Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+12
Tinman
Airsoftguy238
Blaze
Radar
frog
sniper2525
#CW!!ZERO
Rhino
THEMANatwar
NJSC
Admin
Q-bald
16 posters

What's Your Aisoft Story?

Q-bald
    Q-bald

What's Your Aisoft Story? Empty What's Your Aisoft Story?

Post  Q-bald 22.07.09 17:21

I got this Idea from Reed's post about his airsoft story. Just wanted to hear some other peoples story about how they got into Airsoft.

Here's Mine.
    It all started one Sat afternoon back in 2008. I was looking on the net for a possible purchase on a real steel weapon when I stumbled onto an Airsoft retail site. I thought,those toys look pretty real,But they must just be for kids. Then I found some videos on Youtube
    of people Skirmishing including adults.I thought man that looks fun so i researched where to play in GA. It looked to me like the only place to play was way north of Newnan and that was to far for me to drive for a hobby.(I've changed my mind since then) So I continued to research Reel Steel as a possible purchase. When My son Justin saw me researching and said "Why by another real gun and just shoot targets,when you can buy Airsoft and shoot people" I thought to myself The boy is onto something here. Then during a Google on airsoft Airdog came up. I freaked out about Airsoft being so close to home in Newnan and decided then This is going to be our New hobby.
    Warming my wife up to the idea was not easy, but she really came through and is supportive of this new found obsession.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

What's Your Aisoft Story? Empty Re: What's Your Aisoft Story?

Post  Admin 22.07.09 18:16

I used to play paintball back in the day at Arkenstone. I wasn't anything special, and my only guns I had were an upgraded Tippman 98 Custom, and a Diablo Mongoose with a Dye Boomstick Ultralight (14 inch?). Anyway, Arkenstone closed and I pretty much just stopped playing. Then, I was messing around online when I saw airsoft on Ebay. I cam close to buying a pair of Super 9 Sniper Rifles for me and my brother, Jared, who is two years younger than me. I personally thought that if we spent a whole $80 on an airsoft gun, the gun would be awesome. Because who spends $80 on AIRSOFT?!? Nobody but the pro's, that's who. But, unfortunately, we didn't end up doing it.
    But I still had a spring pistol that I got at WalMart. Actually, scratch that, I had TWO spring pistols. Pretty legit, huh? They used the white BB's because they were powerful. Then one day, I was at my friend's house, and we were playing with the pistols. Man, you should have seen us. We were cool, playing in the street and whatnot. After a while, we had all the neighborhood kids out cheering us on. Then, my friend said, "Hey, Tim plays airsoft, let's call him". Then Tim arrived with his Tokyo Marui Famas. Needless to say, he owned us. Then he told me about this group that he played with sometimes. I thought, whoa, that's awesome. So I went out and purchased an Echo 1 Tactical AK-47 RIS, a Chicom, a set of Woodland BDU's, and signed up on www.airsoftforum.com (a few months later, the Admin on there went crazy and I left), and I started playing with Team SOTHG. We were all flaming noobs, but we just didn't know it yet. However, we started slowly getting better, and I started upgrading my AK. Real Steel folding stock, G&P wood kit, prommy TBB, bucking, the works... but it still sucked. The body was crap, as was the gearbox. Oh, the gearbox... I decided one day to take the plunge and disassemble it. I had no idea what I was doing, or what to watch out for, or even how to go about the actual opening of the gearbox, but I got it disassembled, reshimmed, re-pistoned, and it was still a piece of junk. So, I sold it off for parts and purchased a TM M1911A1 and a KWA G36c. Pretty oorah, right? Oh yeah. This was also around the same time that I started playing with Paul and his guys, and I played at Gtown a couple times, and CQB at SAC. I was active as ever on ASB, a little active on ASF, and then Fall 08 came and I didn't play a game for 4 months. I sold the now lightly upgraded 1911, and managed to crack my hopup unit on the G36 (everyone here knows how fragile the tabs are on plastic G36 hopup units). Then, I got my Eagle rig (love it), some MARPAT, and started playing more often. Purchased the TM SOC16, almost brand new, with battery, charger, and a bag of BB's for $200 on craigslist (sweet deal, right), and I started upgrading it as well. Then, I thought to myself, you know what? Georgia doesn't have a local forum. So I made one. I sent out emails to AA, Gtown, GA Airsoft, SAC, and Airdog, and got SAC and Airdog lined up as supporters. The forum started slowly growing. Then, I went and played at OP: SLIPGATE with the Airdog folks, met Tak and ZarTan, Rhino and B-boy, and all of the rest of the Airdog crew. Had a blast. So I started playing there more, as well as at the SOTHG field, and I brought some of the SOTHG guys down to play at Airdog. Then, RedDragon came. That was a sick event. (PMC!!!) Anyway, yeah, it was fun. MAA continued to grow, and then... Dagger Unit was born. Oh, yeah. MAA Relief as well. We played in some games, registered for SAAL, and now here we are. Two yers ago, I was a n00b, and now I'm the Admin on the largest GA airsoft forum, I've founded a nonprofit corporation, and in three days I'll be heading up OP: Korphe, which should draw about 150-170 players and raise several grand for the Central Asia Institute.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 22.07.09 19:01

