Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+11
Q-bald
xplodingbunnys
{ACE}Steve-o
Admin
Markerscope1 [SOTHG]
Bulldog94
Stalker
Gunny1.5
navyseal1000
NJSC
15 posters

Anyone want to have a religious debate?

{ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Anyone want to have a religious debate? - Page 5 Empty Re: Anyone want to have a religious debate?

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 07.12.09 1:05

Aggressor wrote:
    {ACE}Steve-o wrote:

U my friend have officially analyzed life way to much. Lol. In my opinion, life is really impossible to comprehend and will remain a mystery until we die. Bottom line is, as far as believing in God, you either have faith or you don't. But then again you can believe in God and not know Jesus. Just because you know there is a God doesn't mean your saved. Asking Jesus into your heart is what saves you.

But basically it all boils down to this..... either you know Jesus, or you don't. Bottom line. Nothing else matters in life. Because when we die we go to one of two places, heaven or hell. Whether Jesus is in our hearts is that deciding factor. So what else matters in this life other than knowing Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior? nothing in my opinion.

Negative! QM is a very important field of science, but certain things have been revealed through it. Is it overanalyzing if you are partial to scientific truths that can point to the existence of God? I could easily say that to not know of QM and believe in God would be ignorance, but thats not how things work.

but that's science...this is a thread for a religion debate. I'm not saying it is ignorant.... i'm just saying that is way to deep to try and comprehend.....
    Stalker
    Stalker

Anyone want to have a religious debate? - Page 5 Empty Re: Anyone want to have a religious debate?

Post  Stalker 07.12.09 2:47

Well by your reasoning, anyone who does not believe in a god or diety of some sort should not be in this thread as they technically do not have a religion. Rather, science is integral to religion because what other way is there to compare to anything outside? And if there is nothing to compare it too, there is no proof for it to be right. There is no way to prove it wrong either. Basically, science is important.

Last edited by Stalker on 07.12.09 23:38; edited 1 time in total
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 07.12.09 14:31

Stalker wrote:Well by your reasoning, anyone who does not believe in a god or dirty of some sort should not be in this thread as they technically do not have a religion.Rather, science is integral to religion because what other way is there to compare to anything outside? And if there is nothing to compare it too, there is no proof for it to be right. There is no way to prove it wrong either. Basically, science is important.

#1 if you don't believe there is a God, your either agnostic, or atheist (technically)..... considering those are both "religions".....idk where you got this "Well by your reasoning, anyone who does not believe in a god or dirty of some sort should not be in this thread as they technically do not have a religion." I never said someone shouldn't post in this thread....this is a forum....whoever wants to post can.

2nd i NEVER said science is not important. I'm very aware science is often used with debates to prove/disprove God.
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 07.12.09 23:39

Alright, I must have misunderstood. It sounded like you didn't think science should be discussed here.
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 13.12.09 20:01

Can someone worship God through hunting? (Being where the person is harvesting the crops that God put on this Earth for us to harvest)
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 13.12.09 20:22

reconsniperga wrote:Can someone worship God through hunting? (Being where the person is harvesting the crops that God put on this Earth for us to harvest)

"Thou shall not kill"
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 13.12.09 20:33

Q are you a vegetarian by any chance?

There is nothing wrong with hunting as long as it is to gather food/materials or protect them. God told us that the animals given to us for use in sustaining our life. Also, before Jesus died, the people of God sacrificed animals (often lambs, hence "sacrificial lamb") because they were told to, even though the Ten Commandments said "though shall not murder" (which is very different from 'kill').
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 13.12.09 20:37

The word "murder" was replace by "kill" by Roman Catholics,

Murder (mur-der) n.- The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 13.12.09 21:00

Yea that phrase is directed towards humans.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 13.12.09 21:08

The idea of hunting is one that actually does come up often in religious debate. God does give humans the number one position among his creatures, " God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground" (Gen. 1:28)
    The Hebrew term for rule is the same word that is used for God ruling over the earth and humans. Knowing this we can then see that God does not take life for granted, nor does he expect humans to. Not saying that God does not want us to kill animals, but simply we are supposed to do it out of respect, because it is one of God's creation that he put us in charge of. Simply destroying life for the sake of destroying it (e.g. just shooting a bunch of crabs with an airsoft gun for fun) is abuse of our position as ruler of the world. But if you kill to eat, protection, or even for sport while having respect for the animal and ultimately giving thanks to God for providing, then I don't see anything in scripture that would consider this sinful.
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 13.12.09 21:11

But once again,Can someone worship God through hunting? (Being where the person is harvesting the crops that God put on this Earth for us to harvest
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 13.12.09 21:17

Well anything can be turned into worship of God. You are sitting in a tree stand, marveling at everything that God has made, expressing thanks for being able to be part of his creation, and should you bag some game, then thank God for the chance to be part of that as well. Anything can be turned into worship (that isn't sinful of course) if you have the right attitude.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 13.12.09 22:28

Stalker wrote:Q are you a vegetarian by any chance?

Na...I'm not a Hippie Vegetarian
    I love meat almost as much as Airsoft. Not against Hunting either
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 13.12.09 22:40

Q-bald wrote:
    Stalker wrote:Q are you a vegetarian by any chance?

Na...I'm not a Hippie Vegetarian
    I love meat almost as much as Airsoft. Not against Hunting either

+1
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 13.12.09 23:11

Haha good to hear. Meat is a wonderful thing. Nom nom nom... Razz
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 14.12.09 17:02

6Looking at it closely, I observed animals and beasts of prey and reptiles and birds of the air. 7And I heard a voice saying to me, 'Rise, Peter; kill and eat.' 8But I said, 'By no means, Lord; for nothing common or unclean has ever entered my mouth.' 9But the voice answered a second time from heaven, 'What God has made clean, do not call common.'

Acts 11:6-9
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 14.12.09 19:24

^ out of context

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 14:15