Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+24
surefire pigeon
ownage1
wolf six
Hollywood
Gunny1.5
Twitch
-a|ex
HavenUnitOctopus
sniper2525
just some kid
Electioneer
Rhino
Ghost
Silent_Option
logical
Blaze
drizzetsrevenge
NJSC
savoy6
Newnan Airsoft Player
Admin
XUnJustEntropyX
cykotik1
poopdaddy
28 posters

MY GUN IS BETTER THAN YOUR GUN CAUSE------------

poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

MY GUN IS BETTER THAN YOUR GUN CAUSE------------ Empty MY GUN IS BETTER THAN YOUR GUN CAUSE------------

Post  poopdaddy 06.07.11 0:06

OK
    THIS IS TO STOP THE THREAD JACKING ON OTHER GUN TOPICS
    GET OUT YOUR OPINIONS WITH OUT CLOGING OTHER THREADS

RULES
    1.THIS IS FUN DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONAL
    2.SMACK TALK IS ENCOURAGED
    3.KEEP IT PG 13
    4.PICTURES ARE WELCOME

I'LL START
    my gun is better than yours because
    its big
    its bad
    its a barrett
    modify gear box,shs/aim high torque gears,aim piston,modify piston head,bravo type o cylinder,bravo cylinder head,m170 spring,
    650 mm 6.03 tbb,mosfet,high torque motor,and 11.1 lipo
    shoots 530 to 540
    its the only airsoft gun endorsed by the CHUCK NORRIS institute of butt whoopin

now you say why it sucks
    i will say your full of it
    someone will say its great
    someone will say its not
    and so on

have fun with it
    cykotik1
    cykotik1

MY GUN IS BETTER THAN YOUR GUN CAUSE------------ Empty Re: MY GUN IS BETTER THAN YOUR GUN CAUSE------------

Post  cykotik1 06.07.11 1:35

Ok....this sounds like it will be fun.

Snipers are for campers....campers are horrible.
    My Combat Machine.....oohh wee.
    Low FPS, but just as accurate as your "gun."

Oh look I see a sniper.
    But wait....he's looking the other way.
    How does 22 rounds to the keister from 30 feet away feel?
    XUnJustEntropyX
    XUnJustEntropyX

MY GUN IS BETTER THAN YOUR GUN CAUSE------------ Empty Re: MY GUN IS BETTER THAN YOUR GUN CAUSE------------

Post  XUnJustEntropyX 06.07.11 2:06

cykotik1 wrote:Ok....this sounds like it will be fun.

Oh look I see a sniper.

Talking about low fps...my 235 fps m4 can pull the same deal with and extra 8+ bps Laughing
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 06.07.11 2:16

poopdaddy wrote:
    its big
    its bad
    its a barrett

Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 06.07.11 2:40

Who even makes that Barrett? Snow Wolf?
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 06.07.11 8:32

TM Thompson...stock...300 fps...running nearly 11 years straight....'nuff said....
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 06.07.11 9:42

Oh look I see a sniper.

keister-keister
    why do you always go for the guys butt thing???
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 06.07.11 9:43

Newnan Airsoft Player wrote:Who even makes that Barrett? Snow Wolf?

yep
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 06.07.11 10:36

poopdaddy wrote:

Oh look I see a sniper.

keister-keister
    why do you always go for the guys butt thing???
    HAHA! Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
    drizzetsrevenge
    drizzetsrevenge

Post  drizzetsrevenge 06.07.11 15:48

and the butt drama begins...
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 06.07.11 17:11

all joking aside
    this is a good place for this

Hi. I know I am new here but I'd like to share some information.

No, KWA's are not the best platform for DMR's!!

Sure they are great guns but as soon as you take stuff out of them you will see that they will slowly degrade. Add to that proprietary parts, you are screwed if something breaks.

First off, the gearbox should be properly modded to handle the springs power. You should radius the cylinder port corners, add 70d sorbo and a rubber pad on top to adjust AoE, use a plastic piston and head, and make sure your compression is good. After that is all set, you can begin with the hop mods. (I prefer to start with the hop mods, then the FPS stuff, it is cheaper and will give you better accuracy).

Choose a good bucking, preferably a harder one, and use a good nub. Generally I avoid hard nubs such as a plastic SCS, and prefer X nubs from Madbull fishbone bucking sets (don't use the buckings).

But to answer your question, a base gun can be anything as long as the externals suit you. I would stay away from KWA's as the price would limit your choice of parts. I suggest a JG, G&P or VFC.

I have a KWA DMR over 600 fps stock gear box, stock bearing, stock piston head, cylinder head, and stock air nozzle, Madbull blue hop up bucking. THEY DONT NEED SHIMS! they are perfect as is! They are shimLESS gears! well over 350 foot range and no issues! A video can be seen on the forum of it.

