Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+14
savoy6
superchrisguy
Gunny1.5
Blaze
wolf six
flipa
Blackhawk 5
theangryschnoodle
S.M.A.
ownage1
Newnan Airsoft Player
Silent_Option
Twitch
just some kid
18 posters

So what do you think?

Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

So what do you think? - Page 2 Empty Re: So what do you think?

Post  Blackhawk 5 29.05.11 13:38

So what do you think? - Page 2 1306549695723-1
    superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Post  superchrisguy 29.05.11 13:54

BF3 all day.
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 30.05.11 12:31

Newnan Airsoft Player wrote:
    Blaze wrote:I play gta 4 that's real life right there
    yea, were else would you get 1 star for killing a hooker.
    yeah...but if you kill that hooker, you can get your money back....
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 30.05.11 12:33

savoy6 wrote:
    Newnan Airsoft Player wrote:
    Blaze wrote:I play gta 4 that's real life right there
    yea, were else would you get 1 star for killing a hooker.
    yeah...but if you kill that hooker, you can get your money back....

yeah same as in real life hahaha
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 30.05.11 12:49

The CGI for BF3 looks sick as crap lol
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 30.05.11 14:32

superchrisguy wrote:BF3 all day.
    Im a big fan of BFBC2 but I hope in the next one they make a little better attempt on weapon accuracy, such as the difference between when your reloading when the gun is empty and when you have half a mag left. Just stuff like that to me is a big let down to the realism.
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 30.05.11 18:22

I am a huge fan of COD. Blackops let me down big time, and MW2 would have been better had the whole game been more like the first chapter, the first chapter was golden. I also wish that the weapons, specificly reloading, and the amount of hits someone can take was more realistic. The other thing that bothered me about MW2 is that the AC 130's 140 MM rounds can't take down a building.... Give me a break, that whole battlefield would be leveled by am AC 130.
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Post  Blackhawk 5 30.05.11 22:21

engine limitations
    superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Post  superchrisguy 31.05.11 10:06

Blackhawk 5 wrote:engine limitations

The DICE engine is becoming a legend of its own. I believe DICE engine will soon take over and completely replace UNREAL. But, will take some time seeing as a lot of games are still running off on UNREAL and its clones. Then again, the new CRYENGINE is nice too.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 31.05.11 12:47

They redesigned the DICE engine for BF3 and the graphics are going to be amazing.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 31.05.11 17:14

superchrisguy wrote:
    The DICE engine is becoming a legend of its own. I believe DICE engine will soon take over and completely replace UNREAL. But, will take some time seeing as a lot of games are still running off on UNREAL and its clones. Then again, the new CRYENGINE is nice too.

It won't take over and replace the Unreal Engine.. It's made and used by a different company who happens to be in competition with EA. Oh, it's called Frostbite Engine btw, not DICE. DICE is the developer of the Battlefield series, and EA is the developer of the engine.
    superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Post  superchrisguy 31.05.11 23:03

flipa wrote:
    superchrisguy wrote:

It won't take over and replace the Unreal Engine.. It's made and used by a different company who happens to be in competition with EA. Oh, it's called Frostbite Engine btw, not DICE. DICE is the developer of the Battlefield series, and EA is the developer of the engine.

Frostbite actually took over the Medal of Honor title from Unreal. MOH was actually supposed to run on Unreal, but then got "outbid" by DICE. There were rumors that the(a) new COD (from Treyarch not IW) was supposedly going to try to collaborate with DICE to bring the two titles together, but that was just Treyarch being butthurt from bombing on Black Ops. IMO the COD franchise will NEVER adopt another companies engine, even if it is the new revolution.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 01.06.11 2:29

superchrisguy wrote:
    Frostbite actually took over the Medal of Honor title from Unreal. MOH was actually supposed to run on Unreal, but then got "outbid" by DICE. There were rumors that the(a) new COD (from Treyarch not IW) was supposedly going to try to collaborate with DICE to bring the two titles together, but that was just Treyarch being butthurt from bombing on Black Ops. IMO the COD franchise will NEVER adopt another companies engine, even if it is the new revolution.

Actually MoH was part Unreal and part Frostbite. Danger Close which developed the singeplayer used the Unreal engine and EA which developed the multiplayer used the Frostbite engine (that's why it's Battlefield-esk). DICE had nothing to do with the development of MoH whatsoever. Treyarch/IW also will never use the Frostbite engine. Treyarch/IW who is under Activision and DICE who is under EA are the two most mortal rivals in the video game industry. There will be no collaboration between the two of those. Remember the people that left IW because Activision refused to pay them for making MW2 a success? They formed a developing studio called Respawn Entertainment and signed with EA. There's even a lawsuit following the signing by Activision saying that the former IW employees who formed with EA are developing a conspiracy against Activision. EA and Activision HATE each other. There will be no collaboration between the studios under the two companies.

