Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+11
NJSC
Bulldog94
{ACE}Steve-o
Airsoftguy238
Newnan Airsoft Player
Retherford
Crazy Twitch
Q-bald
Lone Wolf
xplodingbunnys
Ghost35
15 posters

Need to join a new team.

Ghost35
    Ghost35

Need to join a new team. Empty Need to join a new team.

Post  Ghost35 16.11.09 15:34

Hello all. New to the forums and Airsoft and I wanted to join a team that is into the sport. Was kicked off of the Coweta County Rangers due to a number of problems with the leader and I over not being able to afford some of the equipment he wanted me to get and all. Would like to join a team based in Gwinnett or Marietta.

Need to join a new team. Empty Re: Need to join a new team.

Post  Guest 16.11.09 15:46

Speaking of Cowetta County "Rangers" , I don't want to sound like a jerk, which is why I've only broughten this up once, but alot of my peers here who are prior service take a look at my airsoft pics on facebook and get pretty offended when they see people wearing or using unit eblems/names that they dont own. For example, I saw someone at the free game wearing the diagonal lines of the 3rd Infantry division, and my bud who is in the 3rd Infantry saw that on facebook and said to me "So what did you do when you saw that?", I said "Well...nothing" , and he flipped his perverbial s***. Same thing with the Coweta County Rangers, listen guys, Im not trying to be mean, Im just letting yall know, when the guys who poured their blood sweat and tears into earning the right to call themselves Infantry, Rangers, SF, etc etc see some random guy wearing their insignia or using their names they get very very offended. Ive also had a number of people come and tell me that when I play airsoft I need to make sure no one is wearing the American Flag patch unless they are in service or in a military program (JROTC, ROTC, Pre-enlistment, etc). I myself really dont care about the flag patch, but believe me guys, people are looking at these photos and coming to me personally and yelling at me for not correcting it. So please, if you have any courtesy or respect for those who serve in the armed forces, leave the things that they EARNED to them, be it a patch, crest, insignia, or even just a name.

Also forgot to add that impersonating uniformed government personel (police, postal workers, military), wearing a police badge if your not a police officer is just as illegal as wearing a Ranger Tab if your not a Ranger (or Ranger Qualified).
    Ghost35
    Ghost35

Post  Ghost35 16.11.09 16:12

I know right. Im in the army reserve currently and the leader of the team was calling me a phony and all that. WTF did he think i was doing all summer? Sitting on my butt? And it just pisses me off at the level of disrespect he has for people, expecting them to get all of this crap for the team etc. hes not going to make it. But are there any teams out there that might be able to take me in?
    xplodingbunnys
    xplodingbunnys

Post  xplodingbunnys 16.11.09 16:45

Aggressor wrote:Speaking of Cowetta County "Rangers" , I don't want to sound like a jerk, which is why I've only broughten this up once, but alot of my peers here who are prior service take a look at my airsoft pics on facebook and get pretty offended when they see people wearing or using unit eblems/names that they dont own. For example, I saw someone at the free game wearing the diagonal lines of the 3rd Infantry division, and my bud who is in the 3rd Infantry saw that on facebook and said to me "So what did you do when you saw that?", I said "Well...nothing" , and he flipped his perverbial s***. Same thing with the Coweta County Rangers, listen guys, Im not trying to be mean, Im just letting yall know, when the guys who poured their blood sweat and tears into earning the right to call themselves Infantry, Rangers, SF, etc etc see some random guy wearing their insignia or using their names they get very very offended. Ive also had a number of people come and tell me that when I play airsoft I need to make sure no one is wearing the American Flag patch unless they are in service or in a military program (JROTC, ROTC, Pre-enlistment, etc). I myself really dont care about the flag patch, but believe me guys, people are looking at these photos and coming to me personally and yelling at me for not correcting it. So please, if you have any courtesy or respect for those who serve in the armed forces, leave the things that they EARNED to them, be it a patch, crest, insignia, or even just a name.

Also forgot to add that impersonating uniformed government personel (police, postal workers, military), wearing a police badge if your not a police officer is just as illegal as wearing a Ranger Tab if your not a Ranger (or Ranger Qualified).
    + 1,000,000
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 16.11.09 17:17

Aggressor wrote:Speaking of Cowetta County "Rangers" , I don't want to sound like a jerk, which is why I've only broughten this up once, but alot of my peers here who are prior service take a look at my airsoft pics on facebook and get pretty offended when they see people wearing or using unit eblems/names that they dont own. For example, I saw someone at the free game wearing the diagonal lines of the 3rd Infantry division, and my bud who is in the 3rd Infantry saw that on facebook and said to me "So what did you do when you saw that?", I said "Well...nothing" , and he flipped his perverbial s***. Same thing with the Coweta County Rangers, listen guys, Im not trying to be mean, Im just letting yall know, when the guys who poured their blood sweat and tears into earning the right to call themselves Infantry, Rangers, SF, etc etc see some random guy wearing their insignia or using their names they get very very offended. Ive also had a number of people come and tell me that when I play airsoft I need to make sure no one is wearing the American Flag patch unless they are in service or in a military program (JROTC, ROTC, Pre-enlistment, etc). I myself really dont care about the flag patch, but believe me guys, people are looking at these photos and coming to me personally and yelling at me for not correcting it. So please, if you have any courtesy or respect for those who serve in the armed forces, leave the things that they EARNED to them, be it a patch, crest, insignia, or even just a name.

