Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

3 posters

Cleaning and oiling your AEG

xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Cleaning and oiling your AEG Empty Cleaning and oiling your AEG

Post  xyzpdq0121 09.03.11 21:16

Ok quick n00b question. I used to just squirt some oil into my mags every few reloads. Since I used to only use real cap mags or low cap mags, it was never really a problem. Since getting back into airsoft, I have gone the mid and high cap mag route. (I think I like the other way a bit better but it is hard to compete at SS airsoft when you only have 30 rounds and all the kids have 300.) Anyways, my rifle is pretty old, 2002, but has not been fired much in that time other than the past few games. I have been reading about how some people oil the inside barrel of the rifle as well as polish the inside of the barrel. What is proper procedure to keep this thing firing?!?
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Cleaning and oiling your AEG Empty Re: Cleaning and oiling your AEG

Post  #CW!!ZERO 09.03.11 23:51

I did a whole polishing walk through and the results, search the forum, its somewhere on here. But all of IC oils their midcaps and they feed our 30+ rps guns just fine, the barrel isnt what would cause a feeding issue but the hopup unit definitely could be causing some problems.
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 10.03.11 0:02

I really do not have any feeding issues at all. I just have always done the mag because I was told years ago it was good maintenance. I searched the forums for oiling the rifle but not polishing. Sorry for my oversight. I will read through that thread. One question on polishing though, do you have to remove the barrel to do it or can it be done while still connected?
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 10.03.11 0:30

Definitely remove the barrel, if you don't know exactly how to take it apart I would take it to Airdog. It's not hard at all, it's just knowing how to do it, i'm sure you can easily research it online.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 10.03.11 9:09

you risk damaging your hopup bucking if you don't remove the barrel.
    it's also a good idea to repolish after 50k rounds. i use a .22 cleaning kit (buffer attachment) from wallmart and a high speed drill.
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 10.03.11 9:38

-a|ex wrote:you risk damaging your hopup bucking if you don't remove the barrel.
    it's also a good idea to repolish after 50k rounds. i use a .22 cleaning kit (buffer attachment) from wallmart and a high speed drill.

Ya, I already have the cleaning kit... Now just to figure out how to remove the barrel from my TM. Thanks for the advice guys.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 10.03.11 13:16

if its a TM M4 then u just pop out the back pin and lift up from the rear, the barrel will just slide out.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 18.04.24 23:49