I don't get all "ZOMG FROSTBITE ENGINE OWNS, BATTLEFIELD LOOKS SOOO GOOD". You are just making the Frostbite engine superior among others. NO. The Unreal Engine has been used way before Frostbite was even thought of. Unreal was one of the first video game engines to revolutionize the industry. And Unreal won't stop by how it is now, they are constantly developing the said engine to be better and up to par with competing engines. Just a good list of games that used the Unreal engine, Batman Arkham Asylum, Bioshock series, Gears of War series (which I am never a fan of), Mass Effect series, and The Tom Clancy games. Those aren't bad looking games at all (with the exception of GoW which I never really liked). And of course to name a few more game engines that exist besides the two, the great CryEngine, Anvil (Assassin's Creed, Ubisoft's own baby), Crystal Tools (Square Enix' mother engine), etc. Those also developed good looking games.

Lastly, OF COURSE Treyarch/IW or even CoD as long as it is under Activision will never use any game engine besides the IW engine because that is the engine specifically developed FOR CoD, even back when it was still ripping off MoH.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 06.06.11 12:41

So I saw an E3 preview of it just now...and like Ronel said, its all special effects and aimed at the Hollywood style shooter, not exactly someone who wants real depth and some realism in a game.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 06.06.11 16:01

Twitch wrote:So I saw an E3 preview of it just now...and like Ronel said, its all special effects and aimed at the Hollywood style shooter, not exactly someone who wants real depth and some realism in a game.

I saw it too. It didn't look bad though. For an action Hollywood style game, they did really really well. They even have more explosions in that one level than all of the explosions in Micheal Bay's movie's combined. And one thing I've noticed too, the MW series sure do love centering their attention on special forces. SAS, Force Recon, 75th Ranger, SEALs, and now Delta Forces. I don't think you've never played as a grunt. I think that's what separates it from Battlefield.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 06.06.11 16:07

Halo 4 > MW3 + BF3
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 06.06.11 16:13

just some kid wrote:Halo 4 > MW3 + BF3

You are quite the Halo fanboy aren't you? Bungie's not making it though so we'll have to see. Idk man, MW3 haters can go to oblivion it looks fine.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 06.06.11 16:25

all 3 are good looking games not to leave out mass effect 3.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 06.06.11 16:26

just some kid wrote:all 3 are good looking games not to leave out mass effect 3.

Their demoing Battlefield 3 as I type this. I will do an epic post about what I think after it's over.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 06.06.11 16:37

HOLY... Battlefield 3... Holy...

Ok, I stand corrected, Battlefield 3 has more explosions than MW3 and guess what most of them aren't scripted. The game just loooks INSANE, they even demo'd with a PC to show the full on graphics. That drone view looks accurate that if I showed you just that clip, you might go "oh this is actual footage of a drone cam", that thermal view is spot on. I don't think I've never been amazed at A-10s deploying flares while doing gun runs in low resolution thermal view before. Even the I can't even rant about it, I'm speechless. It seriously almost looked like someone has a camera on their helmet and recorded footage in a real war.

AND THANK GOD YOU CAN GO PRONE AGAIN!!! ONE THING I HATED ABOUT BAD COMPANY 2!! I'M SOLD! Too bad I have to survive basic and wait before I can even play it.

Not to spark some debate but MW3 can go sink down the toilet.
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Post  Blackhawk 5 07.06.11 23:21

flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 08.06.11 0:20

MW3 can't get any more Micheal Bay-esk. Too much scripted actiony vision scenes. That magnifier is a cool new addition though, although it bugged the heck out of me when he kept flipping it off and on. And I will never understand why almost every gun in MW2/MW3 sound like they're supressed.
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Post  Blackhawk 5 11.06.11 11:55

ownage1
    ownage1

Post  ownage1 11.06.11 17:32

i know we all think modern warfare is all hyped up and just explosions, but that is just its single player. i think we have all forgotten how terribly awful battlefield: bad company 2's single player was. i believe bf:bc2 was only meant for multiplayer. it is soo much fun and i like it a lot better than COD:mw2. but COD has a lot more features than battlefield such as custom matches, private matches, more types of gameplay, zombies, killcams(the option is nice), and spec ops. all this being said bf:bc2 maps are 1000X larger and more versatile and has vehicles and a better spawning system and i enjoy it much much more. overall im going to pre-order bf3 and not mw3.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 11.06.11 17:50

ownage1 thanks for recommending that Red Orchestra game, I bought it about 2 weeks ago and have been playing it constantly and love it. Thanks again.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 6:34