The law speaks for itself. And airsoft is only a hobby not the real millitary.

I live 10 minutes south of woodstock. HW 92 @ HWY 5 to give you a idea where at. There are fields all over, and I think arkenstone is going to start hosting airsoft games more frequently. None of us require any specific loadouts or patches. Just come as you are.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 16.11.09 17:54

Yea man, Just show up to some Op's and run with different peeps and see which ones you fit in with the best. Every one on here have always welcomed new people and most do not require certain guns or gear. Hope to see ya on the field man.
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 16.11.09 18:03

Q-bald wrote:Yea man, Just show up to some Op's and run with different peeps and see which ones you fit in with the best. Every one on here have always welcomed new people and most do not require certain guns or gear. Hope to see ya on the field man.

+1
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 16.11.09 18:36

I agree totally, though I dont understand why they would get pissed about a flag. We are all citizens of the United States. Isnt that qualification enough? Maybe I would understand if a french guy wore one and they were pissed about that. People wear stuff with flags on them all the time.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 16.11.09 18:49

Retherford wrote:I agree totally, though I dont understand why they would get pissed about a flag. We are all citizens of the United States. Isnt that qualification enough? Maybe I would understand if a french guy wore one and they were pissed about that. People wear stuff with flags on them all the time.
    I completely agree
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 16.11.09 18:51

Retherford wrote:I agree totally, though I dont understand why they would get pissed about a flag. We are all citizens of the United States. Isnt that qualification enough? Maybe I would understand if a french guy wore one and they were pissed about that. People wear stuff with flags on them all the time.
    Qft
    Its not like people are wearing burning american flags or anything flag related thats provocative. I wear an american flag on my pc and so does cody and I dont think it would be offensive to those who are/have serving/served
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 16.11.09 19:10

+100000

It pisses me off seeing ppl wear patches. Heck, one kid was yelling "AIRBORNE RANGERS, HOOAH!" at the free game. I wanted to kick him in the balls so bad......(he was only about 15).....

But ghost, there are teams ALL over GA that don't require all that nonsense. I am a team leader but we are located in Newnan. However your more than welcome to run alongside us at any upcoming OP.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 16.11.09 20:14

aggresser I wear the 3rd ID patch, It represents my team as an infantry unit, we do not identify ourselves as members of the 3rd Infantry devision. I completely agree with the fact that No One should wear the Ranger Tap unless they earn it but that still doesnt stop idiots from wearing it... no offense to anyone who has done this; but theres a difference between wearing a patch and identifing yourself as a member of that unit..etc. But just so we can clear up any confusion, I will remove the 3rd ID patch from my jacket since it has offended individuals. I do respect the fact that Men And Women serving our country have died wearing that patch while protecting freedom. I do not wish to desecrate the 3rd ID or any other unit of the Armed Forces.

Last edited by Bulldog94 on 16.11.09 20:30; edited 1 time in total
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 16.11.09 20:20

to the OP you are going to have to run with some guys before they open up for you to join their team. Granted some teams may say that they are "open" but it's pretty much all invite only. Not trying to discourage you, just saying that Airsoft is a pretty tight knit sport and it will take a little while. First thing I would do is just come to some of the ops and ask people what teams they are on. Then if you decide that you would like to join up with one of them send them an email or a PM expressing interest in joining their team. There will probably be a window of time where they look at how you play, your attitude, equipment, etc. and then make a judgment call. That's how it usually goes, and it's not a quick thing. Heck I ran with SOTHG and Dagger Unit for a few months before I officially became part of the team.
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 16.11.09 20:21

Bulldog94 wrote:

aggresser I wear the 3rd ID patch, It represents my team as an infantry unit, we do not identify ourselfs as members of the 3rd Infantry devision.

But your team is not an infantry unit.....it's an airsoft team....shooting plastic bb's....either way it is disrespectful to those who earned the right to wear that patch.
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 16.11.09 20:22

Yea, and you don't even need to worry about that in our area. ATM most of the teams are pretty open to different players.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 16.11.09 20:23

Bulldog94 wrote: aggresser I wear the 3rd ID patch, It represents my team as an infantry unit, we do not identify ourselfs as members of the 3rd Infantry devision.

