Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+7
Rhino
xyzpdq0121
Newnan Airsoft Player
reconsniperga
HavenUnitOctopus
just some kid
AK-Andrew
11 posters

deciding between three M4 types...

AK-Andrew
    AK-Andrew

deciding between three M4 types... Empty deciding between three M4 types...

Post  AK-Andrew 04.04.11 21:03

I need a new primary. Badly. So I want one before the
    SC game.
    I want an M4, CQB raider style, $350 budget.
    Im not into gadgets at all.. dont need the rails, but like the look.
    So after reserching, these are the 3 I like:

G&G G15 raider blowback--$200
    deciding between three M4 types... Aeg_gg12

KWA SR7-$340
    deciding between three M4 types... Aeg_kw10

G&P Magpul M4-$350
    deciding between three M4 types... Aeg_gp10

I have only held and shot the SR7,...its very nice. I know nothing of the other two.

I know the G&G is plastic...but could the internals be upgraded, or even worth it?

. Any help on any of these weapons -much obliged

THanks
    just some kid
    just some kid

deciding between three M4 types... Empty Re: deciding between three M4 types...

Post  just some kid 04.04.11 21:22

if you aren't into gadgets and stuff then you could get the KWA CQB M4 which is basically the SR7 without the rails and it's wired to the front. It's also $275. the best choice out of those is the SR7
    HavenUnitOctopus

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 04.04.11 21:30

I would agree with this guy above me. Then later if u want to add rails just by 75 ris. http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_106_286&products_id=26621
    AK-Andrew
    AK-Andrew

Post  AK-Andrew 04.04.11 21:57

Thanks guys! That sounds like what I should do.

Does Airdog sell that CQB m4? I would like to purchase this week.
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 04.04.11 22:05

I have the G&G Raider. I haven't had any problems with it, and this is the 2nd G&G M4 I've owned. I've been recommending G&G's to people, but that's mainly because for the money, it pretty much the best gun you can get.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 04.04.11 22:07

i'm sure they sell it but the price might be a little more. you'd probably end up spending about the same price if you ordered it online though because of shipping. However if you end up buying rails later you're going to need to buy a PEQ box for your battery. That's what i did and i love the gun. Another thing you might consider is buying the full size m4 for a little more. the rail size is the same length just the barrel is a little longer. Where do you usually play?
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 04.04.11 22:22

KWA all the way, plus we in da south not cali. lol
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 04.04.11 22:27

Andrew,

Out of those I like the KWA. You could go with the G&G and upgrade later but why would you do that? From what I understand the KWA internals are great stock. I would also look at the Tokyo Marui SR16 Stoner for around $350 as a package (batt and bbs included) from Evike. I have also seen it as low as $325 if you google it. It is what I have been using for about 6 years and it has held up like a dream. It is stock and I am FINALLY sending it in for its first tune up before the SC game. I just can't break this thing!!! It is not as short as some of the CQB M4s out there but it is nice none the less and I can CQB with it just fine.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 04.04.11 22:35

We have the raider in stock, The KWA will be in next week just sold out Saturday, and we have the Magpul in stock.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 04.04.11 22:39

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/KWA_KM4_CQB_AEG_airsoft_p/65066.htm

In stock.

Not trying to take business form airdog in any way but these guys are much closer to you and you could get it tomorrow if you wanted. Way under Your budget and IMHO the best gun by far on your list.
    AK-Andrew
    AK-Andrew

Post  AK-Andrew 04.04.11 23:30

heres the thing: I play at SS and Airdog. I will be playing Georgetown.
    Ive been running a fullstock AK47.
    The only decent attribute it has is (to me ) accuracy. The rof is..hmmm.."realistic", and the fps are low-mid 300s. The range is decent, but the hitting power is very weak at long range. and its length is a handfull in cqb, have to breakdown the hopup and clean about every 3000 rds.. I could go on, but Im sure you all know what a $150 AK47 will give.

I shot a kids SR7 at airdog game and was very impressed. It seemed to have most everything I was wanting...high rof even on 2cell lipo, hitting power at range, and compact size for cqb.

And a few bucks or miles here or there doesnt matter to me. I just would like to support Airdog because they have treated me so good when I came there. Customer service carries alot of weight with me.
    Also, I would prefer to hold the weapon in my hands and feel it. Before purchase. There may be some thing I cant live with that I cant tell from an internet picture.
    I must make sure the weapon is comfortable not only in aiming position, but the many carry positions with each and both hands. Its important because 90% of the time a person is just carrying the rifle around, not aiming and firing.
    Oh yeah...I have to think it looks good..thats most important of course. lol!

just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 04.04.11 23:42

you might want to upgrade to an m120 sprng if you want powert because i think the KWA CQB M4 only comes with a m110.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 05.04.11 7:43

AK-Andrew wrote: heres the thing: I play at SS and Airdog. I will be playing Georgetown.
    Ive been running a fullstock AK47.
    The only decent attribute it has is (to me ) accuracy. The rof is..hmmm.."realistic", and the fps are low-mid 300s. The range is decent, but the hitting power is very weak at long range. and its length is a handfull in cqb, have to breakdown the hopup and clean about every 3000 rds.. I could go on, but Im sure you all know what a $150 AK47 will give.