I like many of you started out with paintball. After spending 70-100 dollars for a day of play I gave it a rest. Then after I went to college and seeing springer battles in the parking lot I started to look into it mostly at ASF. Then after much debate with myself I bought a JG Bar-10. I upgraded practically everything I could in the gun and I was hooked. I then bought a JG M4 S-System. I kept up with the Bar-10 and had a few battles with it, but mostly spent time target shooting. I then sold the Bar-10 and bought an A&K SR25 and started to get really involved in MAA and Airdog. I've expanded my collection to 5 guns now and I am going to be upgrading heavily. My newest obsession are MP5s and will be going with a nice high speed set up, but I am still primarily a long range guy. Sadly the next chapter of my airsoft story will be near Charleston, SC where there is practically zero airsoft, but I've got some big plans coming up for that area and hopefully I'll get it really up and going.
    THEMANatwar
    THEMANatwar

Post  THEMANatwar 22.07.09 19:20

Well it all started when some friends were looking for alternatives for paintball. (its expensive as you guys know)Well they got some automatic Cheap-o's and we thought they they were the best guns ever. LOL Well I still needed a gun so i went to Hobbytron to look for a gun since that's where they had gotten their guns. Well I came across the UTG Master Snipter! OMFG!!! I knew if I got that gun I would be the coolest person ever. I got the gun and a grip and some other stuff. But the gun came 4 months later because they were upgrading it from gen 2 to gen 3. At the time it was $100 but worth it. Then I started to loose interest in A-soft. Soon I started looking for Airsoft forums because my UTG was broken and I needed help with it. I found ASF and got help to fix it there. Then I noticed a guys siggy had somthing about a Georgia Airsoft fourm. Well now I'm here and about to go to my first REAl airsoft game ever. Thats my story
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 22.07.09 20:37

I started about 5-6 years ago when a friend of mine told me about airsoft.... I started doing some research and came across airsoft atlanta. I have never seen a real airsoft gun (not even a springer) until I decided to take the trip to AA. I thought they were the coolest things, so I started asking questions and they told me Toyko Mauri was the best so I decided that day on a G36c. I knew absolutely nothing about it but I knew I didnt want it stock because nothing I have is stock! So I asked them to upgrade the gun for me to 400fps. They told me it would be about 2-3 months turn around, so I said the hell with that I'll figure it out myself. I bought the parts they recommened and when home on a mission! Believe it or not I was a natural and got it working my first try with no help. The gun shot great so I decided I wanted the best of the best! I went back and bought a M170, systema torque up gears, deepfire piston, Systema Magnum motor. Getting the M170 in the gear box was a real treat but I did it and the gun was a BEAST! it would break beer bottles, drop birds anything I shot would break! Now the only problem was I didnt know anyone else with an airsoft gun! So I talked my friend (b-boy) into buying a TM MP5, of course he wanted upgrades to try and keep up with my beast of a G36, so I did his gear box. We played a few times in his back yard and it was cool but it was only the 2 of us. Then back in Oct. b-boy said there was a shop opening in Newnan. So I did a Google search and found Airdog Airsoft! I emailed Tak a few times asking what all they sold because I was tired of driving 35+ miles to AA for the sub-par customer service! I missed the First Airdog game but me and B-boy made it to op. wild turkey Our first game with more than 2 people! It was a blast and Tak and Ted (zartan) were very nice! I asked tak if he needed a gun tech, He told me to come in for a interview which ended up being a AK-47 that needed some work done to it. So I got the job and the rest is history! I have skipped a few steps in between but thats the basic story. Also thanks to Paul Agressor Dog for being one of the first few guns done at Airdog. So I never played paint ball or a real game before airdog!
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 22.07.09 22:38

