Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

3 posters

AF Security Forces Making History in Iraq.

Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

AF Security Forces Making History in Iraq. Empty AF Security Forces Making History in Iraq.

Post  Bulldog94 22.07.09 14:32

For those of you who say that the Air Force isn't doing combat patrols for the army well here you go...

AF Security Forces Making History in Iraq. Empty Re: AF Security Forces Making History in Iraq.

Post  Guest 22.07.09 21:53

Look, I dont know why you think we all said the AirForce didnt patrol, but no one said that the AirForce didn't have patrols, and they certainly arent doing it FOR the Army. They are patrolling, if you payed attention, their OWN airstrips. This is good for the AirForce, and more power to them, its a good way to get their first steps on the ground, in a defensive manner, and I think it would be a great idea for them to continue to defend their own airstrips in teh future. But the Army and the Marines are still doing the combat patrols in enemy terriroty, not the AirForce. I know people who are DEAD due to those patrols, not injured, not currently serving, DEAD. KIA. The AirForce patrolling allows more Infantry soldiers to patrol and take hostile territory as opposed to stand guard over the airstrips. Don't mistake an AirForce patrolman for an infantry-man. Find me the dead AirForce Patrolman.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

AF Security Forces Making History in Iraq. Empty Re: AF Security Forces Making History in Iraq.

Post  Bulldog94 22.07.09 22:06

Aggressor Dog wrote:Look, I dont know why you think we all said the AirForce didnt patrol, but no one said that the AirForce didn't have patrols, and they certainly arent doing it FOR the Army. They are patrolling, if you payed attention, their OWN airstrips. This is good for the AirForce, and more power to them, its a good way to get their first steps on the ground, in a defensive manner, and I think it would be a great idea for them to continue to defend their own airstrips in teh future. But the Army and the Marines are still doing the combat patrols in enemy terriroty, not the AirForce. I know people who are DEAD due to those patrols, not injured, not currently serving, DEAD. KIA. The AirForce patrolling allows more Infantry soldiers to patrol and take hostile territory as opposed to stand guard over the airstrips. Don't mistake an AirForce patrolman for an infantry-man. Find me the dead AirForce Patrolman.

yeah and theyre doing patrols with and for the army aggressor dog. Instead of going 5 miles out there going out 20 miles. And there have been airmen killed on patrols as well aggressor dog, and i mean killed, kia! lol... but really they have been. Air Force security Forces members are trained like infantry soldiers. My father who served the Air Force for a good 12 years did more running in the field than writing tickets lol. My dad almost even became a ranger. Look and most SF are becoming rangers and airborne trained.

Post  Guest 22.07.09 22:08

The vibe Im getting from you is that you are claiming that the Army is pussing out and begging the AirForce to run patrols for them. Fat chance.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 22.07.09 22:12

Aggressor Dog wrote:The vibe Im getting from you is that you are claiming that the Army is pussing out and begging the AirForce to run patrols for them. Fat chance.

No aggressor dog the point im trying to state is that the airmen in iraq and afiganstan are doing more than just flying planes and protecting airbases. And by the way the army has asked them to help because of the decreasing forces in the area. You know to make up ground so that everything is secure.

Last edited by Bulldog94 on 22.07.09 22:13; edited 1 time in total
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 22.07.09 22:13

I second Paul. No one said the Air Force wasn't patrolling, however, do not mistake their patrolling for true offensive maneuvering. What they are doing simply frees up the Army soldiers who were patrolling the Air Force base to go into combat situations.

I would also like to say that Rangers are Army, not Air Force, so unless you were trying to defeat your own point, then I have no idea what you just tried to say.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 22.07.09 22:15

Spectre wrote:I second Paul. No one said the Air Force wasn't patrolling, however, do not mistake their patrolling for true offensive maneuvering. What they are doing simply frees up the Army soldiers who were patrolling the Air Force base to go into combat situations.

I would also like to say that Rangers are Army, not Air Force, so unless you were trying to defeat your own point, then I have no idea what you just tried to say.

Look the Army has asked the Air Force to help because they are so overwhelmed in iraq. And yes i know the rangers apart of the army, and airmen become qualified to become rangers and wear the tab.
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 22.07.09 22:16

Ladies calm down please. Geez...
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 22.07.09 22:17

reconsniperga wrote:Ladies calm down please. Geez...

nice, enough said aggressor. Nice debate however but now you understand wear im at.

