A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.


    G&G GR 15 Raider or G&G Combat Machine M4

    Share
    avatar
    1991a1Colt

    Posts : 42
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 41
    Location : Newnan, Ga.

    G&G GR 15 Raider or G&G Combat Machine M4

    Post  1991a1Colt on 06.07.10 14:17

    Ok so since I am a noob to airsoft, I was turned onto G&G by the local gun shop and people at the last airsoft game. The questions I have is with the Raider and its stock that holds the battery. The M4 the battery is in the front grip under the delta ring set up. Do they make a LiPo battery for the Raider? Also how well does the desert tan finish hold up on these guns? Thanks for the help guys.....
    avatar
    scooter

    Posts : 359
    Join date : 2009-01-13

    Re: G&G GR 15 Raider or G&G Combat Machine M4

    Post  scooter on 06.07.10 14:52

    As far as batteries go you would probably be better off with the combat machine... I love the raider though, they shoot great
    avatar
    Crazy Twitch

    Posts : 1072
    Join date : 2009-01-03
    Age : 25

    Re: G&G GR 15 Raider or G&G Combat Machine M4

    Post  Crazy Twitch on 06.07.10 15:16

    1991a1Colt wrote:Ok so since I am a noob to airsoft, I was turned onto G&G by the local gun shop and people at the last airsoft game. The questions I have is with the Raider and its stock that holds the battery. The M4 the battery is in the front grip under the delta ring set up. Do they make a LiPo battery for the Raider? Also how well does the desert tan finish hold up on these guns? Thanks for the help guys.....

    The battery for the Raider in within the Crane stock. It has to be a nunchuck battery to fit in the stock. I think they do they nunchuck lipos but I have heard they are no good. Also my friend bought one of these not to long ago and its sick. To fix the problem of the battery issue he just rewired it to the front and put a PEQ box on the ris to hold the lipo. The tan desert finish holds up great! It's an awesome gun!


    _________________
    Guns:
    G&G M4
    A&K SR-25
    avatar
    #CW!!ZERO

    Posts : 1268
    Join date : 2009-01-04
    Age : 26
    Location : Fayetteville, Georgia

    Re: G&G GR 15 Raider or G&G Combat Machine M4

    Post  #CW!!ZERO on 06.07.10 17:49

    I would go with the Combat Machine, I have never like the blowback guns just because they dont even have enough blowback to make it worth while. The Combat Machines are tanks and will hold up very nicely for ya. A 11.1v 1500 mAh Flightmax or a 7.4v 1750 mAh Rhino lipo from AirdogAirsoft will fit right into the handguard of the Combat Machine also. I would highly recommend the 7.4v lipo if you do not want to have to repeatedly have your gun opened up.


    _________________
    A&K Masada 400fps 32rps

    Immortal Casualties
    avatar
    superchrisguy

    Posts : 786
    Join date : 2010-01-20
    Age : 25
    Location : Warner Robins

    Re: G&G GR 15 Raider or G&G Combat Machine M4

    Post  superchrisguy on 06.07.10 21:43

    I just got one of these guns`(the Desert Raider) and its very nice. The finish is excellent (G&G quality). I would go with a 7.4 LiPo if you really want one. A 11.1v would be a little too much without upgrades. The blowback is pretty loud, so stealth isn't an option anymore. Overall both are really great guns and are steal for the price.
    avatar
    1991a1Colt

    Posts : 42
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 41
    Location : Newnan, Ga.

    Re: G&G GR 15 Raider or G&G Combat Machine M4

    Post  1991a1Colt on 06.07.10 23:07

    Hey ya"ll, Thanks, alot for the info, I think they only have blowbacks but thats ok, the gun I used at the last ACZ Night Game was a very loud MP-5 so it was ok. Whats the deal with 7.4 volts, that sounds kinda weak????? I thought most stock battery set ups are 8.4. or is the LiPo so good that they don't need alot of voltage.
    avatar
    superchrisguy

    Posts : 786
    Join date : 2010-01-20
    Age : 25
    Location : Warner Robins

    Re: G&G GR 15 Raider or G&G Combat Machine M4

    Post  superchrisguy on 06.07.10 23:13

    The 7.4 LiPo is a little stronger than a 9.6v Nimh battery. The voltage is lower because it is made of a different chemical substance but reacts "faster" than the Nimh batteries.
    avatar
    Crazy Twitch

    Posts : 1072
    Join date : 2009-01-03
    Age : 25

    Re: G&G GR 15 Raider or G&G Combat Machine M4

    Post  Crazy Twitch on 06.07.10 23:44

    1991a1Colt wrote:Hey ya"ll, Thanks, alot for the info, I think they only have blowbacks but thats ok, the gun I used at the last ACZ Night Game was a very loud MP-5 so it was ok. Whats the deal with 7.4 volts, that sounds kinda weak????? I thought most stock battery set ups are 8.4. or is the LiPo so good that they don't need alot of voltage.

    Lipo 7.4 batteries are just as good as 9.6 NIMH. There by far alot better battery!


    _________________
    Guns:
    G&G M4
    A&K SR-25
    avatar
    Rhino

    Posts : 1580
    Join date : 2008-12-31
    Age : 39
    Location : The Big Dime (Tenn.)

    Re: G&G GR 15 Raider or G&G Combat Machine M4

    Post  Rhino on 07.07.10 1:03

    7.4 = FTW


    _________________
    G&P Custom Navy Seal PolarStar with Short, Medium and Long Uppers.
    XDM
    avatar
    {ACE}Steve-o

    Posts : 833
    Join date : 2009-02-02
    Age : 25
    Location : Newnan

    Re: G&G GR 15 Raider or G&G Combat Machine M4

    Post  {ACE}Steve-o on 07.07.10 16:33

    a 7.4 lipo is equal to a 9.6 NIMH battery as far as ROF goes...however the trigger response on the lipo is beautiful.....there may be more perks to, but that's the only one i am aware of.
    avatar
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 2096
    Join date : 2008-12-30
    Location : Acworth

    Re: G&G GR 15 Raider or G&G Combat Machine M4

    Post  Admin on 07.07.10 16:39

    {ACE}Steve-o wrote:a 7.4 lipo is equal to a 9.6 NIMH battery as far as ROF goes...however the trigger response on the lipo is beautiful.....there may be more perks to, but that's the only one i am aware of.
    More battery life in a smaller space, and the RoF doesn't drop off as much as the battery starts to drain.


    _________________




    If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
    avatar
    1991a1Colt

    Posts : 42
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 41
    Location : Newnan, Ga.

    Re: G&G GR 15 Raider or G&G Combat Machine M4

    Post  1991a1Colt on 07.07.10 17:28

    Thanks guys, I really appreciate the information!!!!! Very Happy

    Sponsored content

    Re: G&G GR 15 Raider or G&G Combat Machine M4

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is 21.11.17 6:14