Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+5
Twitch
Andy
flipa
theangryschnoodle
just some kid
9 posters

Trip To George Town

just some kid
    just some kid

Trip To George Town Empty Trip To George Town

Post  just some kid 07.05.11 20:33

Today I went up there with Flipa and my dad and we met the guys from the team AARP. A bunch of nice guys to play airsoft with. The field itself is never flat. no matter where you are, you're always walking uphill.....and I loved it! This is a REALLY nice field and I only saw roughly half of it. As much as I hated it I think the killhouse was pretty neat. You can manouver all over this field and the people there are pretty friendly. The FPS limit was a little low at 400 and i wasn't a big fan of the full seal goggles but I had a great time anyways. The cost was also good...$25 to play from like 10-5 with a 1 hour lunch break. My only complaint was that it's so far away. I definitely reccomend this field to everyone to try out just be prepared to do a lot of uphill walking. Also scaring thecrap out of Flipa on the ride home was the best, I just wish it was on video.
    theangryschnoodle
    theangryschnoodle

Trip To George Town Empty Re: Trip To George Town

Post  theangryschnoodle 07.05.11 22:52

We we're there. We had a great time playing with AARP. Today was awesome, the weather was good and there was a really good crowd playing.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 07.05.11 23:47

yeah i saw you guys there. you had a cool pc
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 08.05.11 1:34

theangryschnoodle wrote:We we're there. We had a great time playing with AARP. Today was awesome, the weather was good and there was a really good crowd playing.

I recognized most of you guys with the Team Highland patches and mostly just on familiar faces, but you guys seem to busy doing your stuff so go up and say hi.
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 08.05.11 9:48

Good times at a really nice/huge field. Lots up gnats. I saw lots of good movement by most of the players. Usually as I sat there with a dead rag on my head. A few times I had members of the other team congratulate me on a valient fight to the death. "Good job dude. Hell of a fight" was told to me by a couple of guys after I took on 15 of them. They were all up hill while I was on the road. All I could do was hug the burm and high crawl to different spots to shoot. I got a couple of them but then got bum rushed. Great fight.

After laughing for the longest time, I seriously need to figure out how to use the camera on my phone and then post that stuff.
    "AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!" "OH MY GOD!!!" "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 08.05.11 9:55

We will have to try GT this summer when I am home. It sounds like y'all had some good experiences.
    theangryschnoodle
    theangryschnoodle

Post  theangryschnoodle 08.05.11 11:49

flipa wrote:
    theangryschnoodle wrote:We we're there. We had a great time playing with AARP. Today was awesome, the weather was good and there was a really good crowd playing.

I recognized most of you guys with the Team Highland patches and mostly just on familiar faces, but you guys seem to busy doing your stuff so go up and say hi.

Sorry, we didn't mean to be rude (not sarcastic, as a team we didn't really meet and greet yesterday and now that I think about it it is kind of rude). I recognized you guys too. The Fatal Ops patch's looked awesome. Hopefully we can play again sometime and meet eachother.
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 08.05.11 13:46

theangryschnoodle wrote:
    flipa wrote:

Sorry, we didn't mean to be rude (not sarcastic, as a team we didn't really meet and greet yesterday and now that I think about it it is kind of rude). I recognized you guys too. The Fatal Ops patch's looked awesome. Hopefully we can play again sometime and meet eachother.

Maybe I'll actually be able to go next time! Razz
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 08.05.11 15:32

Andy wrote:
    After laughing for the longest time, I seriously need to figure out how to use the camera on my phone and then post that stuff.
    "AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!" "OH MY GOD!!!" "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

DID YOU GUYS RECORD THAT THING!??!?! OH MY.....
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 08.05.11 15:44

lol no we didn't record it but we wish we did!
    theangryschnoodle
    theangryschnoodle

Post  theangryschnoodle 08.05.11 17:28

Here are the videos, we didn't get much filming because I forgot to change the batteries on mine and the other guy's camera finally died. We're trying to ressurect it but we might just have to send it to Tachyon for repairs.

The second video was filmed with the camera that died. Another guy, "Big Skinny," (In full MC and black ballcap at the beggining parts of both vids) was filming with a Contour, he said he'd email me the video when it goes up so when it does I'll post it here. He also said he filmed a ton at the GA/SC op, even at night he rigged it so it was looking through his NVG's (not sure how) but hasn't got around to editing it. If he does I'll also post it up.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 08.05.11 21:47

we were planning to go there yesterday, but nobody woke up early enough to get ready. so we ended up going to metropolis.
    i was working on our AEG's to meet the FPS limits. had problems with semi lock on my tavor and didn't want to disable full auto per sniper requirement (needed full auto to cycle out of semi-auto lock). replaced all the springs on the p90's (including the dmr) back to stock to keep it below 400 fps. gonna replace them all back to normal for this weekend's ACZ game.

let me know when the next time you guys are heading up.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 08.05.11 21:51

i'll be sure to post on here next time to see if anyone would be interested. playing a new field is much better when you play with friends.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 08.05.11 22:23

-a|ex wrote:we were planning to go there yesterday, but nobody woke up early enough to get ready. so we ended up going to metropolis.
    i was working on our AEG's to meet the FPS limits. had problems with semi lock on my tavor and didn't want to disable full auto per sniper requirement (needed full auto to cycle out of semi-auto lock). replaced all the springs on the p90's (including the dmr) back to stock to keep it below 400 fps. gonna replace them all back to normal for this weekend's ACZ game.

They qualified me as a sniper and I have the same problem as you with the semi-lock. As long as you make sure you play with semi only and anything less than hi-caps because they are strict with enforcing their rules.
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 09.05.11 8:57

GT is always a great time. The terrain is difficult but fun. There is usually lots of action but also enough space to be tactical at the same time. Andy, it was great to finally meet you. Justsomekid: sorry I did not get to talk to you and Flipa too much. I should have been more social but I had a lot on my mind and was just in the zone! Next time for sure. I am glad that I got to play with ya'll. We will be at Airdog next weekend so we will be playing on your home turf!
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 09.05.11 11:05

XYZ has been tagged in the first vid
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 09.05.11 16:32

flipa wrote:
    -a|ex wrote:we were planning to go there yesterday, but nobody woke up early enough to get ready. so we ended up going to metropolis.

They qualified me as a sniper and I have the same problem as you with the semi-lock. As long as you make sure you play with semi only and anything less than hi-caps because they are strict with enforcing their rules.

just make sure to send him an email or something first

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29.03.24 2:02