Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

G4-A1 Hard Review

vorter
    vorter

G4-A1 Hard Review Empty G4-A1 Hard Review

Post  vorter 29.06.11 20:19

Just got the gun today, so ill add some more when I get a chance to play with it.

The box it came in is very plain and open on the sides, so a few inches of the tray were sticking out.
    The G4-A1 Hard uses the Blowback Combat Machine as a base, and is upgraded externally by ASGI.
    The gun looks great, the plastic body feels AMAZING though, and I'd probably prefer it over metal.
    The rail is diamond hard aluminum and is of amazing quality.
    The stock can be a bit annoying because of that fact that once I extend the stock, I can't retract it without pinching some wires.

I did have a few problems. The gun had a VERY loose hopup unit, which I fixed by pushing the entire hopup forward to lock into a slit.
    The hopup wheel is very hard to turn, almost requiring using an object to turn it. The mag release is also hard to push and grinds a little, but that can be fixed by
    unscrewing the screw a turn or two.
    The only loose parts I have now are the bolt and the charging handle, which ill look into later.

The main problem I had was that the gun shot 3" lower than where I was aiming at 15' away, but that can be somewhat fixed by adjusting hopup.

The FPS was 430 on the slip. I'll have to get it chronoed sometime.
    The ROF is really good w/a 9.6v. I don't know the exact ROF yet though.

Flip up sights are great, but the back one on mine sometimes doesnt go all the way up, about a centimeter off, but that can be pushed up. Maybe a weak spring or something.

Very accurate and seems to have great range. Ill check on the range at the next game.
    The weight is perfect, feels VERY solid without being super heavy.

G4-A1 Hard Review Cimg0010

Attached Gemtech Outback Mock Suppressor

G4-A1 Hard Review Cimg0011

The target I was shooting at from 15'. About 1"-1.5" below where I was aiming. I was shooting at 2 different times so the shots to the left are from my second shoot.

Last edited by vorter on 29.06.11 21:53; edited 1 time in total

G4-A1 Hard Review Empty Re: G4-A1 Hard Review

Post  Guest 29.06.11 21:32

For the reference of users wondering about the make of this weapon :

This is a G&G Combat Machine with externals exclusive to AirsoftGIs online store.
    vorter
    vorter

Post  vorter 29.06.11 21:53

Aggressor wrote:For the reference of users wondering about the make of this weapon :

This is a G&G Combat Machine with externals exclusive to AirsoftGIs online store.

Yep, almost forgot about that.
    Added it into the review.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 12:30