I wouldn't say 625 FPS is extremely high but okay, and the Madbull blue has been known to be crap, only redeeming quality being the two X nubs they come with. I have done a VSR build that I reached 720 FPS with .20g's. I clamped the barrel down using eight screws and self expanding foam (no wobble, movement, ect whatsoever), extended flat nub made of sorbo with an extended barrel window, PDI 6.05mm polished barrel, and perfect seal using washed .40g BB's. With a range finder, I could hit a human sized tree at best 7/10 times at 290 feet.

Accuracy means to me that a gun can hit a target at least 7/10 times, to say that it is accurate to a certain distance. It doesn't mean jack that a gun can reach 350 feet without being able to consistently hit anything. By 350 feet accurate I at least expected him to be able to hit something consistently, not just lobbing BB's down a range. Sure, I could hit things at 400 feet if the area was flat, wind was still. But I could never get the gun to hit a human sized target at 400 feet more than 3 times out of 10 shots.

I just think differently when you mention the term "accurate." If a hit at 350 feet once out of numerous tries means accuracy to you guys, fine with me; to me that just means luck.
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze 06.07.11 17:46

Hahahaha

Post  Guest 06.07.11 18:06

My gun is better than your cause:

WE Gen2 Open Bolt Gas Blowback PDW

-loudest gun on the field
    -semi auto for the most part
    -30rnd magazines
    -360fps
    -dead accurate on the iron sights
    -still pull my weight on the field

Not the MOST firepower, but definitely a decent application of firepower.
    logical

Post  logical 06.07.11 18:28

poopdaddy wrote:all joking aside
    this is a good place for this

Hi. I know I am new here but I'd like to share some information.

No, KWA's are not the best platform for DMR's!!

Sure they are great guns but as soon as you take stuff out of them you will see that they will slowly degrade. Add to that proprietary parts, you are screwed if something breaks.

First off, the gearbox should be properly modded to handle the springs power. You should radius the cylinder port corners, add 70d sorbo and a rubber pad on top to adjust AoE, use a plastic piston and head, and make sure your compression is good. After that is all set, you can begin with the hop mods. (I prefer to start with the hop mods, then the FPS stuff, it is cheaper and will give you better accuracy).

Choose a good bucking, preferably a harder one, and use a good nub. Generally I avoid hard nubs such as a plastic SCS, and prefer X nubs from Madbull fishbone bucking sets (don't use the buckings).

But to answer your question, a base gun can be anything as long as the externals suit you. I would stay away from KWA's as the price would limit your choice of parts. I suggest a JG, G&P or VFC.

I have a KWA DMR over 600 fps stock gear box, stock bearing, stock piston head, cylinder head, and stock air nozzle, Madbull blue hop up bucking. THEY DONT NEED SHIMS! they are perfect as is! They are shimLESS gears! well over 350 foot range and no issues! A video can be seen on the forum of it.

I wouldn't say 625 FPS is extremely high but okay, and the Madbull blue has been known to be crap, only redeeming quality being the two X nubs they come with. I have done a VSR build that I reached 720 FPS with .20g's. I clamped the barrel down using eight screws and self expanding foam (no wobble, movement, ect whatsoever), extended flat nub made of sorbo with an extended barrel window, PDI 6.05mm polished barrel, and perfect seal using washed .40g BB's. With a range finder, I could hit a human sized tree at best 7/10 times at 290 feet.

Accuracy means to me that a gun can hit a target at least 7/10 times, to say that it is accurate to a certain distance. It doesn't mean jack that a gun can reach 350 feet without being able to consistently hit anything. By 350 feet accurate I at least expected him to be able to hit something consistently, not just lobbing BB's down a range. Sure, I could hit things at 400 feet if the area was flat, wind was still. But I could never get the gun to hit a human sized target at 400 feet more than 3 times out of 10 shots.

I just think differently when you mention the term "accurate." If a hit at 350 feet once out of numerous tries means accuracy to you guys, fine with me; to me that just means luck.
    Explain to me how my opinion on using KWA's as a DMR platform has anything to do with "mine gun is better, yours sucks."

But fine, I'll say something about my gun, even though this thread is an open place for immaturity.

My Daytona Gun AK74. Stampted steel LCT externals, modified real steel AK74 laminated wood, stainless steel nickel plated internals, lifetime warranty, AEG compatible magazines and the best part, the BLOWBACK!

Kicks more than a .22 rifle and any other gas blow back rifle powered by propane/green gas. No stupid cool down effect, no 30 rd low cap magazines. Fully adjustable from 400 FPS, 18 BPS to 600+ FPS. Only downside is the hose, but after lining it correctly through my rig I doesn't matter at all.

