Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+13
TrunkMonkey
Q-bald
navyseal1000
BigD
NJSC
Chief
Admin
#CW!!ZERO
Lone Wolf
Airsoftguy238
firby911
Bulldog94
Electioneer
17 posters

Is that a suppressor, or are you just happy to see me?

Electioneer
    Electioneer

Is that a suppressor, or are you just happy to see me? Empty Is that a suppressor, or are you just happy to see me?

Post  Electioneer 04.10.09 13:58

Is that a suppressor, or are you just happy to see me? CIMG0066

Last edited by Electioneer on 05.10.09 14:54; edited 1 time in total
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Is that a suppressor, or are you just happy to see me? Empty Re: Is that a suppressor, or are you just happy to see me?

Post  Bulldog94 04.10.09 16:03

NICE!
    firby911
    firby911

Is that a suppressor, or are you just happy to see me? Empty Re: Is that a suppressor, or are you just happy to see me?

Post  firby911 04.10.09 16:18

Ewww take that off Reed.
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 04.10.09 16:18

Would you rather have the ugly orange tip on there?
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 04.10.09 16:24

a noveske amplifier would look so much better
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 04.10.09 16:34

Airsoftguy238 wrote:a noveske amplifier would look so much better

indeed
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 04.10.09 16:46

Or just a chrome tip

Post  Guest 04.10.09 18:58

does it work at all?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 05.10.09 0:43

Neither. It's a suppressor.
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 05.10.09 7:16

Just when I was thinking that my 249 was long enough and had enough weight on it, you come up with an idea to increase both!!! affraid

Have you lost your mind man! Very Happy

Post  Guest 05.10.09 10:20

I'm just wondering if it does anything. I mean, that gearbox is wrapped up in metal, surrounded by even more metal plate seeing as though the body of the weapon is metal, I could see the main port for sound being the barrel, but seeing that massive foam filled suppresor on there makes me wonder if it actually does do something. I mean, if not, I personally think it looks really cool, I wonder if you can have a suppressed belt-fed weapon in reality, but the idea is cool to me.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 05.10.09 10:48

Holy unnecessary silencer Batman!
    BigD

Post  BigD 05.10.09 16:19

Aggressor Dog wrote:I'm just wondering if it does anything. I mean, that gearbox is wrapped up in metal, surrounded by even more metal plate seeing as though the body of the weapon is metal, I could see the main port for sound being the barrel, but seeing that massive foam filled suppresor on there makes me wonder if it actually does do something. I mean, if not, I personally think it looks really cool, I wonder if you can have a suppressed belt-fed weapon in reality, but the idea is cool to me.
    There was an experimental version of the m60 that had a suppressor on it, but it had a much smaller effect than on a magazine fed weapon due to the sound of the shot being fired also escapes from the ejection port, or rather, more than on a non-belt fed weapon.

Post  Guest 05.10.09 17:09

In reality yes,but in airsoft, the ejection port is totally cosmetic.
    BigD

Post  BigD 05.10.09 17:16

i thought you had asked about reality.
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 05.10.09 17:18

Airsoft it is still pointless. You would probably get made fun at during a mil-sim. Then you have the added weight to your barrel.

And it doesn't look good. I agree, a Noveske amplifier or even a bull barrel would look better.
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 05.10.09 18:33

Ok now that looks plain stupid.....why on Earth would you put a silencer on an M249?
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 05.10.09 18:37

navyseal1000 wrote:Ok now that looks plain stupid.....why on Earth would you put a silencer on an M249?
    He's hunting Wabbits Razz

Post  Guest 05.10.09 19:37

Forget the naysayers Reed, I like it. And if anyone ever makes fun of you for not being "realistic" at a milsim game, all you have to do is point and laugh and say "WE ARE PLAYING WITH BB GUNS".
    BigD

Post  BigD 05.10.09 19:40

Aggressor Dog wrote:Forget the naysayers Reed, I like it. And if anyone ever makes fun of you for not being "realistic" at a milsim game, all you have to do is point and laugh and say "WE ARE PLAYING WITH BB GUNS".
    Or you could say that the SAS use m249s capable of being suppressed, which is true...
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 05.10.09 19:50

Yea, but I suppose you couldn't fire a RS with a suppressor for very long. The whole melting thing might be an issue unless you have a 1336 h4x suppressor.

Post  Guest 05.10.09 19:50

Interesting...I've never heard of that. Where did you hear it from? Perhaps a link to the info...or did you see it on MilChannel?
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 05.10.09 19:57

Well I was just assuming off of my little knowledge of RS. If the barrels of M249s can get screwed after a couple hundred rounds or so I am not sure how a suppressor would hold up. Again, minimal knowledge.
    TrunkMonkey
    TrunkMonkey

Post  TrunkMonkey 05.10.09 21:08

There are suppressors made just for 249s in real life.

So its not far fetch but no one would use it.
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 05.10.09 21:09

they don't call me a airsoft rang-a fo nothing...HOORAH!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.04.24 6:55