Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+46
kinitsu
Bishop908
LORD TYRANT
killerwings
-a|ex
[STS]Boomr
bulloch proof
Ice
Twitch
Hippie
timm57
Rock5
zmonster
AlphaRomeo
SC Moose
jsts ghost
JDGcamo
Jaguar12airsoft
stuckmojo
GUNNER
Rhino
Blaze
xyzpdq0121
JohnnyMustang
s92harrell
Thrush
wolf six
Garrett
2old2moto
fallout11
savoy6
Ghost
marpat96
SteevoLS
Andy
flipa
Blackhawk 5
Retherford
HavenUnitOctopus
wstmann
poopdaddy
MSG Ridgeway
Miracle
just some kid
Asia7th
Takfire
50 posters

OP: SOCO (GA vs. South Carolina) - 03/10/12

marpat96

OP: SOCO (GA vs. South Carolina) - 03/10/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: OP: SOCO (GA vs. South Carolina) - 03/10/12

Post  marpat96 10.01.12 19:34

Ridgeway my brother had that RPK last time, I hope you remember him, and that South Carolina may bring more than 40 I believe. O_O I will be running with South Carolina, as I see this as a game similar to OP: Frostbite. On Sunday of that game, the Americans were outnumbered, but almost pulled off the upset. Although I doubt the game could be postponed, for someone that stated that earlier, but if it is 200 GA against 40-50 SC, then so be it. No reason at all for this not to be a good game. GA traveled to Newberry last year, and no excuse for SC to not travel well this year. If you live above Columbia, SC, then this game is only about 2 hours or more from you, possibly a little more depending on where you live. South Carolina players need to show for this game, but the 40-50 who will show, I know they will put up a fight. I was at an AOSC game in Columbia last Saturday, and they were aggressive and quick with attack, the South Carolina players. Regardless of how many SC people come, it will be a great game, as every game at Battlezone is. This is all I have left to say: GA gave South Carolina a good game, and now SC owes it to Georgia for a good game.
    Takfire
    Takfire

OP: SOCO (GA vs. South Carolina) - 03/10/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: OP: SOCO (GA vs. South Carolina) - 03/10/12

Post  Takfire 10.01.12 22:33

Thanks guys for all of the comments!
    The concerns with the potential low participation from the SC community is understood and is a concern point for the quality of gaming for the scenario as scripted.

Regardless, I would like to ensure the airsoft community that AIRDOG will not produce an event that is set up for failure and will not be held hostage by lack of target player participation.
    We will continue to monitor the various threads and take the necessary actions including changing the script / preface of the game to level the playing field.

>> @ Fallout,
    Thank you sir for your comments.
    I appreciate the dose of reality with regards to the travel apathy of the SC community.
    We have taken this concern seriously and will make the necessary adjustments.
    Hope to see you at the next event!

Please stay tuned for more information regarding OP: SOCO.
    Otherwise.....game on!

Last edited by Takfire on 11.01.12 0:45; edited 2 times in total
    2old2moto
    2old2moto

Post  2old2moto 10.01.12 22:42

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by 2old2moto on 11.01.12 16:02; edited 4 times in total
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 10.01.12 22:47

Ummm...OK.
    Thanks for your kind confirmation.
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 11.01.12 0:10

2old2moto wrote:well my team of 25 will not be attending simply because last year we drove from savannah to sc for the ga vs sc game and then we drove from savannah to atlanta for blackhawk down and not one of the lyeing pricks that said they would come to our game in savannah showed up. i do understand that not everyone can afford to travel to all the games but i know that not everyone from the atlanta area and the columbia area are not broke or cant drive. so good luck
    Sad Sad Sad
    nice post made just to try and crap on someone else's event....sorry...but i guess all of us "lyeing pricks" should have driven 4 hours and spent a few hundred in expenses for a game with 33 people? i can find a backyard game here with that many people.....nice way to guarantee most folks from the largest player base in the SE won't have any interest in anything you might throw....

now i'm definitely going just so i can help make up for the missing "25 people".... Rolling Eyes
    2old2moto
    2old2moto

