Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+12
frog
Gunny1.5
XXX
Twitch
sealdude36
Lone Wolf
NJSC
Airsoftguy238
sniper2525
Admin
reconsniperga
Electioneer
16 posters

Proper Terminology

reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Proper Terminology - Page 2 Empty Re: Proper Terminology

Post  reconsniperga 22.09.09 16:33

Chief wrote:Here's a quote from the book "Roughneck Nine-One" written by Sgt. 1st Class Frank Anetenori, Green Beret, US Army (Retired). He was SF A-team, team Sgt.

"There was a second mount for an M240 medium machine gun, an M240, or a Barret .50cal sniper rifle for doing assaults." (page 31)

He later writes, "We laid out our Barrett .50cal M107 sniper rifles..." (page 84)

It's seems either is more than acceptable.
    I FREAKIN LOVE THAT BOOK!!!! I believe Roughneck Nine-One was one of the best books I've ever read.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 22.09.09 18:57

reconsniperga wrote:
    Chief wrote:Here's a quote from the book "Roughneck Nine-One" written by Sgt. 1st Class Frank Anetenori, Green Beret, US Army (Retired). He was SF A-team, team Sgt.

"There was a second mount for an M240 medium machine gun, an M240, or a Barret .50cal sniper rifle for doing assaults." (page 31)

He later writes, "We laid out our Barrett .50cal M107 sniper rifles..." (page 84)

It's seems either is more than acceptable.
    I FREAKIN LOVE THAT BOOK!!!! I believe Roughneck Nine-One was one of the best books I've ever read.

That and Chosen Soldier.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 22.09.09 19:15

Great Clips sells Haircuts......They have nothing for your guns. jocolor

Post  Guest 22.09.09 21:25

Im still going to defend the magazine vs. clip issue. A magazine is not a clip, and a clip is not a magazine. A magazine completely houses rounds while a clip merely clips them together. Certain weapons can only use clips (M1 Garand for example) and some only magazine (M16), while its really not that big of a deal to mistake one for the other, it is also important to know the difference. In airsoft, it will never matter to you, because no airsoft clips exist, there are only magazines. However, in reality, if you sent in an order for 100 5.56 M4/M16 clips you would recieve a large box filled with 5.56clips used to rapidly load magazines. It doesnt make you a jerk to try and correct someone using incorrect terminology, its just how you go about it. If you straight up laugh in their face and called them a noob, yeah, your pretty much a jerk. But if you just explain it to them then what are you doing but helping them?
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 22.09.09 21:40

Aggressor Dog wrote: It doesnt make you a jerk to try and correct someone using incorrect terminology, its just how you go about it. If you straight up laugh in their face and called them a noob, yeah, your pretty much a jerk. But if you just explain it to them then what are you doing but helping them?

I agree....I once upon a time called Mags, Clips until was told different. I would rather be corrected than sound foolish.
    And I still don't know all the correct terminology for some things. Some one always needs to be told, or How would we learn?
    BigD

Post  BigD 22.09.09 21:44

I guess I misunderstood the intent of this. my apologies.
    Gunny1.5
    Gunny1.5

Post  Gunny1.5 22.09.09 21:55

I almost always call our ammunition holders "magazines" unless i am taking fire and am out of ammo i just say to whoever is near me with an M4, "Dude, pass me a clip, im completely empty!"

and on the subject of books, Marine Sniper: 93 Confirmed Kills is by far, the most amazing military book i have ever read.
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 28.09.09 13:48

Airsoftguy238 wrote:thank you for putting this up it makes me angry when people say clip when it isnt

I second that Max
    +1

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 21:40