Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
Radar
Spectre
6 posters

Looking for an ACU plate carrier

Spectre
    Spectre

Looking for an ACU plate carrier Empty Looking for an ACU plate carrier

Post  Spectre 02.07.09 3:16

Rolling with an ACU (UCP) loadout because that is what I am used to and train in.
    I currently have a CIRAS in CB, but I want a plate carrier in ACU (UCP). Feel free to post what you think would look good and would be of a good enough quality that it will last. I would prefer to get one that comes with pouches (not like a crossdraw), I just don't really want to buy all the pouches separately.
    I am looking to see if any of you know of any plate carriers that I do not.
    Radar
    Radar

Looking for an ACU plate carrier Empty Re: Looking for an ACU plate carrier

Post  Radar 02.07.09 4:15

I have an old ACU Vest with Full MOLLE on it. Sniper shoulders. I Can throw in some pouches but i have alot of the ACU ones on my belt.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 02.07.09 12:20

WP_Radar wrote:I have an old ACU Vest with Full MOLLE on it. Sniper shoulders. I Can throw in some pouches but i have alot of the ACU ones on my belt.

Can you PM some pics?
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 02.07.09 14:07

Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 02.07.09 14:37

Is the cost effective way a quality piece? Meaning will it hold up well enough for airsoft play?

Post  Guest 02.07.09 14:40

Trey has that exact rig, works great for him, has held up so far.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 02.07.09 14:41

Aggressor Dog wrote:Trey has that exact rig, works great for him, has held up so far.

How is the stitching on it? Solid and well put together?

Post  Guest 02.07.09 14:44

From what I saw it was held together pretty well, felt like the real deal when I wore it.
    Dirkastan
    Dirkastan

Post  Dirkastan 03.07.09 12:10

Spectre wrote:

Is the cost effective way a quality piece? Meaning will it hold up well enough for airsoft play?

bro if you have a real CIRAS, dont go with a fake one.

Post  Guest 03.07.09 22:58

I've never understood the fascination amonsgt airsofters' to have the real deal in terms of tactical gear. Hell, the gera I wear for training in the U.S. Army is a hand me down from the Vietnam Era, it falling apart, held together by 550 cord, 100mph tape, and a few prayers. The gear I wear for airsoft is ALL knock off, its Condor, and I think they do a fine job for what I need. I think all of you can testify to the fact that my playing style is very short of going easy on any gear, but those knockoffs are going to last you those weekly games and be cheap to boot. They look the exact same, the only way you could tell the difference is if you really anaylzed the person from up close, and even then it would take someone with a consirable amount of knowledge on knockoffs vs. realdeal to figure it out. I vote you go with the KnockOff, if you don't like your CIRAS cause its in Tan then thats cool, I know youve had it for a long time and if you want ACU than go for the knockoff. All I'm saying is, the realdeal is meant to last through literal warfare, the knock offs are made to go through exactly what they will be put through. The difference for airsofters is the price.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 03.07.09 23:19

Aggressor Dog wrote:I've never understood the fascination amonsgt airsofters' to have the real deal in terms of tactical gear. Hell, the gera I wear for training in the U.S. Army is a hand me down from the Vietnam Era, it falling apart, held together by 550 cord, 100mph tape, and a few prayers. The gear I wear for airsoft is ALL knock off, its Condor, and I think they do a fine job for what I need. I think all of you can testify to the fact that my playing style is very short of going easy on any gear, but those knockoffs are going to last you those weekly games and be cheap to boot. They look the exact same, the only way you could tell the difference is if you really anaylzed the person from up close, and even then it would take someone with a consirable amount of knowledge on knockoffs vs. realdeal to figure it out. I vote you go with the KnockOff, if you don't like your CIRAS cause its in Tan then thats cool, I know youve had it for a long time and if you want ACU than go for the knockoff. All I'm saying is, the realdeal is meant to last through literal warfare, the knock offs are made to go through exactly what they will be put through. The difference for airsofters is the price.

I agree! WHY would anyone want $1000+ worth of hard earned money invested in a chest rig for airsoft? very pointless IMHO. That budget vest with be more than perfect!
    Dirkastan
    Dirkastan

Post  Dirkastan 04.07.09 0:32

its just a milsim thing, I can't really exlpain it, I'm just saying if he has a real CIRAS, its pointless to be a fake one. And btw, I needed money for mods on my car so I sold my CIRAS for $1100 on ebay, and I bought a chest rig, so I'm done with the expensive gearing.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 05.07.09 23:32

I would just like to say, can we keep this on topic? I am not looking for a real steel plate carrier. Don't need one yet. I don't even like to wear my ACH when playing so why would I want a real steel plate carrier? I am fine with imitation stuff. It performs airsoft duty admirably. So let's keep it on the topic of suggestions rather than criticisms.
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 06.07.09 9:58

I had one of these http://www.rangerjoes.com/phenix-gear-operator-plate-carrier-modular-p-4288.html

They work well, and are light weight.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 06.07.09 22:37

reconsniperga wrote:I had one of these http://www.rangerjoes.com/phenix-gear-operator-plate-carrier-modular-p-4288.html

They work well, and are light weight.

That is a possibility.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 18:13