My story is similar to Rhinos, I had no idea what airsoft was until on of my buddies William told me to get a pistol with him at Dicks Sporting goods back when we were about 13, so i did and we went home and of course shot each other, then my brother and more started getting more pistols and eventually spring rifles. This is where we started playing with our now team of Trent and Bobby, We played in mostly my backyard which is about 8 acres and then one day my friend Sam took the plunge into an AEG, so me and Jack decided to get the AIM M4s, they were nice but I wanted nicer, now I was only 14 when I popped open my first gearbox and completely disassembled it and looked over every piece extremely well and to figure out what they all did. I put the gun back together stock just to see if I could do it and it worked!!!! I quickly got tired of AEG's and decided I was a sniper, so I took the plunge and bought a Tokyo Mauri Vsr-10 G-Spec. Man was that a nice gun, I upgraded it to the max with it running a M190 spring, chronoing 640fps!!! I then got my P90 and decided I was going to make it the fastest of the fastest. After lots of headaches I got it going 42rps for 5000 rounds but I am currently in search of a better piston that can handle the abuse. I have broken a supercore in 4 shots, an Angel Superhigh speed and everything in between. I too asked Tak if they were in need of another gun tech and I now fill in for Rhino when he is gone or when he is getting overloaded with work and needs help.

Post  Guest 22.07.09 22:40

"Hey dude I have these BB guns its like paintball" - Stack

"O dude those hurt!" - Me

"O come on lets play!" - Stack

"Ok fine but dont shoot me in the face or anything" -Me

Some time later I started playing in the SAAL.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 22.07.09 23:18

Well i started out playing paintball when i was about 9ish, then i got into the tournament paintball scene and eventualy that got very expensive, then around the age of 13 i got introduced into airsoft. i bought my first gun of shorty usa and it was a spring m16a1, eventualy it broke and i got a CA m15a4 tactical carbine and it was great. and like zero said we had been playing in his back yard for a while now. one day my gun broke and it took 2 months fortaa to fix it and then it broke again. After that i decided to try it my self so i bought my friends broken aim m4 for 15 bucks and tought myself how to open the mech box. After that it was a breeze and have been upgrading guns ever since from high power to high speed. and i have been doing it since i was about 13....
    frog
    frog

Post  frog 23.07.09 19:46

It all started for me last year when the Ga Supreme Court overturned both of my murder convictions on a technicality. I was innocent of course, but the technicality couldn't have come at a better time. So once I was free, my therapist decided I needed to find a hobby to "release the rage," or something like that. Since the two felony assault charges still stood, skeet shooting and hunting were out of the question. Well, my probation officer suggested I go to Church cause it looks good in the annual hearing, so I did and met a guy who played airsoft. He agreed with me when I said he should give me his airsoft gun, and thats when I started. I went to a private game, then my first Airdog game at Alpine's field. And since I haven't cleared airsoft with my PO, noone better snitch, if you know what's good for you. No, wait. That's not right. I was hanging around with Tinman and got invited to a private game by Chief. Played for the first time in November 2008, bought a G36 after that game, and haven't stopped since.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 23.07.09 19:49

frog wrote:It all started for me last year when the Ga Supreme Court overturned both of my murder convictions on a technicality. I was innocent of course, but the technicality couldn't have come at a better time. So once I was free, my therapist decided I needed to find a hobby to "release the rage," or something like that. Since the two felony assault charges still stood, skeet shooting and hunting were out of the question. Well, my probation officer suggested I go to Church cause it looks good in the annual hearing, so I did and met a guy who played airsoft. He agreed with me when I said he should give me his airsoft gun, and thats when I started. I went to a private game, then my first Airdog game at Alpine's field. And since I haven't cleared airsoft with my PO, noone better snitch, if you know what's good for you. No, wait. That's not right. I was hanging around with Tinman and got invited to a private game by Chief. Played for the first time in November 2008, bought a G36 after that game, and haven't stopped since.
    Haha. Frog's a hardened killer! Nice one.

Anyway, this is an awesome idea for a thread. I love it.
    Radar
    Radar

Post  Radar 23.07.09 19:58

It pretty much started for me way back in sixth grade, when me and my friend Matthew we're messing around with his little walmart automatic. I went inside and pretty much found airsplat right away, saw a UTG L96 and ordered my father to get it for Christmas. He thought they were cool and bought me it. So me and my friend Matthew started a team called BTA (Bremen Tactical airsoft,) later to be renamed Monsters Airsoft, and joined our local league, consisting of Monsters Airsoft, Wolf Pack, Team Phoenix, and The Spartans. Pretty much everyone on my team dropped out, the same with team phoenix, so this year, we all came together as wolf pack and joined the SAAL.
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze 24.07.09 0:42

My dad started me off with airsoft guns from paintball. He bought used airsoft guns and built paintball guns. One day we want to airsoft atlanta and i got a clacker mp5(inside joke).Every time i want to florida i buy guns from flea markets. Zartan my uncle want to church and played their vinyards. Then moved on to fat city and then started the business.
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 27.07.09 1:14