Post  2old2moto 11.01.12 0:46

savoy6 wrote:
    2old2moto wrote:well my team of 25 will not be attending simply because last year we drove from savannah to sc for the ga vs sc game and then we drove from savannah to atlanta for blackhawk down and not one of the lyeing pricks that said they would come to our game in savannah showed up. i do understand that not everyone can afford to travel to all the games but i know that not everyone from the atlanta area and the columbia area are not broke or cant drive. so good luck
    Sad Sad Sad
    nice post made just to try and crap on someone else's event....sorry...but i guess all of us "lyeing pricks" should have driven 4 hours and spent a few hundred in expenses for a game with 33 people? i can find a backyard game here with that many people.....nice way to guarantee most folks from the largest player base in the SE won't have any interest in anything you might throw....

now i'm definitely going just so i can help make up for the missing "25 people".... Rolling Eyes
    not trying to crap on any ones event in no way did i bash,crap, or say any thing negative about this event both of them were great last year just being honest if the truth hurts thats too bad if all the people who claimed they were coming to our event we would have had over 125 people at our first event regardless we still had fun at ga vs sc and blackhawk down and our event but the point is we spent our money and drove over 800 miles to support other fields events and the favor was not returned maybe i should have worded my above post a little different as to sugar coat it
    fallout11
    fallout11

Post  fallout11 11.01.12 6:56

Takfire wrote:>> @ Fallout,
    Thank you sir for your comments.
    I appreciate the dose of reality with regards to the travel apathy of the SC community.
    We have taken this concern seriously and will make the necessary adjustments.
    Hope to see you at the next event!

Anytime Tak!
    Worst case scenario you can always do what the NC players did at the NC vs SC event a few years back (where once again the SC players were badly outnumbered), some switched sides, put on arm tape, and the event went on to be a huge success.
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 11.01.12 9:48

2old2moto wrote:
    savoy6 wrote:
    Sad Sad Sad

not trying to crap on any ones event in no way did i bash,crap, or say any thing negative about this event both of them were great last year just being honest if the truth hurts thats too bad if all the people who claimed they were coming to our event we would have had over 125 people at our first event regardless we still had fun at ga vs sc and blackhawk down and our event but the point is we spent our money and drove over 800 miles to support other fields events and the favor was not returned maybe i should have worded my above post a little different as to sugar coat it

yep
    i hate you guys will not be coming
    also hate that you choose to word why like you have on several forums
    not very professional.
    maybe like
    "the ga mercs will not make this game,still trying to cover our losses on our game.we had a good response to it but a very low turn out.we were hoping for more support.
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 11.01.12 10:15

yeah...his posting of the exact same thing on several forums behind every post for this event is what generated my response ....
    2old2moto
    2old2moto

Post  2old2moto 11.01.12 15:59

my post is on 2 forums but i will delete them but i am a man of my word and i guess i expect everyone else to keep their word the way i keep mine if i say i am coming i will be there hell or high water it the way i was raised sorry if i offended anyone but the only ones who should have been offended are the ones who said they were coming and didnt show up..................... so here we go at this point i dont believe my team will be attending
    Garrett
    Garrett

Post  Garrett 11.01.12 22:23

I was for some reason under the impression that this would take place at Georgetown.... Quit possibly my mistake.... My team Aircross will be there in full force either way, so let's get in on. Oh and expect the taunt videos again my friends.. Very Happy
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 11.01.12 22:35

Thanks Garrett for chiming in!
    At the moment, AIRDOG does not conduct any joint operations with Georgetown.
    We use Battlezone as our exclusive field in GA for larger OPs.
    You guys will not be dissappointed by the 165 acre Battlezone field.

I am also looking for a CO and XO for the SC team.
    Please let me know if you can help me find some good candidates.
    Thanks!

