Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+4
Takfire
Retherford
Newnan Airsoft Player
Ghost
8 posters

New game types?

Andy
    Andy

New game types? - Page 2 Empty Re: New game types?

Post  Andy 13.06.10 22:31

Well said right back at ya. Very true. You need to guage where the training value is. In airsoft, everyone seems to be out with the soul purpose of winning. That being said.....a small but highly trained force has a better than fair chance of dominating a large disorganized group of people who just "run and gun".

ONLY 4????? Wow. I seriously thought there were more of you. Or is it that you guys partner up with Dagger Unit and IC?

I would still be interested in a kind of Training Day thing if it could be organized. It was just suggested to me that it might have to an "Invite Only" thing.

If I get to play on the 19th, I would love to walk the field and see if any of this is viable at ACZ.
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 13.06.10 23:03

There are only 4 Aggressors who play airsoft with us Andy. There are atleast 10 guys on Dagger probably more and 5 I believe on IC maybe more.

Anyways training for airsoft. I see the most useful things to train for in airsoft, besides physically, are combat related things. Not tactics, not battledrill. I mean shooting, moving, covering your team. Granted you could say thats tactics but when I think of those things Im thinking big unit movements with lots of people and tons of land to do it on with real guns. Those kinds of things, like it has been said, are rather irrelevant in airsoft for the most part. I find the most important thing to train for airsoft are your shooting and tactical skills in the sense of knowing what to do, how to move and such not specific tactics ex: BD1A. We could try some of the things MSATO does. They teach a lot of room clearing stuff but they also do out door things like shooting on the move, shooting from different positions and with your weak hand, things in relations to cover fire and bounding, and so on.

You guys are thinking big scale but when in an airsoft game ever has anyone of us set and executed an ambush? Yea we have run BD1A before and weve done it well but for a normal game at ACZ we never do anything like what I am seeing here. For effective airsoft training it should be training for small unit type things, how to fight as a fireteam and as a squad effectively. Train individual skills but also train as small units which is primarily how we fight in airsoft, small groups of guys. If your a better gun fighter and you can provide better cover for your team and you know how to move while they cover you your going to operate more effectively as a unit no matter how well you know how to do BD1A or not. You plan goes to hell if you cant shoot and move well. Guys get hit, medics cant get to them if they are in play then everything falls apart and you go back to spawn to retry it. I honestly think training these simple things like shooting skills, covering fire, movement, and some minimal small unit tactics would be the best thing we could do to improve our game as a whole. I guess my whole point of this is if you dont know how to fight effectively your tactics dont matter. This may be true it might not be. Depends on your opinion and this is mine.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 15.06.10 22:47

Ghost wrote:I'm thinking that IC, Dagger and Fatal Ops (including you andy) should contact ken and tell him our ideas, we could set up a practice day with the three teams and then we could give airdog just another game set they could do, they might even sponser us somehow if we do opfor for free at their games. this would mean that our three teams can train togethor and grow. we would be a smaller force of experienced players vs. everyone else. somewhat like when airdog does IC and Dagger v. everyone else only we do that alot more with another team added

When we do IC and DU together its because all members from both of our teams are good friends. We create IU. Its not in need for training of any sort more of its just fun becuase we like running together because thats just how we have always done it. We do it for fun not training reasons.
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 16.06.10 8:57

I was just using that as an example of the highly trained small team vs. everyone else
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 16.06.10 11:22

i don't think we need to team up with anyone yet. we need to go out and get our whole team to actually make it to the games first. that'll probably happen this fall. Things are fine the way they are. maybe a special game like the one suggested wouldn't be bad but as the old saying goes "don't fix what isn't broken"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29.03.24 3:36