Well 6 years ago back in the 3rd grade one of my good friends, Stanford, newnan airsoft player told me about airsoft. After a lot of convincing my mom took me to the local army navy store in Jonesboro and I got my first gun, a springer 1911 and a sticky target. I got home and shot that bad boy and it was awesome. One day I was bored so I shot myselfbin the foot with the pistol and it hurt. So one day I was surfing onshorty USA and saw a mini electric aug. Stanford had a mini electric ak and I wanted to compete. I ordered it for $20. I got that thing loaded it up and shot it. One day another one of my good friends Austin, a.Torras shot me several times with it. That was my first airsoft war except I was just being shot by someone else. For my 10th birthday I got an auto hardball full stock shotgun and I was in awe. Me and my friends took it out back and shot it and watched the bbs go sky high. But it was awesome( in my mind atleast) that december Stanford had a full scale airsoft war with around 6 people and that blew my mind. After that I got a springer beretta that out ranged most of my friends guns. Then I got a panther dpms spring m4 and that thing was cool but was later broken by some friends. After that I was on airsoft hiatus. Then Stanford got a Tokyo marui ak47s in 6th and that was the coolest and most feared thing on the block. Then later my friend price took me to SAC CQB and it was insanely fun after making several trips there and spending over 150 collectivly on rentals I made a deal with my parents about exams. My mom gavee 150 for studyin over 40 hours for my exams. After saving money I went out and boughtbmy first AEG, an echo 1 m249 para. That thing was really cool but was problematic. After that hot mess of a gun I purchased an echo 1 p90 and I fell in love. Stanford had told me about Airdog so one week I went there and bought a bag of bbs, my first Airdog purchase. After talking and getting to know tak he told us about OP: wild turkey at fat city. I went and love it after that I started buying and selling guns and became and Airdog game regular.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 27.07.09 20:38

WP_Radar wrote:It pretty much started for me way back in sixth grade.

lol! lol! lol!
    Sorry . . . to hear someone 14 say that seemed funny at the time!

I started off with UHC spring MP5s from shorty WAY BACK about six or eight years ago . . . then Marui's then UTG clones, then JG . . . got invited to join Chief for a game last Fall and the rest is history! Funny thing is the guy that invited Frog and me to meet Chief hardly EVER plays . . . we call him SQUATCH cuz, like BIGFOOT, he is just a myth! lol!
    jkeeble2
    jkeeble2

Post  jkeeble2 31.07.09 11:49

i contribute my getting into airsoft to one summer where me my brother and some friends were trying to find a creative way to shoot fire works at each other this turned into us going to gables sporting goods where i bought my first airsoft gun a hardball shotgun and that morphed into us buying pieces of pvc pipe and making rocket tubes and i think the rest is history (in retrospect it probably wasnt safest thing running around the woods firing bottle rockets at each other from pvc ziptied to the bottom of a springer m4 but god it was awsome)
    xplodingbunnys
    xplodingbunnys

Post  xplodingbunnys 05.08.09 0:34

Well , got my first gun from a friend so i started buying more guns . But i used to play paintball . So i bought my first good gun about a year ago . From then on i have been playing airsoft .
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 13.08.09 21:19

Paul (Agressor Dog) and I ran XC together. One day he to me, "I have a cool airsoft gun you can buy. It has full metal blah blah internals, gears, blah metal,blah bushings, supercoollleet, you'll pwn." I said sure sounds like fun. Ive been playing with what was "Pauls Team" and now Dagger Unit for almost 2 years now.

On a side note -1 on the buyer/seller list for Paul. That gun was a piece of junk more or less. Though it looked awesome.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 20.08.09 20:30

It all started when I moved to Georgia in late 2005-2006 when I visited a gunshow and purchased my first airsoft gun. I bought what is now and will always be considered crappy, a well P90. Now it may be crappy but when it went up against walmart it did the job. A year would follow before I recieved my second airsoft gun and a year after that I bought a g36 from Airsoft Atlanta. That G36 had my name all over it. It would be only a few months before Airdog Sent my team and I an invatation to the First Game ever hosted at Fatcity. Tak, Zartan You remember! From there I conquered and I went on to play at Area 13 and by the way I forgot to mention I had bought a Toyko Mauri M4 upgraded and TM Thompson also Upgraded. Someone bought our Thompson though. I still own my M4 and G36. Not to get off subject just had to add that in... Well Its thanks to My team that we have come so far. I remember when we had blue jeans and hunting camoflauge.. and walmart guns but that was a long time ago. We have come so far away from that and we are most outright trained better I have to admit but Thats pretty much my story for those who read it. Go Legion!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 23:35