Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+14
Miles M
Crazy Twitch
Blaze
theangryschnoodle
ownage1
Rhino
Admin
superchrisguy
just some kid
Newnan Airsoft Player
-a|ex
flipa
Twitch
cykotik1
18 posters

I want your input.....noob to airsoft.

-a|ex
    -a|ex

I want your input.....noob to airsoft. - Page 2 Empty Re: I want your input.....noob to airsoft.

Post  -a|ex 11.01.11 12:57

poopdaddy wrote:
    for qcb pick up a good laser and sight it in on a paper plate at about 50 feet
    then you can pop a man sized target from 10 to about 100 feet with the laser for targeting

i recommend sighting laser in at 25 feet (most rooms are around 25 feet) and iron sights at 75 feet. if fps is over 400 with good bucking and solid barrel (shimmed with no movement) then adjust iron sights or optics to 100 feet.

if the optics are too low (cheek hitting stock) then you can purchase a 1 inch riser. this adds weight but it's well worth it. stock iron sights works well if adjusted correctly and doesn't wobble. i never used a masada, but try it with the stock folded. also, train yourself to use both eyes.

not all games are cqb, keep the masada for when you play AZC.

-a|ex

I want your input.....noob to airsoft. - Page 2 Empty Re: I want your input.....noob to airsoft.

Post  Guest 11.01.11 13:33

The Masada and TAVOR are definitly not unique anymore, they almost compare to the numbers of M4s on the field at some games.

If you want a unique weapon that fires well, I'd suggest you look at a G&G M14. Great performance, not all too common on the field (trust me, just by LOOKING at the gun you can discern from JG/ECHO1 meh14 and G&G highquality manly14) If you want a more modern look they also offer the G&G M14 with an EBR body.

I want your input.....noob to airsoft. - Page 2 Gg-egm10

I want your input.....noob to airsoft. - Page 2 Aeg_gg10

They also make shortened versions of both weapons, like the SOC16, the shortened fullstock version. OR, if you really want the gun to be short, you can look at the short barreled version of the EBR.

I want your input.....noob to airsoft. - Page 2 Ca_m1410

Not so big fully collapsed. As for aiming down the sights with face pro on, your best bet is to get either an AK or MP5 and grab an angled stock, like this:

I want your input.....noob to airsoft. - Page 2 Mk120f10

Specifically designed to be used with face pro. Made by SRT units that use some thick headgear and facepro. Only for the AK and MP5 though.

I want your input.....noob to airsoft. - Page 2 Geisel10
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 11.01.11 14:44

Paul that makes me want to go fix my mp5's
    superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Post  superchrisguy 11.01.11 15:00

Like Aggressor said, go with getting your internals upgraded, then worry about the exterior. A great performing gun is way better than a poor performing gun that looks pretty (IMO). Thats why my gun looks a mess right now, but fires very nice and smooth.
    cykotik1
    cykotik1

Post  cykotik1 11.01.11 16:31

Thanks for all of your inputs. I think I'll give the Masada another chance. I'll grab a riser (and maybe an EoTech clone) and see how that helps out. And when Airdog opens up their new shop I'll bring it in and start getting it upgraded. I know I want better accuracy and rof. And probably get a LiPo conversion done too.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 11.01.11 21:44

cykotik1 wrote:Thanks for all of your inputs. I think I'll give the Masada another chance. I'll grab a riser (and maybe an EoTech clone) and see how that helps out. And when Airdog opens up their new shop I'll bring it in and start getting it upgraded. I know I want better accuracy and rof. And probably get a LiPo conversion done too.

Just let us know when your ready!
    Gunny1.5
    Gunny1.5

Post  Gunny1.5 11.01.11 22:55

cykotik1 wrote:Thanks for all of your inputs. I think I'll give the Masada another chance. I'll grab a riser (and maybe an EoTech clone) and see how that helps out. And when Airdog opens up their new shop I'll bring it in and start getting it upgraded. I know I want better accuracy and rof. And probably get a LiPo conversion done too.
    If you get an eotech, I would suggest getting a lens guatd, I've seen to many busted eotech lenses....
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 11.01.11 23:08

Gunny1.5 wrote:
    If you get an eotech, I would suggest getting a lens guatd, I've seen to many busted eotech lenses....

never had a problem at ACZ, keep your distance and the lense should be fine. CQB is a different story. i don't even recommend using it.

-a|ex
    cykotik1
    cykotik1

Post  cykotik1 12.01.11 0:05

Rhino wrote:

Just let us know when your ready!

What? You guys are already open? If so I will swing by in a couple of days and see what it might run me.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 20:35