I shot a kids SR7 at airdog game and was very impressed. It seemed to have most everything I was wanting...high rof even on 2cell lipo, hitting power at range, and compact size for cqb.

And a few bucks or miles here or there doesnt matter to me. I just would like to support Airdog because they have treated me so good when I came there. Customer service carries alot of weight with me.
    Also, I would prefer to hold the weapon in my hands and feel it. Before purchase. There may be some thing I cant live with that I cant tell from an internet picture.
    I must make sure the weapon is comfortable not only in aiming position, but the many carry positions with each and both hands. Its important because 90% of the time a person is just carrying the rifle around, not aiming and firing.
    Oh yeah...I have to think it looks good..thats most important of course. lol!

Well if you play there then support them, Airdog is 1000 times better than Out fo stock Atlanta. I just wish I was closer to Airdog.
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 05.04.11 7:56

Last edited by xyzpdq0121 on 08.04.11 11:42; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Deleted post)
    superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Post  superchrisguy 05.04.11 8:27

Silent_Option wrote:
    support them, Airdog.

Nuff said.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 05.04.11 10:01

i support both airsoft atlanta and airdog. the staff at AA are fun to chat with and they usually have a good selection of products and accessories. obviously, i will go to airdog first, but availability is king. as for prices, airdog matched prices when i purchased the Tavor. not sure if they will match prices on all their products (LiPo's are a hard sell compared to online-china).

i've bought a few items at On Target, but that's also a long drive for me. i like that they are using Amazon (i'm an amazon prime member). they are also limited on a selection of products/accessories.
    AK-Andrew
    AK-Andrew

Post  AK-Andrew 07.04.11 9:55

Can anyone tell me anything bad about the G&P magpul except the price?
    Ive been doing more research...lots of people rave about it.
    Im completely in love with the look of the thing.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 07.04.11 12:40

I've heard the externals on G&P guns are great and with this one being magpul I would expect them to be but i'm not too sure on the internals.
    AK-Andrew
    AK-Andrew

Post  AK-Andrew 08.04.11 19:11

OK so I bought the KWA M4 CQB from Airdog today.

Ryan convinced me that the G&P Magpul, although stunning to look at...like most gorgeous girls is a bit rotten on the inside. First she will break your wallet, and then she will break your heart. So unlike when I didnt listen to all my friends and married that New Orleans stripper anyway, I did the "smart" thing and went with the KWA.

Ryan gave me a killer price, too. And took the time to give me all the ins and outs of the weapon. Ive rarely felt better about a significant $ purchase.

So, now the girl is pretty plain Jane, but after tonight Ill have here showing more personality. With the money I saved, I bought her a party dress (Magpul Stock) which I must say makes her <CENSORED> look fabulous! She's trying a new line of makeup (Krylon) and begging me for a boobjob (magpul foregrips). Im sure she's trying to look more like that floozy G&P Magpul I was flirting with in the store. Whatever.

Thanks for everyone's on this thread help! Now to get her ready to spit on them South Cakalacky boys!
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 08.04.11 19:16

I'm telling you, you won't regret buying that gun. A 7.4 lipo would also be a good purchase for it. Sounds like that gun is gonna be lookin good though!
    AK-Andrew
    AK-Andrew

Post  AK-Andrew 08.04.11 19:42

Thanks! Im doing alot tonight...new wiring, deans, ect...DX orange tip, paint funiture, some external dremel work, remove slingpoints, ..

I have a few 7.4 lipos, I have to see what fits.

Ill put up some pics later.
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 08.04.11 20:27

AK-Andrew wrote:OK so I bought the KWA M4 CQB from Airdog today.

Ryan convinced me that the G&P Magpul, although stunning to look at...like most gorgeous girls is a bit rotten on the inside. First she will break your wallet, and then she will break your heart. So unlike when I didnt listen to all my friends and married that New Orleans stripper anyway, I did the "smart" thing and went with the KWA.

Ryan gave me a killer price, too. And took the time to give me all the ins and outs of the weapon. Ive rarely felt better about a significant $ purchase.

So, now the girl is pretty plain Jane, but after tonight Ill have here showing more personality. With the money I saved, I bought her a party dress (Magpul Stock) which I must say makes her <CENSORED> look fabulous! She's trying a new line of makeup (Krylon) and begging me for a boobjob (magpul foregrips). Im sure she's trying to look more like that floozy G&P Magpul I was flirting with in the store. Whatever.

Thanks for everyone's on this thread help! Now to get her ready to spit on them South Cakalacky boys!

LOL That is the post of the week right there!!! I think you made the right choice here and also by dumping the New Orleans stripper, too many crabs and I am not talking about the gumbo!
    vorter
    vorter

Post  vorter 22.06.11 19:12

AK-Andrew wrote:OK so I bought the KWA M4 CQB from Airdog today.

Wow... What an analogy!
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 22.06.11 21:33

G&P internals have never been the best. I bought a complete bolt carrier for one of my GBBR's about 5 months ago and the airnozzle is already bending due to the poor plastic construction. Also had some G&P GBBR mags and although their exterior was great, they performed like any other ACM mag.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 15:33