Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

4 posters

Medic Tips

Poll

Should games always include medics?

[ 1 ]
    Medic Tips Bar_left14%Medic Tips Bar_right [14%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Medic Tips Bar_left29%Medic Tips Bar_right [29%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Medic Tips Bar_left43%Medic Tips Bar_right [43%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Medic Tips Bar_left0%Medic Tips Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Medic Tips Bar_left14%Medic Tips Bar_right [14%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Medic Tips Bar_left0%Medic Tips Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 7
    TheRealBandit
    TheRealBandit

Medic Tips Empty Medic Tips

Post  TheRealBandit 02.05.12 19:49

Well, I've been running as a medic for some time but I just want to know what you think of them, how they could do better, or good stories that include medics.

Medic Tips Empty Re: Medic Tips

Post  Guest 02.05.12 20:30

I don't see how medics can be considered realistic. However, I do understand what they bring to the table when it comes to gameplay. I still think its a cop out to have medics. If you get shot out, you are out, go back to your base. The medic rule gets exploited, as do all other non essential "new game type" rules. If just want a game without any special players,perks, anything, just, if you get shot you go back to your base. Simple as that.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 02.05.12 20:33

I like the medics at the big ops, where the field is a couple hundred acres, and they actually have to tie a ribbon around your arm in order to "revive" you, still it can be exploited easily.

I might also add that DU has the best medic in the southeast on our team. Just saying.
    TheRealBandit
    TheRealBandit

Post  TheRealBandit 02.05.12 20:44

I agree with twitch that medics should be used at big ops. While a half mile or mile long walk uphill with about 20 pounds of gear on may seem not to tough to a teen or young adult,it's just not that fun.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 02.05.12 21:39

Twitch wrote:I like the medics at the big ops, where the field is a couple hundred acres, and they actually have to tie a ribbon around your arm in order to "revive" you, still it can be exploited easily.

I might also add that DU has the best medic in the southeast on our team. Just saying.

agree with this. at big ops medics are nice to have so you don't end up walking across the field to respawn. i like the ribbon tying to revive. they shouldn't be in every game though. i like just straight up team dm games without the medics.

also kevin is best medic
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Post  Blackhawk 5 02.05.12 23:38

This thread is relevant to my interest.

Its good to have a medic around in large fields where it's more convienent to get "revived" rather than walk 15 mins back to the respawn, however in more smaller games and CQB things get so chaotic and respawns are so close that there really isn't a need for one. Of all the methods of revives the arm band thing is probably the most "realistic" and efficient, yet at the same time sucks for the medic since its difficult to tie knots with gloves on :p How to get good at medic? Experience really. Don't get shot and know when the right time to revive is.

I am a potato.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.04.24 7:54