A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

please clear/ lock this thread

wolf six

please clear/ lock this thread

Post  wolf six on 03.06.11 0:16

NO LONGER FOR SALE

Last edited by wolf six on 27.07.11 1:15; edited 3 times in total

wolf six

Re: please clear/ lock this thread

Post  wolf six on 17.07.11 0:48

Last edited by wolf six on 27.07.11 1:14; edited 1 time in total

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on 17.07.11 2:49

ALRIGHT, before you go on spouting off things that they don't know about that will hurt this guy's sale, you might want to do a little research instead of just assuming that because you play airsoft and have watched a magpul dynamics video on youtube that you know anything about anything related to armor/ballistics. Ceramic plates, if they are handled and stored properly (i.e, not tossed around or dropped on the ground), don't have a "shelf life." If you do however throw plates around, they'll form microfissures (tiny cracks) that will weaken the plate, therefore providing less protection than a new plate. The soft armor, if it is Kevlar, will have a shelf life. After 5 years it won't provide as much protection, and after 10, it'll be about as good as a thick leather jacket.

xyzpdq0121, plates are not made of Kevlar. They're almost always made of some sort of carbide ceramic. Steel is also sometimes used but it is almost always boron carbide ceramic or silicon carbide ceramic. So saying that "Kevlar plates have a shelf life" makes no sense, because trauma plates are not made of Kevlar!

Also, wolf six, I'm pretty sure what you are selling is an IBA (Interceptor Body Armor) vest. The CBA (Concealable Body Armor) is a stab/9x19mm vest used by MP's and such and is designed to be worn under clothing, does not come in the ACU/UCP pattern, and does not accept plates. Also, it might help the sale if you post pictures of the tag and manufacture date, and pics of the plates as well if they are in good condition.

Please, STOP talking about things you don't know about. Everyone in this thread is just... wrong. Sorry to say it but that's the truth.

Last edited by Admin on 17.07.11 16:21; edited 1 time in total

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Twitch

Post  Twitch on 17.07.11 8:24

Actually he is a marine so I would listen to him. Oh, and you may want to use some punctuation so we can understand you and watch your language. It will help in the long run.

NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC on 17.07.11 10:10

And he's the owner of MAA Evil or Very Mad
    Thread cleaned. Remember 2.) No posting anything in someones "For Sale" thread that may discourage someone from buying.

wolf six

Post  wolf six on 19.07.11 0:13

Admin wrote:

Also, wolf six, I'm pretty sure what you are selling is an IBA (Interceptor Body Armor) vest. The CBA (Concealable Body Armor) is a stab/9x19mm vest used by MP's and such and is designed to be worn under clothing, does not come in the ACU/UCP pattern, and does not accept plates. Also, it might help the sale if you post pictures of the tag and manufacture date, and pics of the plates as well if they are in good condition.

Please, STOP talking about things you don't know about. Everyone in this thread is just... wrong. Sorry to say it but that's the truth.
    1. i will fix it admin
    2. thank you mods Wink
    3. study the plate is composed of a nylon cover, ceramic plate, some kind of thin metal plate, and at least an 3/4 inch of Kevlar backing (i know this by looking at it)

wolf six

Post  wolf six on 20.07.11 0:29

Last edited by wolf six on 27.07.11 1:15; edited 1 time in total

wolf six

Post  wolf six on 24.07.11 23:09

bump still for sale

Andy

Post  Andy on 25.07.11 9:01

Check your PM...