Post  Guest 22.07.09 23:09

Yeah I got it, my misunderstanding there. Anyone can go for Ranger School, if you pass you can wear the Tab regardless of your station or branch. But getting into Ranger school and passing are two seperate things Razz
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 22.07.09 23:33

Just because an airman has a ranger tab does not mean he is a ranger.
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 22.07.09 23:37

You can be a Ranger, but not the tab. Ranger School is a leadership school, so thats why anyone can go. (Going further in the conversation)
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 23.07.09 0:37

enough said... but an airmen is a ranger if he earns the tab but hes not necessarily with the ranger regiment.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 23.07.09 1:14

I'm not going to sit here and argue the point with you.
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 23.07.09 6:17

Bulldog, listen (read)....

An Airman can go to Ranger School and get the Ranger Tab, but he is NOT a Ranger. All he did was go to through Ranger School (which is a LEADERSHIP Course). A Marine can go to Ranger School (happens a lot) and get the tab, but he still isn't a Ranger (he's a Marine). A PFC just out of basic, and his MOS is needed within the Ranger Regiment, he goes through RIP to get into the unit, now HE IS A RANGER. I believe I understood this correctly when my former teammate told me about all this (He's a Ranger).

This is what I comprehended from the video.

The US Airmen have stepped up patrols, some taking the place of an Army or Marine unit, because they are needed elsewhere. These areas where the Airmen took the place of another unit, are most likely rather peaceful, and its wasting the Army or Marine unit's potintial. All the Airforce is saying "Look at us! We have our toes in the water" (all respectfully). They are just telling everyone, that they do some dirty work outside of PJs and CSARs, it may not be muddy but its a little dust...
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 23.07.09 10:41

Recon, you are absolutely right on both counts. Thank you.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 23.07.09 11:54

nice point.... but in the eyes of the rangers if you earn the tab you are considered a ranger but not in the ranger regiment i understand that and I know an army ranger and he has told me that once before. Good Debate guys, I think we have seen both sides of the argument.

Post  Guest 23.07.09 12:17

Alot of soldiers in the Ranger Regiments right now dont have their Tabs, they are straight out of RIP. Its all you really need apparently, the RangerSchool is just a very difficult leadership assesment and build-up course. Of course, eventually all the Rangers are stupposed to get their Tabs, but I have a friend who is going to Afghanistan with the 75th and THEN is scheduled to go to Ranger school.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 23.07.09 12:25

Aggressor Dog wrote:Alot of soldiers in the Ranger Regiments right now dont have their Tabs, they are straight out of RIP. Its all you really need apparently, the RangerSchool is just a very difficult leadership assesment and build-up course. Of course, eventually all the Rangers are stupposed to get their Tabs, but I have a friend who is going to Afghanistan with the 75th and THEN is scheduled to go to Ranger school.
    well hopefully he makes it in the school.

Post  Guest 23.07.09 12:38

From what I heard if you make it through RIP you should be more than ready for Ranger School. Its pretty hard stuff that they do in RIP, most people drop out in the first two weeks.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 23.07.09 12:42

Aggressor Dog wrote:From what I heard if you make it through RIP you should be more than ready for Ranger School. Its pretty hard stuff that they do in RIP, most people drop out in the first two weeks.

Yeah I bet, Its sort of Like S.E.R.E. If you know what that is but Ranger School is probley more challenging

Post  Guest 23.07.09 12:48

S.E.R.E. is the Survive Escape Resist Evade school right? I don't think that has any relation to what RS is like, but maybe Im thinking of the wrong school... is the SERE your talking about the mock prison-camp school?
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 23.07.09 12:51

Aggressor Dog wrote:S.E.R.E. is the Survive Escape Resist Evade school right? I don't think that has any relation to what RS is like, but maybe Im thinking of the wrong school... is the SERE your talking about the mock prison-camp school?

No its the Survive Escape Resist Evade School That the Air Force has out in Washington State.
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 23.07.09 13:01

That would be the SERE school (you get lost, then "captured", then you escape).

Post  Guest 23.07.09 13:02

SERE school is universal Im pretty sure (opened for all branches to use). Im also pretty sure its only in the SOCOM MOSs, like Army Ranger/SF, MFC, Navy SEALs, Airforce ParaRescue training pipelines. But you can also elect to take if you want. The school has different levels though, each level is a different severity of training. Stuff has got to suck! So I guess depending on the level you could tryand estimate which one would be harder, Ranger School or SERE.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02.05.24 22:05