Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+3
Airsoftguy238
navyseal1000
grease
7 posters

KWA OR G & G M4?

grease
    grease

KWA OR G & G M4? Empty KWA OR G & G M4?

Post  grease 17.09.09 22:35

Alright guys and girls here we go. I'm looking at purchasing a new M4. I've narrowed it down to the G and G GR16 series M4 (the R4 carbine to be exact, maybe the commando) or the KWA SR10. I know the sr10 is a brand new gun so most opinions will be based on reviews or specs and not actual experience buy you may have experience with their previous models with similar internal/external features. I am posting this to get some feedback on what your favorite is and would love to hear from people with ACTUAL EXPERIENCE with these guns. Let me know what you think, pros and cons, why you like whichever model you like. So what'll it be, KWA or G and G scratch Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad !!!!!!
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

KWA OR G & G M4? Empty Re: KWA OR G & G M4?

Post  navyseal1000 17.09.09 23:41

Go with the G&G. From what I hear G&G had better pistons and more reliable motors and gears. Even if they say KWA guns are lipo ready, I say they are full of bs, I had a friend a few years ago with a stock KWA G36 with a 11.1 Lipo and it stripped the gears and piston after 1 mag 470 rds.
    My opinion:
    G&G

Post  Guest 18.09.09 0:26

I'd wait till the SR10 came out before you make your decision. The KWA weapons are incredibly strong on the inside, on the contrary of what navyseal1000 said I have experience with multiple KWA M4 series weapons and they are very sturdy, just be wary that reassembling them is not for the fainthearted. However, the current, note how I said current, KWA series M4s have decent at best hopup units, leading to limited accuracy. Dont get me wrong, with a nice TBB and bucking you can get some great results, but I also have experience with 2 G&G M16s (same gun, different barrel length), and the accuracy coming out of the box with G&G is literally enough to satisfy those fond of upgrades. The ROF is also very sound with a 9.6v battery. I'd wait for the SR10 to come out though, then make a decision based on the reviews of others.
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 18.09.09 3:53

Aggressor Dog wrote:I'd wait till the SR10 came out before you make your decision. The KWA weapons are incredibly strong on the inside, on the contrary of what navyseal1000 said I have experience with multiple KWA M4 series weapons and they are very sturdy, just be wary that reassembling them is not for the fainthearted. However, the current, note how I said current, KWA series M4s have decent at best hopup units, leading to limited accuracy. Dont get me wrong, with a nice TBB and bucking you can get some great results, but I also have experience with 2 G&G M16s (same gun, different barrel length), and the accuracy coming out of the box with G&G is literally enough to satisfy those fond of upgrades. The ROF is also very sound with a 9.6v battery. I'd wait for the SR10 to come out though, then make a decision based on the reviews of others.

So your saying KWA and G&G are pretty much the same?
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 18.09.09 6:03

The new KWAs look really promising and the older ones were great aswell but here are some of the difference and similarities:
    G&G

Pushes lower spring
    stock TBB
    Trades(if you even care)
    Similarities:
    Both can handle a lipo
    I think G&G is a wee bit cheaper
    Both full metal
    and for KWAs differences:
    Their new bucking is said to be comparable to fireflys
    Just KWA trades not Marine ones(again if that reaally matters)
    Pushes higher grade spring
    Reassembly is a b&:"$
    And I cant remember if there is anything else

Post  Guest 18.09.09 8:47

No. The KWA , the current series at least, are internal beasts, they can take alot, and I mean alot of punishment without even starting to break down. However, they lack accuracy when unupgraded. The G&G has awesome out of the box performance, better than the KWA, but isnt as sturdy as the KWA series.

Post  |337 18.09.09 8:59

The new KWA's will have a new hop up chamber design as well as new hop up bucking. It should make it comparable to the G&G's accuracy.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 18.09.09 16:09

navyseal1000 wrote:Go with the G&G. From what I hear G&G had better pistons and more reliable motors and gears. Even if they say KWA guns are lipo ready, I say they are full of bs, I had a friend a few years ago with a stock KWA G36 with a 11.1 Lipo and it stripped the gears and piston after 1 mag 470 rds.
    My opinion:
    G&G
    cobs the KWA's are better go with KWA i used to have one and it was great.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 18.09.09 16:12

Yea!....I'm Loving that KWA ....NICE!
    But Get what you want Grease....It's Yo money

Post  Guest 18.09.09 16:50

Well, you need to wait for both to come out to make a proper decision. I have handled both weapons numerous occasions, and not just one sample either, I have run with 3 different KWA M4s, and 2 different G&G M4s, and even with the increased FPS and Prommy TBBs, the CURRENT KWAs do not match the trajectoral (accuracy/range) performance of and out of the box G&G. The case may change with new KWA series, so its best that you wait before buying.
    grease
    grease

Post  grease 18.09.09 18:13

Good to know aggressor Dog. I don't car so much about rof even though I watched the video of the new sr10 on airsoft GI and all I can say is that thing RIPS. I almost got an erection Shocked ! I'm looking for strong and reliable internals, well crafted and sexy externals, and a durable gun overall. I slip sometimes so dont want my baby to go to pieces. Great comments everyone. Keep it rollin.
    grease
    grease

Post  grease 18.09.09 18:14

Can u say erection in this forum? Oops! I didn't read all the rules. Let me know if that's innapropriate and I'll try to watch it. Laughing
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 18.09.09 19:50

grease wrote:Can u say erection in this forum? Laughing

Not without scaring your team-mates!! affraid affraid
    grease
    grease

Post  grease 18.09.09 22:53

Lol...I'd be scared to. OOOOHHHH!! Bada bing, Bada Boom affraid Ok back to the topic.

Post  Guest 19.09.09 20:57

I can say for a fact that internal integrity and external build the KWA is superior. The weapon is a TANK. Just dont try and take out the gearbox unless you want ALOT of trouble fitting it back into the body.
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 19.09.09 21:00

Either way they're both great guns G&G is more accurate and tends to have more range(compared to older KWA's no clue about new ones) but KWA internals are a bit nicer. But both can handle lipo's like champs and both are great guns

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 12:28