Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+4
Twitch
firby911
Electioneer
Q-bald
8 posters

Maybe my next gun

Q-bald
    Q-bald

Maybe my next gun Empty Maybe my next gun

Post  Q-bald 21.07.09 18:56

This rifle is probably old news to most of you guys,but I'm really liking it a lot. It's the KWA M16 battle rifle.Any opinions?

[img]Maybe my next gun Pic-005-kwa-m16-E[/img]

And here's the scope I may put on it.It's the Leapers 3-9x40 Rubber Armoured Range Estimating Mil-Dot

[img]Maybe my next gun Scope_LPR_394FDRL3_lg[/img]

It will be a while before my next purchase, But I'm always researching. Also plan on maybe Promy TBB and Systema bucking
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Maybe my next gun Empty Re: Maybe my next gun

Post  Electioneer 21.07.09 19:18

Well I would direct you more towards G&G M16s. Austin "Spectre" has one and he really likes it and all of their products are pretty much ready to skirmish with out of the box.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 21.07.09 19:24

Electioneer wrote:Well I would direct you more towards G&G M16s. Austin "Spectre" has one and he really likes it and all of their products are pretty much ready to skirmish with out of the box.

Yea, I'm a big fan of the GR16 but this has a higher FPS out of the box 410-430 also this rifle has 8mm bushings.The plus on the G&G is the TBB that comes with it. But Yea its gonna be one of the two
    firby911
    firby911

Post  firby911 21.07.09 19:50

That scope is worthless imo,you wont need that magnification. You would be better of with a 4x32 acog replica such as this,there are other models as well.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/ta01nsn-4x32-ta51-matte-scope-p-1101.html
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 21.07.09 21:49

firby911 wrote:That scope is worthless imo,you wont need that magnification. You would be better of with a 4x32 acog replica such as this,there are other models as well.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/ta01nsn-4x32-ta51-matte-scope-p-1101.html
    I like that style also, But dosen't 3-9 magnification mean its adjustable from x3 to x9?
    firby911
    firby911

Post  firby911 21.07.09 21:55

Yes,you dont need it though,that scope is overkill.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 21.07.09 22:03

Depends Corbin. I have a 3-9 scope on my G3 and I love it.

It all depends on your playing style get what you want Q-Bald.
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 21.07.09 22:09

Its kind of funny that you guys are talking about the GR 16. I just bought one today.. and its Great! It's upgraded in almost every area internally, a 25000 turbo motor, a tightbore, and it is very well built and put together. It has amazing accuracy. Any further questions about it, PM me about it.
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 21.07.09 22:25

Remember the FPS isn't everything, my G&G L85 shoots a good 200 ft or so with .25s and only has about 370 fps.

also ACOG on M16 RIS is WIN!!!!!
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 21.07.09 22:42

I do indeed have a G&G GR16 fullsize. It performs beautifully, and I would highly recommend it. Better out of the box performance than my KWA M4 by far, but don't get me wrong, I love my KWA. Both are great, and well perform admirably, however, I would recommend the G&G over the KWA.

Post  Guest 21.07.09 23:06

Also note that taking apart a KWA and putting one back together is something that KWA did not design the weapon to do. They made it so that you dont need to upgrade it, but should something go wrong and you need to open it up, your going to have one seriously difficult time getting it back together. Id go G&G. Youre going to have better accuracy with it I know that much.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 21.07.09 23:09

Aggressor Dog wrote:Also note that taking apart a KWA and putting one back together is something that KWA did not design the weapon to do. They made it so that you dont need to upgrade it, but should something go wrong and you need to open it up, your going to have one seriously difficult time getting it back together. Id go G&G. Youre going to have better accuracy with it I know that much.
    Actually, with KWA's new hopup bucking, it should be just as accurate. I'd say KWA. The KWA internals are a lot stronger than G&G internals.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 22.07.09 9:40

Admin wrote:
    Aggressor Dog wrote:Also note that taking apart a KWA and putting one back together is something that KWA did not design the weapon to do. They made it so that you dont need to upgrade it, but should something go wrong and you need to open it up, your going to have one seriously difficult time getting it back together. Id go G&G. Youre going to have better accuracy with it I know that much.
    Actually, with KWA's new hopup bucking, it should be just as accurate. I'd say KWA. The KWA internals are a lot stronger than G&G internals.

So you do not think It needs a Bucking upgrade? What about a barrel upgrade?

All good points guys.....Maybe I'll just have to get both rifles.....seriously.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 22.07.09 10:16

Well, it depends how soon you're going to buy it. The new KWA M16's are coming out in October. I'd definitely wait for that. It'll have an even stronger, 9mm bearing gearbox, a "revolutionized" hopup unit, and all around better accuracy.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 22.07.09 10:20

Admin wrote:Well, it depends how soon you're going to buy it. The new KWA M16's are coming out in October. I'd definitely wait for that. It'll have an even stronger, 9mm bearing gearbox, a "revolutionized" hopup unit, and all around better accuracy.

Yes it will be after Oct for sure..
    morlock
    morlock

Post  morlock 24.07.09 3:16

Maybe you can Homer gift it for me Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 08.05.24 15:07