TAK
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 11.01.12 22:50

Miracle wrote:So excited for this. I didn't get to go last year. xD

Oh why was that?
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 11.01.12 23:10

Garrett wrote:I was for some reason under the impression that this would take place at Georgetown.... Quit possibly my mistake.... My team Aircross will be there in full force either way, so let's get in on. Oh and expect the taunt videos again my friends.. Very Happy

battlezone is a great field
    its almost 2 miles from one hq to the other
    great terrian--hills,valleys,roads,woods,and a river
    you guys will love this place
    but i will warn you
    YOU WILL LOSE!!!!!!
    (start of smack talk)
    good to hear from you guys
    POOP
    Thrush
    Thrush

Post  Thrush 12.01.12 7:56

Battlezone is a great field and close enough to SC that I hope more SC players will be able to attend this event. Gunner has put alot of thought and work into his field, which is situated on varied and interesting terrain.
    I plan on being there fighting for Mother Georgia's honor, but will bring some greens if sides need balancing. Too bad fallout's tank won't be there, 'cuz it's a real hoot to witness it's merciless carnage. Three are coming with me, maybe four.
    s92harrell
    s92harrell

Post  s92harrell 12.01.12 14:33

Keith, are you taking the tank with you? If not...I would definitely come get it. Just saying...
    Anywho, I'll keep an ear to the ground for this one like I said. If it's looking like solid numbers, I should be able to scrounge up a good sized group from Ft. Benning/Columbus to make it up. Loved the Battlezone field, really excited to play there again!
    JohnnyMustang
    JohnnyMustang

Post  JohnnyMustang 12.01.12 17:03

Takfire wrote:Ummm...OK.
    Thanks for your kind confirmation.

Hey,
    Will you guys be raffling off another AEG like you did at Frostbite? This would be another great incentive to bring the SC folks to GA.
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 12.01.12 17:17

fallout11 wrote:First, sorry to say that I'll be in Oklahoma at OP: East Wind 5 all that week (yes, the whole week), which means no little flamethrower tank helping GA this time. Sorry guys, I do wish you luck though, and am a bit sad that I will miss this.

Second, Tak, you need to take what Steevols said very seriously, that is have a contingency plan in place for a 200 (GA) vs. 40 (SC) turnout on the day of.
    I travel to SC to play with some regularity, and he's right, they really do not have the kind of numbers over there that we do to begin with, and many of those are under 18 and simply cannot travel more than an hour or so for an away game. Call it what you will, but be prepared to deal with the reality.

Fallout is right here... I would not expect the same showing we gave them. Remember we outnumbered them last year on their home turf. So take it for what it is worth but expect that they might field what Steevo says.

I do not know if I am camping for this one which might prevent me from coming. Beginning of March is a bit early for the camping season. Would have been nicer in that respect it is was April like last year (which was still cold as balls for many out you southerners) or even May.

Just some food for thought because BOTH sides are going to have to camp unless people just play one day and drive home like some people did in SC last year who shall remain nameless!

I'll see if I can muster up the team for this though.
    marpat96

Post  marpat96 12.01.12 17:51

Poopdaddy, me and a few green players at OP Frostbite we trying to get behind Soviet base, to assassinate you! But I will get my shot off this time though, if there aren't so many patrols all OVER BASE 4 and around the base again lol. Good luck I do believe I am going to this guys, gotta make sure nothing planned that weekend.
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze 12.01.12 18:11

Poopdaddy was playing as a Soviet
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 12.01.12 18:58

Well I hate to tell you guys this but the first few Pre-reg's are SC players! So they are coming!
    marpat96

Post  marpat96 12.01.12 21:22

Alright thats good making progress here
    GUNNER
    GUNNER

Post  GUNNER 12.01.12 23:09

here is a pic of one new complex and more are going up Bicore - lab complex A: and i am no where near done. more to come
    . for you that have played on the field this is the door bunker area in between base 3 and 4.

OP: SOCO (GA vs. South Carolina) - 03/10/12 - Page 2 Mms_pi10

OP: SOCO (GA vs. South Carolina) - 03/10/12 - Page 2 Mms_pi11
    s92harrell
    s92harrell

Post  s92harrell 12.01.12 23:13

So is the door bunker area gone? Also Gunner, I'm coming for that Mt.Dew you owe me!
    GUNNER
    GUNNER

Post  GUNNER 12.01.12 23:16

lol. no the door bunker area is still there this in the middle of it

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29.03.24 3:51