Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

5 posters

The Kar-98 spring Skirmishable?

PrinceofPinoys
    PrinceofPinoys

The Kar-98 spring Skirmishable? Empty The Kar-98 spring Skirmishable?

Post  PrinceofPinoys 11.07.12 20:45

Hey guys im really interested in the Dboys Kar98 i love that it is a spring rifle, meaning that no gas or worrying about leaks, the only bad thing is that it has shells and a 2 piece barrel, ive seen that people replace it with a JG bar 10,but id hate to spend bout $300 to take apart 2 guns. I was wondering if i could use a similar sniper like a swiss arms or UTG to use as the internals to make it skirmishable. I also plan on using it like a regular rifle, with no scope.

And do you think airdog could do the conversion and if so how much?
    Hippie
    Hippie

The Kar-98 spring Skirmishable? Empty Re: The Kar-98 spring Skirmishable?

Post  Hippie 11.07.12 23:14

I would avoid the Dboys. Like you said - it's shell ejecting. It's also made out of plastic. Several people do conversions like this on the WWII airsoft forum. Most involve a JG VSR / BAR 10 ( or a similar rifle), real or replica parts, a woodshop, and a lot of Bondo. You need to be able to use basic power tools and have a bit of a creative nature. I'm considering building a Springfield M1903 out of a JG BAR-10 for winter games when I move back to Alaska. The great thing about the BAR-10 is that G&P makes 55 round magazines for it - plus it has tons of replacement and upgrade parts.

Here is a guide for the M1903 - just to give you an idea of how a conversion would be done:
    http://ww2aa.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=armoryarchives&action=display&thread=6374

Here is a Moisin Nagant
    http://ww2aa.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=armoryarchives&action=display&thread=8202

Haha! After some searching, I found the guide for Kar98s using the Dboys!
    http://ww2aa.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=armoryarchives&action=display&thread=7580
    PrinceofPinoys
    PrinceofPinoys

Post  PrinceofPinoys 12.07.12 0:15

i love the Kar-98 thats why im interested in doing this, yea the dboys one isnt the best and better to avoid, but its an interesting item, itd be an interesting weapon to use in battle. ive also seen people make the plastic wood look realistic somehow, looked pretty decent. im really hoping to find a boneyard k98. itd be awesome if someone here had one, itd make it alot easier.

ooo very interesting instructions...but idk how good id be on converting myself
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 12.07.12 0:43

Yep, bolt actions are pretty neat. I want to make a WWI loadout - so no scope for me either. It's unfortunate that more rifles don't have iron sights - for the most part people see them as sniper rifles. The faux wood is a paint technique but I don't know how to paint like that. I would love to see your conversion if you do one!
    Asia7th
    Asia7th

Post  Asia7th 12.07.12 0:44

If you did a WWII setup Hippie, what would it be?
    PrinceofPinoys
    PrinceofPinoys

Post  PrinceofPinoys 12.07.12 0:49

id love to make a WW2 loadout too, id have to say id either go German or Japanese, i love the axis uniforms. though id probably still use the K98 if i did Japanese cuz Tanaka's rifles are ridiculous in price. And i love iron sights as well, id choose those over a holograpic or red dot. as for bolt action, just love it. your dependent on that one shot, not just sprayin and prayin.
    and ill probably do a conversion down the road when i get da money, but if anyone hears of a Dboys K98 in boneyard ill be sure to try and get it
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 12.07.12 1:14

What about an Arisaka? Not many of those out there, and Imperial Japanese reprodution uniforms and equipment are becoming much more common. Airsoft needs more axis players with rifles. Everyone has an MP40, MP44, or Thompson. At least companies are releasing more and more full sized rifles. G&G just released they're Kar98K (Gas) and M1 Garand (AEG). Hopefully other companies will join in. I would love to see an AEG M1 Carbine and M1918 B.A.R. I would love a Chauchat but that is probably never going to happen.

Asia7th wrote:If you did a WWII setup Hippie, what would it be?
    Hmm... WWII I would have to do the 1st Infantry on Normandy. My Great Uncle was KIA on Omaha Beach on D-Day. For WWI, I would either do a rifleman (M1903/M1903A1) or mobile MG gunner (Chauchat) in the 77th Division, 1918. I'm hoping to make an M1903A1 - scope it for my korean war impression, and way on down the line, use it un-scoped for WWI, or skip the 1903 all together and scratch build a Chauchat out of a V.7 gearbox. WWI gear is super pricey, like $150 for the wool tunic, $200 for the service shoes ect. Plus it has to be kept clean, unlike my 'Nam gear, because the combat uniform was also the dress uniform.
    Asia7th
    Asia7th

Post  Asia7th 12.07.12 1:24

Its just most people that reenact Wehrmacht, SS, and Fallschrimjager don't use the Kar98k because its hard to skirmish with...unless you customize.
    PrinceofPinoys
    PrinceofPinoys

Post  PrinceofPinoys 12.07.12 2:00

I was considering customizing it. i was thinking more of the "Stormtrooper" outfit with flecktarn, it wouldnt necessarily require a tunic, which can get expensive.
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 12.07.12 2:15

Asia7th wrote:Its just most people that reenact Wehrmacht, SS, and Fallschrimjager don't use the Kar98k because its hard to skirmish with...unless you customize.

Most people do SS and Fallschrimjager not only because they used the MP44 and MP40 more often, they also used camouflaged uniforms more often than the Heer. Like I said earlier, not many people use the full sized rifle that would have been way more common during the war, so the TO&E in WWII airsoft is totally backwards. There are tons of sub-machine guns and pistols with very few standard issue rifles, and almost no carbines, light support weapons, or anti tank weapons.

PrinceofPinoys wrote:I was considering customizing it. i was thinking more of the "Stormtrooper" outfit with flecktarn, it wouldnt necessarily require a tunic, which can get expensive.

Isn't that a modern camouflage pattern?
    Rock5
    Rock5

Post  Rock5 12.07.12 8:55

You could take a current spring shotgun and do a little painting on it to have a trench gun. Which would work with all periods since they were used from WWI all the way to Desert Storm. Skirmishable right out of the box I use one for CQB and as a back up for field games.
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 12.07.12 15:05

Rock5 wrote:You could take a current spring shotgun and do a little painting on it to have a trench gun. Which would work with all periods since they were used from WWI all the way to Desert Storm. Skirmishable right out of the box I use one for CQB and as a back up for field games.

That's actually something I've considered doing quite a lot. Someone on the VNAS forums made some sort of Remington 870 in a similar fashion.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 12.07.12 21:18

Tanaka makes a Arisaka, but its like 800-900 dollars haha. Don't buy a Dboys its a piece of ****. Go for that new G&G.
    PrinceofPinoys
    PrinceofPinoys

Post  PrinceofPinoys 12.07.12 23:14

i heard of that arisaka, id love it but i dont got that type of money. im plannin on getting the Dboys and customising it with sniper internals to fix its inaccutacy,range, and skirmishability. Im trying to avoid spending more than $400. The G&G is nice but i dont want to spend that much for a gun that needs gas to work, id rather customize a dboys that just needs ammo in it to shoot

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29.03.24 2:34