MY GUN IS BETTER THAN YOUR GUN CAUSE------------ Th_MVI_0060<-click to watch
    MY GUN IS BETTER THAN YOUR GUN CAUSE------------ IMG_0045

Since trash talk is encouraged, here's what I'll say about poopdaddy's Barret:
    First off it is a Snow Wolf, which is in its entirety a JG. The entire construction of those Barret's are made of ACM pot metal.
    Second it uses a standard version 2 gearbox, instead of opting for a stronger V3 or V7.
    The funniest thing about it is that it's an AEG, producing no kick or replicated recoil whatsoever (even if it's just a .22 like my gun, it's better than nothing) even though Real Steel Barret's are known to have some serious kick. Not to mention that your gun will also sound like a sewing machine inside of a Barret shell.
    The last con I can think of for the SW02 is the magazine. 500 round hi capacity magazine is your only choice as it is the only readily available mag. So, in reality, you are running around with a hunk of Chinese metal covering a sewing machine with rattly 500 round hi caps, and let's not forget to mention that the hunk of metal is huge, making practical uses of it on the field almost impossible.

Last edited by logical on 06.07.11 18:45; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest 06.07.11 18:39

If you don't like this forum than just don't post here. There are so many other forums to get upset on.

On the other hand; awesome gun.
    logical

Post  logical 06.07.11 18:49

There is nothing wrong with this forum I just don't understand why poopdaddy believes that my post against using a KWA has anything to do with me having a better gun than everyone else. If my opinion can't be heard on here without me being insulted by someone (I am NOT pointing anyone out, just saying in the future) who is too immature and ignorant to let me say something against a hyped up company, then perhaps I really should leave.

Everything I have said about my rifles was either used for a technical comparison or to answer a question, neither of which I was trying to say "mine's better."
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 06.07.11 19:10

Hey! Logical! I have a KWA M4.

Post  Guest 06.07.11 19:21

Let's clear it up then. The way you put things is subtly degrading, whether you realize it or not. When someone posts that a KWA is a good base for a DMR, instead of respectfully disagreeing, you blast the company the gun and the idea of using one as a base, which insinuates the stupidity of the poster recommending the company, and anyone else who uses it, and that his knowledge of airsoft is lower than your own. This community has a few guys who love KWA, and use them for their main weapons, and some of them are very noted gun techs who have made airsoft guns go beyond anything else I've seen, read, or heard about. Yet, even after they defend the company, you still call it a "hyped up company" . This again insinuates that those using it are either stupid or just fanboys who won't get their heads out of their butts, and that their knowledge of airsoft (which I might add is considerable) is surely lower than your own. In this thread, you have taken the inch of measure in the fun spirit of trash talking, and gone a mile with it. First, you claim that it is open for immaturity, so here you have called poopdaddy immature, as well as anyone else who has posted here immature. Then, you just "pooped" all over his gun, ignoring all others. It wasn't a funny post, or a disagreeing post, it was an anger filled rant on why poopdaddy's gun is utter crap, which insinuates his taste and knowledge in airsoft is, once again, lower than your own. The only immature post in this thread of "immaturity" thus far has been yours. The reason poopdaddy posted that whole thing was because it truly was a case of my stuff is better than your stuff on BOTH sides. You Electioneer and Rhino arguing about why the KWA is no good and other guns are better, and vice versa, and whose gun does what. It fits.

When I first came to this forum I was unpopular myself. I said some things that were degrading to others, in sarcastic tones or more direct tones, and lord knows I have said some really stupid and nasty things to people recently here. Heck, I've even carried on conversations with people just writing stuff I know will make them mad even if I don't think it, just to make them mad. I don't really know how people think of me at this point, I've said some pretty dumb things, but I can say I've never put myself out to be superior to anyone. Nothing puts people off more than someone who comes off as being better than everyone else, in terms of the weapons they own, the way they play, and the opinions they hold. Thats the case here, whether you recognize it or not. Its not the end of the world. I was asked to leave this forum when I first started posting here, and hey look, I am a moderator now.

Also, inb4 : too much drama!

I personally don't mind drama in the forums too much, thats just life, call it off topic if you want, it was still brought up in the thread and I addressed it in my opinion.
    logical

Post  logical 06.07.11 19:32

HOLD ON!
    poopdaddy wrote:
    1.THIS IS FUN DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONAL
    2.SMACK TALK IS ENCOURAGED

now you say why it sucks
    i will say your full of it
    someone will say its great
    someone will say its not
    and so on
    Was this thread not meant to trash talk other peoples guns? If it wasn't then I am sincerely sorry to poopdaddy, and I will remove that part of the post if I misunderstood the rules.

With that said I reread all my posts and a bunch of other guys agree that I wasn't trying to purposely degrade other peoples gun or company of choice. I do, however, understand how it is implied so with that I apologize if my first appearance to you guys was me being a &lt;CENSORED&gt;. I always go by the fact that one is entitled to their opinion.

