Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

3 posters

MAG brand magazine springs?

Corpsman
    Corpsman

MAG brand magazine springs? Empty MAG brand magazine springs?

Post  Corpsman 22.10.09 0:00

At present, i'm looking to borrow some expertise from Metro Atlanta.

I'm currently having issues with my MAG brand mid-caps. They worked like a charm up until recently, but currently I have issues getting them to feed properly. The magazines are taped (electrical) to fit into my rifle more effectively, (AGM full metal M4A1) but the issue seems to be in the spring. I cannot get every round to feed through the mag, most seem to only be able to get off thirty rounds before I have to remove them and hit the mag against my helmet. After taking the springs out I can see that some are incredibly weak, which leads me to believe they need to be replaced in order to function correctly. Where in the world would I go about finding springs for the mags? I made a cursory search on Google, Airsoft GI, and a few other sites without much result.

In short: Where should I be looking, How much should I expect to pay, and are they any other solutions i have missed.

Thanks in advance.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

MAG brand magazine springs? Empty Re: MAG brand magazine springs?

Post  NJSC 22.10.09 0:02

You can also take the spring out and stretch it out a little bit. That should do it, but only stretch slightly don't make it into a string.
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 22.10.09 0:17

Yea, I took them out and stretched them about 4-5 inches out. Also if you have 100% silicone oil hit the spring with that. That fixed any feeding issues I had and they feed perfectly now.
    Corpsman
    Corpsman

Post  Corpsman 22.10.09 1:26

NJSC wrote:You can also take the spring out and stretch it out a little bit. That should do it, but only stretch slightly don't make it into a string.

Thanks, i'll definitely give it a go.
    Corpsman
    Corpsman

Post  Corpsman 22.10.09 1:27

Electioneer wrote:Yea, I took them out and stretched them about 4-5 inches out. Also if you have 100% silicone oil hit the spring with that. That fixed any feeding issues I had and they feed perfectly now.

Thanks Reed, will definitely look into both. I love my midcaps; but this is, quite literally, killing me in-game.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 10:11