Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+25
#CW!!ZERO
airsoftsniper25
navyseal1000
Newnan Airsoft Player
Bulldog94
Blaze
Airsoftguy238
Spectre
Markerscope1 [SOTHG]
Electioneer
firby911
NJSC
Dirkastan
ATLAS
Admin
reconsniperga
scooter
Hans
{ACE}Steve-o
Q-bald
UBCS Gibbs
Lone Wolf
WPeake23 [SOTHG]
J-dog
29 posters

Movie Reviews....

Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Movie Reviews.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Movie Reviews....

Post  Airsoftguy238 29.06.09 11:21

I recently saw the Hangover and The Taking of Pelham 123. I thought the hangover was hilarious, I don't think I've seen a movie that funny. The taking of Pelham 123 was really good. It was action packed and had some very good actors. I think John Travolta did great and hasn't lost it even with age. Denzel Washington was great. Overall to really good movies, some might not like the hangover I guess for the crudeness of it but I thought it was really funny and had a storyline and it made sense. Pelham 123 I thought was a tad confusing at first but I would recomend it to anyone.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 29.06.09 11:26

+1 for the hangover. It really was very funny. Viewer discretion is advised though. Very Happy It's not for you youngins
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 01.07.09 12:57

I got conned into seeing the Proposal with my girlfriend. I am a fan of Ryan Reynolds, I think he is funny, but it is rare that I can actually stomach a chick flick because they all have the same sappy, cheesy storyline that never actually happens in such a way. If you get dragged in to see it, you might get a little bored at times, though it does have a few humorous moments. The acting was good, but it followed the same cookie cutter story that every chick flick in the history of moviedom follows. The lines are predictable, and the dialogue becomes a bit tedious after a while. Overall, it was well produced, but fails to do much more than fizzle due to the predictable nature of the movie.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 01.07.09 23:10

Just saw Public Enemies.

I was slightly underwhelmed with the movie. There was not enough historical background in the beginning to explain how Dillinger became established and what sparked his bank-robbing rampage. The movie was well produced, however, I found the dialogue and character interactions to be lacking on multiple occasions. There were also plot nuances that most people would not pick up on unless you are a literature major. Johnny Depp was excellent as per usual. Christian Bale played his usual depthless character. And the rest of the movie was rather lackluster.

Overall, I would give it a 5 of 10. Worth seeing, but not until it comes out on TV. I would not recommend paying the 8 to 12 dollars that it will cost you. Save your money for field fee and bbs.
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]

Post  WPeake23 [SOTHG] 06.07.09 15:07

I watched Superbad last night. It's probably the funniest movie I have ever seen. Alot of the jokes were "untasteful" but funny as heck. I watched Tropic Thunder right afterwards, and didn't even crack a smile from just seeing Superbad.
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 06.07.09 22:21

Just got back from year one. It was a decent movie dry and stupid humor. Dry humor coming from Michael Cera which I thought was hilarious but Jack Black had the stupid humor. Its a rental not something to spend 13 bucks on.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 06.07.09 22:45

Airsoftguy238 wrote:Just got back from year one. It was a decent movie dry and stupid humor. Dry humor coming from Michael Cera which I thought was hilarious but Jack Black had the stupid humor. Its a rental not something to spend 13 bucks on.

I would not even recommend renting it. I would say wait till it comes out on TV, or find some other means of viewing it. It is not worth spending money on.
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 07.07.09 0:36

Olivia wilde is in so it is a rental not wait 2 years for it to be on tv
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 07.07.09 9:49

Airsoftguy238 wrote:Olivia wilde is in so it is a rental not wait 2 years for it to be on tv

You have much to learn young padawan. Do not spend money on girls unless you know you are going to get something from it.

JK. Be chivalrous at all times. Very Happy I would never condone anything less Wink
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze 07.07.09 13:33

I have seen yes man plenty of times it is pretty funny. So is mall cop yo.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 07.07.09 13:39

UBCS Gibbs wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:Quantum of Solace - Led straight off of Royale but seriously James Bond is not Jason Bourne. And by that I mean how it leads off from the last movie like real life. I want to see James Bond blow up some evil specter mastermind freak lab with friggin laser beams on friggin sharks!!!

Um... no. Thats why the Pierce Bonds where so horrible. CR and QoS are the best 2 bonds so far that I have seen. (And yes, I have seen all of them)

Watchmen was a friggen EPIC movie. Even if you have not read the comic, you will love this film. There is quite a bit of full frontal male nudity (Little waiting for those that get it) but its not all that bad since it is CGI. Movie is very long, almost 3 hours!!! But it is worth it. The combat and gunfire in quite real and intense. You will get into the movie really quickly and be very sad when it is over.