Also with my "rant" on poopdaddy's gun rule 1. came in, I did not mean for anyone to take it personally. I just thought this thread was about showing how my gun is better than his and finding his flaws. confused
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 06.07.11 21:18

its all fun
    i think all of us got off topic on the dmr post
    i set this up so we can voice our oppinions in a fun way
    as for my barrett
    i like the look of it
    its the same as my spr was,no better just much heavier
    i was about to buy the socom gear one,but why spend a grand and chop it up
    i field my guns
    the gear box in it cost more than the gun did
    i also cut six inches off the barrel
    anyone who has played a game with me knows i do ut for fun
    i have two ics m4s that i used on day 2 at sc/ga
    just under 400 fps and 28 & 33 rps
    if you think 60 rps is fast from one gun
    stand in front of two lines of bbs
    thats fun
    i made some poor guy call out just from shooting them at him
    airsoft to me is a live video game
    stress relief
    and i think some people form opinions about guns and take it personal if you dont like them
    this is a hobby
    not a way of life
    just have fun
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 06.07.11 21:37

logical
    try this next time

[quote="logical"]
    poopdaddy wrote:all joking aside

Since trash talk is encouraged, here's what I'll say about poopdaddy's Barret:
    First off it is a Snow Wolf(WHY DON'TTHEY CALL IT COLD DOG), which is in its entirety a JG(SHORT FOR JUNK GUN). The entire construction of those Barret's are made of(OLD KLONDIKE BAR WRAPPERS--WAIT SNOW WOLF -KLONDIKE BAR ,I GET IT) ACM pot metal.
    Second it uses a standard version 2 gearbox, instead of opting for a stronger V3 or V7.
    The funniest thing about it is that it's an AEG, producing no kick or replicated recoil whatsoever (even if it's just a .22 like my gun, it's better than nothing) even though Real Steel Barret's are known to have some serious kick. Not to mention that your gun will also sound like a sewing machine(I LIKE THE SEWING MACHINE ONE) inside of a Barret shell.
    The last con I can think of for the SW02 is the magazine. 500 round hi capacity magazine(HOW HARD IS IT FOR YOU TO HIT SOMTHING) is your only choice as it is the only readily available mag. So, in reality, you are running around with a hunk of Chinese metal covering a sewing machine with rattly 500 round hi caps, and let's not forget to mention that the hunk of metal is huge, making practical uses of it on the field almost impossible( AND THAT ONE IS YOU JUST DON'T KNOW ME YET.I USED IT THRU OP BLACK HAWK,AND IT GOT REAL HEAVY). BUT IT WAS THE OTHER PLAYERS LOOKING AT IT IN FEAR THAT MADE IT FUN
    TRUTH IS MY DAUGHTERS PINK G&G IS ONLY ABOUT 40 FPS OFF OF IT AND ONE THIRD THE WEIGHT

heck man
    you would probably like me
    this thread was not a shot at you
    just a fun way of saying what you like and don't
    and insulting your buddies at the same time

thanks
    POOP
    p.s.
    bring that ak to acz sometime it looks cool
    i kinda want to get a polarstar fusion engine for the barrett
    and do a custom air tank in the stock
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 06.07.11 21:47

My gun... full stock gr15 raider turbo motor.
    My guns than poopdaddy's because I didn't spend more on the GB than the gun, and I still shot you at Blackhawk.
    Paul my gun is better than your's because it's not as small as a noisy cricket, and the general consensus from everyone on the forum is still that you are dumb and need to leave.
    Logical my gun is better than yours because I don't have a drinking straw sticking out of the bottom.
    XUnJustEntropyX
    XUnJustEntropyX

Post  XUnJustEntropyX 06.07.11 21:49

poopdaddy wrote:airsoft to me is a live video game
    stress relief
    and i think some people form opinions about guns and take it personal if you dont like them
    this is a hobby
    not a way of life
    just have fun

Well said!
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 06.07.11 21:58

NJSC wrote:My gun... full stock gr15 raider turbo motor.
    My guns than poopdaddy's because I didn't spend more on the GB than the gun, and I still shot you at Blackhawk
    (i thought i felt a wimpy bug hit me-musta been you gun)
    Paul my gun is better than your's because it's not as small as a noisy cricket,[ and the general consensus from everyone on the forum is still that you are dumb and need to leave.]agreed -paul GET OUT
    Logical my gun is better than yours because I don't have a drinking straw sticking out of the bottom.
    its a catheter
    its runs on pee
    it shoot like a wiz lol!

thats what i had in mind
    but give us all your gun specs

so we can trash you good
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 06.07.11 22:14

haha!
    Stock internals, but the motor. 20 rps on 11.1. 370 fps.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 14:09