Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

4 posters

wooded 4 man squad tactics?

WARHOGadam
    WARHOGadam

wooded 4 man squad tactics? Empty wooded 4 man squad tactics?

Post  WARHOGadam 07.07.10 23:49

my team is having issues getting our whole team together at once (two guys are currently deployed to iraq) so we are running small games every weekend with 4 man teams or less. any ideas for small group tactics in objective based game play? we do alot of defense based and VIP games, so any advice, comments,snide remarks will be welcome =]
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

wooded 4 man squad tactics? Empty Re: wooded 4 man squad tactics?

Post  Admin 08.07.10 0:07

I can teach you guys some basic stuff on Saturday during/after the game. It's kind of hard to learn the fundamentals just by reading it online without practical application because you miss a lot without someone watching over you and critiquing you, but I've been taught some stuff that I could show you all.
    WARHOGadam
    WARHOGadam

Post  WARHOGadam 08.07.10 0:11

Admin wrote:I can teach you guys some basic stuff on Saturday during/after the game. It's kind of hard to learn the fundamentals just by reading it online without practical application because you miss a lot without someone watching over you and critiquing you, but I've been taught some stuff that I could show you all.

awesome man, i know some basics of squad movement (too many hours of history and military channel) but id like for some of the less military minded guys on our team to learn some movements and formations for when we actually play other teams in a more than fun way.

do you know how the teams will be organized sat? will it be us vs. the out of towners or mix and match skill wise?
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 08.07.10 22:17

Buddy Teams.

Even with 2 guys you can still pull off 360 security.

Buddy 1 can cover the movement of Buddy 2 and vice versa.

If you can get Buddy Teams down, you then can put 2 of those teams together to form a Fire Team. 2 Fire Teams = a Squad. (3 Fire Teams in the Marines I think)

For VIP stuff, you can use 4 guys in a diamond around the Primary. But, having not played that game type yet, don't really know how it would work. But for sure, I would not have less than 2 with the Primary.

I have been in the Army for.....a little bit, so I would be more than happy to answer any questions. Admin is right though, it is best to "do it" than to hear or read about it.
    WARHOGadam
    WARHOGadam

Post  WARHOGadam 09.07.10 11:28

Andy wrote:Buddy Teams.

If you can get Buddy Teams down, you then can put 2 of those teams together to form a Fire Team. 2 Fire Teams = a Squad. (3 Fire Teams in the Marines I think)

For VIP stuff, you can use 4 guys in a diamond around the Primary. But, having not played that game type yet, don't really know how it would work. But for sure, I would not have less than 2 with the Primary.

I have been in the Army for.....a little bit, so I would be more than happy to answer any questions. Admin is right though, it is best to "do it" than to hear or read about it.

all that makes sense, but yeah...deffinitly show us saturday.im beyond pumped for the game.

what MOS? im getting an 11B airborne ranger contract when i finish one more college class.
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 09.07.10 16:40

WARHOGadam wrote:
    Andy wrote:Buddy Teams.

all that makes sense, but yeah...deffinitly show us saturday.im beyond pumped for the game.

what MOS? im getting an 11B airborne ranger contract when i finish one more college class.

Andy is in the Infantry.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29.03.24 4:56