Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+6
Zombie
MSG Ridgeway
Miracle
flipa
Blackhawk 5
Eon_Blue
10 posters

Music! What are you guys into?

Eon_Blue
    Eon_Blue

Music! What are you guys into? Empty Music! What are you guys into?

Post  Eon_Blue 27.10.11 17:48

What kind of music are you guys into!?

Thrash metal is my musical preference. The greats from the 80's(even though I wasn't born in the 80's...sadly.) A few newer bands can definitely pull of the thrash image and sound, which I appreciate a ton!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5wqtSFuGLc&ob=av3e

Warbringer..excellent band! They were actually here not long ago, put on a fantastic show!

I also love Blues, Stevie Ray Vaughan is definitely up there on the "favorites" list for me!

We got anymore musical appreciation in the forums?!
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Music! What are you guys into? Empty Re: Music! What are you guys into?

Post  Blackhawk 5 27.10.11 20:18

Pretty much open to all kinds of music, but I have a slight disliking of country (with a few exceptions) and dubstep or whatever that noise is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJNBfBr-OGU

Last edited by Blackhawk 5 on 28.10.11 9:58; edited 1 time in total
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 27.10.11 22:01

Paul will hate me for this again, but I have been listening to dubstep lately.

I like the usual, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Paul Gilbert, then the usual Dream Theater, Symphony X, Periphery, etc.
    Miracle
    Miracle

Post  Miracle 28.10.11 8:20

So I like songs more then bands. But Linkin Park will always be my number one (:
    but I totally like offspring, Paramore, and a lot of rock bands. Oh and I can't forget owl city (;

Post  Guest 28.10.11 9:09

Music! What are you guys into? Bt10

Music! What are you guys into? 9720_m10

Music! What are you guys into? Iron_m10
    MSG Ridgeway
    MSG Ridgeway

Post  MSG Ridgeway 28.10.11 12:40

being a redneck i love country music, im also an avid rocker: i love kidrock GWAR slipknot 1000footcrutch jet brad paisley brooks and dunn jason aldean STONE TEMPLE PILOTS(one of my all time favorites) alice in chains journey adelitas way easton corbin.......i could keep this list going, i also have a hatred for rap music. it makes me gag
    Eon_Blue
    Eon_Blue

Post  Eon_Blue 28.10.11 19:45

Starting from the top:

Being open to music, is how music should be looked at, completely respectable!

Hendrix, Stevie, Paul Gilbert, Symphony X(one of my favorites for progressive metal, next to TOOL.), are all fantastic by my tastes! Not a huge fan of Dream Theater, but have great respect for their musicians, Portnoy(when he was with them) is one hell of a drummer..and Petrucci, I hate him..but he's a great guitarist!

I was personally a huge fan of Linkin Park's first album, as well as Reanimation. Afterward I felt they got too generic with their music and everything started sounding the same :/ With that being said, The Offspring have stuck with their roots, and still have that same sound that they had when they released their first album, which is pretty cool of them to do, being that most bands change their styles a ton over the course of a career

Bolt Thrower, Motorhead and Maiden..what else needs to be said? AWESOME. Across the board, nothing wrong with those choices! Haha

GWAR is coming to town soon, with Warbeast(newer thrash/death metal band. Good stuff), I'll be at that show I think! STP, one of my favorites from the 90's, always refreshing listening to them, been a fan since I was young, Alice In Chains..RIP Layne Staley Sad Alice In Chains is another one of my favorites, the "best" of the Grunge in my personal opinion!

Keep the list going with good stuff guys! If I didn't say anything about your personal choices, it's probably because I haven't listened to them, or I didn't have anything good to say about them..so instead of bashing other peoples opinion(as many do to me, for my metal) I just won't say anything bad, in as respectful a manner as I can! Smile

flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 29.10.11 0:36

Eon_Blue wrote:
    Hendrix, Stevie, Paul Gilbert, Symphony X(one of my favorites for progressive metal, next to TOOL.), are all fantastic by my tastes! Not a huge fan of Dream Theater, but have great respect for their musicians, Portnoy(when he was with them) is one hell of a drummer..and Petrucci, I hate him..but he's a great guitarist!

I hate Petrucci too. I don't like his style and his town, his solos are just oversped legatos and arpeggios on steroids. Dream Theater was my start up band when my guitar playing started picking up so can't go wrong with that, I have all of their albums from When Dream and Day Unite up until A Dramatic Turn of Events. Can't go wrong with some blues either.
    Miracle
    Miracle

Post  Miracle 29.10.11 10:51

MSG Ridgeway wrote:being a redneck i love country music, im also an avid rocker: i love kidrock GWAR slipknot 1000footcrutch jet brad paisley brooks and dunn jason aldean STONE TEMPLE PILOTS(one of my all time favorites) alice in chains journey adelitas way easton corbin.......i could keep this list going, i also have a hatred for rap music. it makes me gag

Alice in Chains= ew.

Post  Guest 29.10.11 12:29

Miracle, I could easily rag on all the bands you posted, but I won't, because music is personal preference, regardless of what you consider to be "good" or "bad" music. Please refrain from bashing other people's preferences in this thread. Unless its dubstep.
    Eon_Blue
    Eon_Blue

Post  Eon_Blue 29.10.11 12:58

Aggressor wrote:Miracle, I could easily rag on all the bands you posted, but I won't, because music is personal preference, regardless of what you consider to be "good" or "bad" music. Please refrain from bashing other people's preferences in this thread. Unless its dubstep.