What are you talking about Pierce was great I loved Tomorrow Never Dies...
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 07.07.09 22:40

If you want accuracy, then Daniel Craig is the most like James Bond from the books. But no one will ever touch the original Sean Connery. Now, back to movie reviews. Everyone should see Star Trek. If you are super nerdy like me, you should watch the old series as well.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 08.07.09 11:46

Spectre wrote:If you want accuracy, then Daniel Craig is the most like James Bond from the books. But no one will ever touch the original Sean Connery. Now, back to movie reviews. Everyone should see Star Trek. If you are super nerdy like me, you should watch the old series as well.

yeah i think Sean Connery played James Bond best... anyway Star Trek, i thought it was better than Wolverine...
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 08.07.09 12:12

I just saw wolverine yesterday and I must say it is pretty much on average as far as the other xmen movies are.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 08.07.09 12:21

Lone Wolf wrote:I just saw wolverine yesterday and I must say it is pretty much on average as far as the other xmen movies are.

well it was directed by the same director so....
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 08.07.09 17:25

Wolverine did not do justice to any of the characters in the movie. If you don't read comic books (I do), then you likely do not know very much, if anything, about characters like Deadpool or Gambit (my two favorite characters). It was a mediocre movie at best with a forced plotline and strained dialogue. It could have been much better.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 08.07.09 17:42

Yeah I didn't like how it portrays these characters. I guess this falls into the "wasn't as good as the (comic) book"
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 08.07.09 17:49

NJSC wrote:Yeah I didn't like how it portrays these characters. I guess this falls into the "wasn't as good as the (comic) book"

Most definitely
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 08.07.09 20:21

Spectre wrote:Wolverine did not do justice to any of the characters in the movie. If you don't read comic books (I do), then you likely do not know very much, if anything, about characters like Deadpool or Gambit (my two favorite characters). It was a mediocre movie at best with a forced plotline and strained dialogue. It could have been much better.

yeah i have read some of the comic book series to X-man but still I thought it was pretty good.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 08.07.09 23:47

You may have read a few comic books but I have been reading then for years. And you must also keep in mind that what I say is simply my opinion and should in no way color your view of something. I certainly do not fault you for liking it, I just did not feel that it did true justice to my favorite characters.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 09.07.09 1:02

I Saw public enemys yesterday and that is a must see!! very very realistic What a Face What a Face What a Face
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 09.07.09 9:24

Newnan Airsoft Player wrote:I Saw public enemys yesterday and that is a must see!! very very realistic What a Face What a Face What a Face

I would have to disagree. The plot was found lacking in many areas. It jumped around from one scene to the next and did not give the viewer enough information to accurately determine what was going on. The dialogue was often predictable and unoriginal. The action sequences were decent but could not make up for the lack of a solid storyline and decent dialogue. Take that as you will, I thought it was poorly written and directed, however, others might like it so certainly don't let what I say stop you from seeing it Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 21.07.09 16:01

Saw some recently.
    Up in REAL-D: I was watching my younger brother and his friend for the day while the parents were out. We went to go see this, and I was expecting to sleep through a crappy 3-d kid's move. Man, was I wrong. First of all, the movie was amazing. I was completely captivated. Second of all, 3D movie technology has come a long way since I saw it last. No longer do you have the red and blue lines, and instead of having things jump out at you, which I personally find distracting, it's mor elike looking through a window. You still have to wear the glasses, but even if you take them off you can see the movie just fine, althoguh it's a little blurry in some spots without the glasses.

Public Enemies: It's alright. Like MagisterMortis said, a decent way to blow an afternoon. But the one thing that ruined it for me was at the end, when someone got shot and they showed a massive entrance wound in the back of someone's head and a neat, tiny exit wound in his face. Come on, if you get hit in the back of the head with a 1911 at close range, your face is GONE. But other than that, it wasn't bad.

Year One: This was a pretty crappy move. The plot was nonexistant. It was littlerally just two guys walking around doing stuff. The only jokes they had were sex jokes, and they weren't even funny. I mean, making someone laugh with clean humor takes skill. Making someone laugh with crude humor is pretty hard to mess up, but the writers for this movie had no trouble doing just that. And the "jokes" just kept getting more and more outrageous until 10 minutes in it became clear that the writers only had the mental capacity for shock humor. I left about 45 minutes in and went to get ice cream.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 21.07.09 17:38

Just got through watching The Watchmen. This was a weird flick and made no sense to me at all.Then again I never read the comic.
    Special FX Were good but the story was strange to say the least. It was hard to tell who was good and who was bad. Definitely not your
    Typical Super hero movie. A hard core Comic buff may enjoy this flick,but I did not.
    Hans
    Hans

Post  Hans 21.07.09 19:06

Q-bald wrote:Just got through watching The Watchmen. This was a weird flick and made no sense to me at all.Then again I never read the comic.
    Special FX Were good but the story was strange to say the least. It was hard to tell who was good and who was bad. Definitely not your
    Typical Super hero movie. A hard core Comic buff may enjoy this flick,but I did not.

The watchmen is definitely a weird movie for those that haven't read the graphic novel. But it's pretty spot on with the book to say the least.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29.03.24 3:59