Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

SECTION RULES. READ BEFORE POSTING.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

SECTION RULES.  READ BEFORE POSTING. Empty SECTION RULES. READ BEFORE POSTING.

Post  Admin 30.12.08 16:40

Welcome to the Local Games/Events section of Metro ATL Airsoft.
    This section is the embidiment of why MAA was created, and it's meant to be a network for local players. When posting here, plese follow the general rules, not "1337" speak, no profanity, no flaming, etc.

Also, here's some guidelines for posting about a game in this section, and a sample in the format you should post.

LOCATION: Where are you playing? An exact address would be nice. If an exact address doesn't exist, you should meet up somewhere before hiking/driving back into the place you're playing. Also, go on Google Earth (or Google Maps even) and get coordinates for the field so people know what kind of field they're playing at. That's helpful if you want to decide if you want to bring your sniper rifle, or if your MP5k might be better for you.

DATE: Pretty self explanatory. Put it in this format: Name of day, MM/DD/YY. Example: Saturday, 2/6/08 (That's Saturday, the second of June, 2008)

TIME: Also self explanatory. Specify if it's AM or PM. For simplicities sake, use a 12-hour schedule. You can use 24-hour time in the description if you want. Don't forget to put the time the game ends.

AGE: What age of players usually attend? Is there an age limit? What ages are welcome?

GUNS: Don't discriminate. I've seen a guy with a UTG shotgun kill guys with completely upgraded high-ends. I've seen someone with a KWA Mac 11 and 2 magazines run wild and get kills against a team full of assault rifles in woodland. I once had to use an old CYMA AK when my primary went down, and I came out on the winning wide of several firefights against upgraded high-ends. However, just let people know what kinds of guns you typically use so people don't come to a springer skirmish with a PTW or vice-versa if they don't know what they're getting into. However, weapons requirements are understandable if you're playing a specific scenario, like a Vietnam game.

AVG # OF PLAYERS: How many people typically come to your games?

DESCRIPTION: Write general information about the game. What's the field like? What kinds of guns would be effective in that field? How large is the field? If you're doing a specific scenario/OP, put the backstory here. Also, put anything else that didn't fit into the other sections.

EXAMPLE

I'll just write what I would have written for the last game I played in.

LOCATION: Meet up at 4227 Carillon Trace, Kennesaw, GA, and then head on over to the field located at 34*02'56" N 84*37'29" W

DATE: Sunday, 12/28/08

TIME: 12:00 noon until 5:00 PM

AGE: 15-22 year olds usually attend. We're open to pretty much any age. I think the youngest we've had play was like 12 or 13, and the oldest was someone's uncle, and he was in his 40's.

GUNS: We usually have a pretty wide range. Normally, it's all AEG's, from stock clones to completely upgraded Marui's and the like. However, we'll have an occasional UTG shotgun user play with us. They usually don't get too many kills, but they have fun.

AVG # OF PLAYERS: We usually have 15-20 attend, although the field is pretty decent sized, and could probably hold forty five or so.

DESCRIPTION: The field we play at is completely out of view from any roads/pedestrians, although it is bordered by roads. However, the field is in a sort of "bowl" with very thick brush along the sides, so the chance of someone seeing us is next to nil. there's a few game trails that run along the outside of the field, which makes for some good ambushes. There's a good amount of cover. There a quite a few natural trenches that range from 15-60 feet long and from 3-6 feet deep. There's a good amount of man-sized trees, as well as a large stream that runs through the middle of the field. The stream is large enough to be an obstacle, but it's small enough to cross at some points. There are two elongated clearings that run parallel, almost like two trails. There's also a giant tree with a tree stand up pretty high, although people usually don't climb up into the tree stand because it's not very safe. The field isn't very suited for bolt-action sniper rifles, but any other gun will do. There's a large enough clearing along the stream that DMR's can be very effective, but you're going to want the ability to have either full auto or rapid semi automatic fire. We usually play elimination matches, with some respawn games and some scenario sprinkled in. The people that usually attend come from Acworth near Powder Springs all of the way to Norcross.

Current date/time is 19.04.24 4:54