Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+3
-a|ex
cagcmc@gmail.com
mwilson
7 posters

running a lipo help

mwilson
    mwilson

running a lipo help Empty running a lipo help

Post  mwilson 16.04.12 17:14

so i have a few guns now and ive got the internals all figured out but i want to move to lipos what all do i need to make a gun lipo ready ive already uprated the gears and im going to get a highspeed motor but what else do i need to get to run one. i heard i need a mosfet and then some say i dont. someone please help a brotha out lol
    cagcmc@gmail.com

running a lipo help Empty Re: running a lipo help

Post  cagcmc@gmail.com 16.04.12 18:11

7.4v lips can be run without a mosfet ( ran one in both my G&G combat machine stock and kwa km4 stock Fine)

11.v lipo definitely needs a mosfet...
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 16.04.12 18:18

in my opinion, even an 8.4v NiMH requires a mosfet.
    have you decided what capacity LiPo you are want?
    7.4v 25c 1600-2200mAH is average
    11.1v 20c 1600mAH will add stress to your gearbox (expect early failure)
    if you are building a high amp gearbox, you will need to upgrade your wire thickness. you can tell when the wires get warm.

you will need to replace your tamiya battery connector with either deans or xt60.
    LiPo's also require a balance charger.
    avoid exposing LiPo's to excessive heat. also, draining down past 3.0v shortens their lifespan and destroys the mosfet.
    i recommend getting a LiPo voltage readout and a low voltage warning buzzer.
    surefire pigeon
    surefire pigeon

Post  surefire pigeon 16.04.12 19:28

Mosfet really depends on apms drawn. I built a pretty efficient G36, deans, 16awg, etc., at 30rps. It was a very high torque setup, NO MOSFET, and ran it on a 80a cont. 11.1

The contacts still function after 80,000 rounds. A bunch on semi too.

Moral of the story- You can get away with it, quite a while on some guns. Although if you want a reliable electrical system, I'd get a mosfet with anything above a 8.4v.
    mwilson
    mwilson

Post  mwilson 17.04.12 10:24

-a|ex wrote:in my opinion, even an 8.4v NiMH requires a mosfet.
    if you are building a high amp gearbox, you will need to upgrade your wire thickness. you can tell when the wires get warm.

you will need to replace your tamiya battery connector with either deans or xt60.
    avoid exposing LiPo's to excessive heat. also, draining down past 3.0v shortens their lifespan and destroys the mosfet.

i have not decided on the type of lipo. what i want is a higher rate of fire but i don't want too much stress on the gearbox, seeing as its a non-reinforced tm gearbox. also i dont really want to spend a whole lot of money if i can avoid it. just some extra info its a v.3 for a g36c, it has shs standard gears, metal bushings, 110 spring, shs alum. piston head, shs alum cylinder head, shs poly piston, and all has been shimmed to what id say is a very good standard, also adjusted the aoe and everything else that has been suggested to me on the forum.
    mwilson
    mwilson

Post  mwilson 19.04.12 12:01

mwilson wrote:
    -a|ex wrote:in my opinion, even an 8.4v NiMH requires a mosfet.

i have not decided on the type of lipo. what i want is a higher rate of fire but i don't want too much stress on the gearbox, seeing as its a non-reinforced tm gearbox. also i dont really want to spend a whole lot of money if i can avoid it. just some extra info its a v.3 for a g36c, it has shs standard gears, metal bushings, 110 spring, shs alum. piston head, shs alum cylinder head, shs poly piston, and all has been shimmed to what id say is a very good standard, also adjusted the aoe and everything else that has been suggested to me on the forum.

so i just finished upgrading a a&k masadas gearbox basically the exact same thing as in the g36c above except theres 16.1 gears in it rather than 18.1, what else should i do to increase the rof a little more?
    Senko
    Senko

Post  Senko 20.04.12 20:01

Lipo will add ROF, even a 7.4v 20c drain will out perform a 9.6v. I better motor will also improve ROF. A lighter spring will improve ROF. Deans and a Mosfet can also improve ROF. Heck even a good shimming job with some good bushings can improve ROF. Without knowing more than "1:16 gears" there are many doors open.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 21.04.12 11:01

I wouldn't go lower than m110 though if you are running lipo.
    mwilson
    mwilson

Post  mwilson 24.04.12 11:57

how hard is it to instal a mosfet in a version 3?
    kalashnikov1

Post  kalashnikov1 02.05.12 21:49

Easy. On VFC style AK's, its a breeze. On G36 just put it next to the hop up.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 10:21