This thread has gotten way off topic, but Aggressor is simply telling you his experience with the views and beliefs of those he has talked to who are actually active in the military. He is not trying to point people out and say "Hey you are being stupid," he's simply pointing to what people tell him.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 16.11.09 20:25

NJSC wrote:to the OP you are going to have to run with some guys before they open up for you to join their team. Granted some teams may say that they are "open" but it's pretty much all invite only. Not trying to discourage you, just saying that Airsoft is a pretty tight knit sport and it will take a little while. First thing I would do is just come to some of the ops and ask people what teams they are on. Then if you decide that you would like to join up with one of them send them an email or a PM expressing interest in joining their team. There will probably be a window of time where they look at how you play, your attitude, equipment, etc. and then make a judgment call. That's how it usually goes, and it's not a quick thing. Heck I ran with SOTHG and Dagger Unit for a few months before I officially became part of the team.

In other words: Don't be a jerk, Don't bring a Walmart gun, and call your hits!
    If you can manage to achieve these three things...any team will welcome you.
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 16.11.09 20:27

Q-bald wrote:
    NJSC wrote:to the OP you are going to have to run with some guys before they open up for you to join their team. Granted some teams may say that they are "open" but it's pretty much all invite only. Not trying to discourage you, just saying that Airsoft is a pretty tight knit sport and it will take a little while. First thing I would do is just come to some of the ops and ask people what teams they are on. Then if you decide that you would like to join up with one of them send them an email or a PM expressing interest in joining their team. There will probably be a window of time where they look at how you play, your attitude, equipment, etc. and then make a judgment call. That's how it usually goes, and it's not a quick thing. Heck I ran with SOTHG and Dagger Unit for a few months before I officially became part of the team.

In other words: Don't be a jerk, Don't bring a Walmart gun, and call your hits!
    If you can manage to achieve these three things...any team will welcome you.

lol. That sums it up for u ghost!
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 16.11.09 20:48

Yeah, like NJSC said most teams are not "open" per say, I know we have accepted players that start to play with us frequently as long as they have a good attitude and play to have fun. IC, is the same way, we over the summer accepted Corbin (aka firby on the forum), as a member with our team because he was a kid who was just like us in our game play, he likes to play hard and rough, but also can call himself out when he takes a hit. But just start going to games, I know the "IC tent" is a usual hangout place during the games, teams like Dagger, SOTHG, Ace of Spades, and us (Immortal Casualties) all are situated under our tent, so if u need a place to hang during the games just look for our tent. We should be getting our SAAL banner this weekend, so it will be hung from our tent, so all you will need to do is look for the Immortal Casualties banner. Those 4 teams always represent at games so you will have quite a variety to talk to, and normally our teams all run together during OPS and other games.
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]

Post  WPeake23 [SOTHG] 16.11.09 20:49

Camo too. You look a lot better with some camo. Maybe even a vest?
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 16.11.09 20:57

Again this gear is expensive guys, the reason he left the other team.

Okay just to set some things clear, Mil-Sim is a very big part of airsoft. A lot of events revolve around stories created about different sides and divisions. It would do you good to actually read up on events that happened to get a better idea of what we mean. A lot of these events do require certain camo patterns to identify different teams. Or different gear. For example lets say there is a Event going on and there are three different teams. The storyline of the event involves a third world country, crawling with smugglers and terrorist. You have the nations homeland forces, then the U.S. intervention assisting the third world nation and the terrorist make up the OPFOR. Or you could have a fourth team as another nation getting assisted by the OPFOR to control the area. Identification is done by camoflauge. None of this flag tape, or brightly colored jumpsuits. Thats why airsoft is NOT paintball.

If you are looking to just do simple woodsball games though with airsoft guns you do not need to "look good" for it. But the camo and good guns help. If you come to any of the smaller events that appear on the NW Georgia event thread you'll see.
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]

Post  Markerscope1 [SOTHG] 24.11.09 14:12

Lone Wolf wrote:Again this gear is expensive guys, the reason he left the other team.

simple camo (woodland bdu) can be bought at my local thrift store for about $5
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 24.11.09 14:43

Lone Wolf wrote:Again this gear is expensive guys, the reason he left the other team.

Not if you look in the right places. Plus like Mark said, yiu can get it for $15 even $5 sometimes.
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 24.11.09 14:46

Crazy Twitch wrote:

Not if you look in the right places. Plus like Mark said, yiu can get it for $15 even $5 sometimes.

True but I am mainly talking about the MC, MARPAT patterns which are real popular among frequently playing teams
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 24.11.09 15:17

Lone Wolf wrote:
    Crazy Twitch wrote:

True but I am mainly talking about the MC, MARPAT patterns which are real popular among frequently playing teams

Our team pattern is Marpat and its not expensive at all.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 8:11