Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

3 posters

Western Arms (SCW3?) Kimber problems

ownage1
    ownage1

Western Arms (SCW3?) Kimber problems Empty Western Arms (SCW3?) Kimber problems

Post  ownage1 10.03.11 17:59

I spent 2.5hrs lubing and cleaning my kimber and then went to airsoft atlanta to have them fix my leaky WA magazines.after all was looking pretty i put green gas in the magazine(kimber has a metal slide) and waited till the mags got to room temp then tried shooting. i have 5 mags. none worked perfectly. mainly i would shoot and the slide would blow back, no bb would come out, and the gun would decock itself. i then recock it and fire and the gun wont really blow back but a bb will shoot out. then those 2 steps will repeat. on a different magazine when i held the gun upsidedown and shot i got 3 shots of before the gun decocked. another magazine released all its gas after the third shot. WTF IS WRONG. do i need to lube the valves and O-rings of the magazines?¿ is a part worn down and needs replacement? I will try to post a video of the problem on monday. If you don't know what is wrong, but know a site that could help me, please post a link. i know the likely hood of someone knowing how to fix a WA pistol is low. but out of the 500+ members on the forum, someones gotta know somethen.

Western Arms (SCW3?) Kimber problems 2011-03-15194802_Norcross_Georgia_US
    Western Arms (SCW3?) Kimber problems 2011-03-15194320_Norcross_Georgia_US
    Western Arms (SCW3?) Kimber problems 2011-03-15194239_Norcross_Georgia_US
    Western Arms (SCW3?) Kimber problems 2011-03-15194541_Norcross_Georgia_US
    Western Arms (SCW3?) Kimber problems 2011-03-15194651_Norcross_Georgia_US
    Western Arms (SCW3?) Kimber problems 2011-03-15194723_Norcross_Georgia_US
    Western Arms (SCW3?) Kimber problems 2011-03-15194711_Norcross_Georgia_US
    Western Arms (SCW3?) Kimber problems 2011-03-15194818_Norcross_Georgia_US
    Western Arms (SCW3?) Kimber problems 2011-03-15194219_Norcross_Georgia_US
    Western Arms (SCW3?) Kimber problems 2011-03-15194937_Norcross_Georgia_US

Last edited by ownage1 on 23.03.11 1:38; edited 2 times in total
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Western Arms (SCW3?) Kimber problems Empty Re: Western Arms (SCW3?) Kimber problems

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 10.03.11 20:01

well it could be that WA arent made to handle GG without the proper upgrades to its vital parts. Not sure if uve done that but the Trademark Kimber slide I assume is metal is a step in the right dirrection. If the mags are leaking you probably need to replace the O-rings and install some high flow valves to sedate the GG pressure thats escaping.
    ownage1
    ownage1

Western Arms (SCW3?) Kimber problems Empty Re: Western Arms (SCW3?) Kimber problems

Post  ownage1 10.03.11 22:12

the mags arn't leaking anymore, airsoft atlanta fixed that. should i buy duster gas and try that?
    i don't know much about the magazines ability to give gg but the kimber has a metal slide and upgraded recoil and hammer springs. besides for the loading nozzle, there is nothing more i can really upgrade in the gun.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 10.03.11 22:50

ownage1 wrote:the mags arn't leaking anymore, airsoft atlanta fixed that. should i buy duster gas and try that?
    i don't know much about the magazines ability to give gg but the kimber has a metal slide and upgraded recoil and hammer springs. besides for the loading nozzle, there is nothing more i can really upgrade in the gun.
    Well from what you said it sounds like the firing pin is not hitting the gas valve on the mag efficiently. You may need to get a new firing pin or try and fix the current one, as it may be damaged or have something constricting it.
    ownage1
    ownage1

Post  ownage1 23.03.11 1:31

Newnan Airsoft Player wrote:
    ownage1 wrote:the mags arn't leaking anymore, airsoft atlanta fixed that. should i buy duster gas and try that?
    Well from what you said it sounds like the firing pin is not hitting the gas valve on the mag efficiently. You may need to get a new firing pin or try and fix the current one, as it may be damaged or have something constricting it.

it uses thin 1911 magazines if that helps at all.
    ok thankyou, should i order one of these:?
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/guarder-firing-pin-wa-46.html
    http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=GD-PT-WA05SCW&search=searchItem&rs=wa%20pin&catid=&cat=
    wtf is this http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=PGC-PT-SVFPSCW3&search=searchItem&rs=wa%20ver.%203&catid=&cat=

What makes this only for 1911 TM pistols? shouldnt it fit my 1911 aswell?
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/aluminium-machined-1911-grip-cover-p-4202.html
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/ipsc-grip-screw-blue-p-4216.html
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/gb259b-lightweight-style-magwell-p-3948.html
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/gb258b-shot-style-magwell-p-3946.html

i added pics to OP
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 23.03.11 9:04

You'd have to take it to someone who really knows gas pistols to diagnose the problem and tell you the parts that are damaged and need replacement. I couldn't give you a solid answer to your problem over the internet.
    severoth

Post  severoth 02.09.11 1:09

Western arms hammer springs are not designed to hit the values on ur mags hard enough with gg/propane causing what is known as "light strikes" on the valvue. Basically hammer falls just bumping the value it will just pop the bb out of the gun or fail to fire and the hammer falls, (without a full slide cycle) Note: make sure u Slide ur loading nozzle there forward and give it plenty of Oil on it as well ALSO that rear valve on the back of the mags always needs to be smooth and silky. oil oil oil... to solve this and use gg/propane gota geta reinforced hammer spring. or use duster gas... also as others said gg/propane is likely to add wear and tear faster than duster... bear in mind its not always easy to find parts for WA guns.
    ownage1
    ownage1

Post  ownage1 03.09.11 20:17

the pistol has King arms 150% upgraded hammer and recoil springs in it and it still acts like this. ill lube it more, and lube the mags more.
    severoth

Western Arms (SCW3?) Kimber problems Empty OK.

Post  severoth 10.09.11 18:46

Well myself i have upgraded 2 marui 1911s and im using the old hammer springs from those in 2 wa prokillers they seem to be working fine, meaning its the same for either gun. With that said im only using the HAMMER springs in my maruis and not the recoil springs, they were not producing positive results... try with ur stock recoil spring... leave the upgraded hammer spring. ALSO ARE YOU COMPLETELY CERTAIN that u got ur LEAF Spring Put back EXACTLY how it should be...that can cause all sorts of weird problems sorry i did not notice it before... forgive the caps..

Note: (I remembered this because ur 3rd pic from bottom.i cant see if there is an o-ring there in the pic) When u slide ur nozzle all the way up, is there an O-ring? at the back end? im pretty sure there should be... I ask because both of the prokillers i own were used when i got them. The first was giving me some issues, i inspected closer and there was a very worn o ring at the back end of the loading nozzle. I was like lame, because i was not sure i could find another one that could fix the problem. I improvised and used another o-ring from a Marui piston kit that had different thicknesses now it works great. Despite it being a much tighter fit from the first its overall diameter was about equal with the original, that is why it worked. I think it will also help that it is thicker overall giving it greater longevity. I hope one of these things will fix it. This second thing i would check first! if not the leaf spring!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 11:18