This is very well said...I could have easily ragged on anything and everything anyone posted if I wanted to..but I don't want to piss anyone off Very Happy
    Miracle
    Miracle

Post  Miracle 30.10.11 13:13

Aggressor wrote:Miracle, I could easily rag on all the bands you posted, but I won't, because music is personal preference, regardless of what you consider to be "good" or "bad" music. Please refrain from bashing other people's preferences in this thread. Unless its dubstep.

Dubstep's CD's are in my car. Cool
    Miracle
    Miracle

Post  Miracle 30.10.11 13:14

Eon_Blue wrote:

This is very well said...I could have easily ragged on anything and everything anyone posted if I wanted to..but I don't want to piss anyone off Very Happy

I was giving everyone full rein to totally rag on the Owl City one. But no one said a thing. xD
    Eon_Blue
    Eon_Blue

Post  Eon_Blue 30.10.11 17:45

Just wanted to keep it respectful Wink Usually I'm not like that at all, to each his own..and trying to change someone's mind on their personal preference of music..doesn't happen often Smile
    Zombie
    Zombie

Post  Zombie 30.10.11 18:43

I will listen just just about anything except hip-hop but I love and live for all kinds of rock/metal. I go to tons of live rock/metal concerts

Bands Ive seen:
    Trivium,
    HellYeah,
    Atreyu, (2)
    Korn (2)
    Rob Zombie (4)
    Bullet For My Valentine
    Evantescence
    Flyleaf
    Droid
    Neurosonic
    Godsmack (2)
    Shinedown
    Slayer
    Marlyn Manson
    Lamb of god (3)
    Masterdon
    Metallica
    Gojira
    In this moment
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Moble Death Camp
    Nopma Jean
    Shadows Fall
    Winds of Plague
    Chimaipa
    Hatebreed
    Disturbed
    Megadeth
    stright line stitch

Me crowd surfing at last years Mayhem fest. Very Happy
    Music! What are you guys into? 26280410
    Eon_Blue
    Eon_Blue

Post  Eon_Blue 30.10.11 20:50

Megadeth and Rob Zombie the only bands in all of that, that I won't, and can't rag on..haha, I love Megadeth, Rob Zombie is a good entertainer..but the rest, out of that whole list, I'm not a fan of :/ not my kind of stuff, but to each his own!

Crowd surfing is awesome btw. Haha

Post  Guest 30.10.11 22:10

Eon_Blue wrote:Megadeth and Rob Zombie the only bands in all of that, that I won't, and can't rag on..haha, I love Megadeth, Rob Zombie is a good entertainer..but the rest, out of that whole list, I'm not a fan of :/ not my kind of stuff, but to each his own!

You would rag on Slayer? But....it's Slayer...even God listens to Slayer...
    Eon_Blue
    Eon_Blue

Post  Eon_Blue 31.10.11 20:54

Aggressor wrote:
    Eon_Blue wrote:Megadeth and Rob Zombie the only bands in all of that, that I won't, and can't rag on..haha, I love Megadeth, Rob Zombie is a good entertainer..but the rest, out of that whole list, I'm not a fan of :/ not my kind of stuff, but to each his own!

You would rag on Slayer? But....it's Slayer...even God listens to Slayer...

I can't stand Slayer in all honesty, if you like them, awesome. But I hate Kerry King's guitar playing, Jeff Hanneman isn't much better(in my opinion). The riffing all sounds the same. Tom's vocals just aren't what I'm into. However, I do appreciate what they've done for metal, and respect the legacy they will leave within Thrash Metal for the rest of History.
    TrunkMonkey
    TrunkMonkey

Post  TrunkMonkey 31.10.11 22:12

I like classic rock, some country, rock(none of that yelling shit tho), any 'chill' music.... DMB, slightly, widespread, etc..

Post  Guest 31.10.11 22:34

Chill music...also a pet peeve of mine lol Razz My brother is big into that scene, turned me off of it. Won't lie though, Radio Head is really awesome. Idk if that qualifies as a chillband although I do group it in there with that category...
    TrunkMonkey
    TrunkMonkey

Post  TrunkMonkey 31.10.11 23:03

Not stoner chill, i dont really like that stuff. So I guess I shouldn't have said slightly. But like John butler trio, black keys, OAR, my morning jacket.
    Eon_Blue
    Eon_Blue

Post  Eon_Blue 01.11.11 16:20

If you ever go to an OAR concert, all you will see there are stoners...sadly. :/ Sucks when one artist attracts a whole group of people and those fans give him a reputation..kind of like..Bob Marley..who all likes Bob? Stoners..quite a shame I think. I don't know many stoners into the metal I'm into..which is cool, can't be baked and keep up with it Very Happy Haha
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 01.11.11 17:43

I'm super into Duran Duran and The Trumps right now.
    TrunkMonkey
    TrunkMonkey

Post  TrunkMonkey 01.11.11 20:01

Well then I guess I should have said, songs and bands that base a large portion of there music on marijuana.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 01.11.11 20:22

I actually really like that music.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 21:44