Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+11
Blackhawk 5
Airsoftguy238
scooter
firby911
sniper2525
Tinman
Q-bald
xplodingbunnys
Rhino
NJSC
15 posters

Looking for some new boots

NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Looking for some new boots Empty Looking for some new boots

Post  NJSC 27.11.09 23:35

So as many of you have seen my el cheapo boots, I was thinking about getting some new ones, but I don't know the first thing about boots. So I'd like to get your opinions.

Requirements-
    Has to come in a 14-15 size
    Must be comfortable
    Around the $100.00 mark
    Speed laces

That's about it let me know what you guys think and if you guys have experience with them that's always a plus.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Looking for some new boots Empty Re: Looking for some new boots

Post  Rhino 28.11.09 0:40

I love mine! By far the best boot I have had. They dont quit meet your price mark but they have other models that do. I have the Belleville 795 which is a goretex true waterproof boot. Pricing is 150.00 though. The non-waterproof models are a little cheaper. These boots are no break in required and are SO comfortable. I have worn them for 18 hours straight and still didnt need to take them off.
    xplodingbunnys
    xplodingbunnys

Post  xplodingbunnys 28.11.09 2:48

I bought some from the army navy store for 40 bucks. Great boots, they have great traction and they r super awesome fit. Water kind of gets in them if u just stand in a puddle for like 5 mins but if your running around in them in the rain , your feet will stay dry . I forgot the brand but they pretty much r all the same .
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 28.11.09 3:07

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I just found those 795's for 130.00
    Keep the suggestions coming.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 28.11.09 8:32

Those 795 boots look NICE!....I bought a pair of surplus Jump boots that looked awesome but after 4 hrs, My feet were killing me and I vowed to never wear them again.
    I now where KEEN brand boots that someone gave me a while back...Not very Tactical but extremely comfortable.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 28.11.09 9:01

Q-bald wrote:I now where KEEN brand boots that someone gave me a while back...Not very Tactical but extremely comfortable.
    Too Funny . . . us old guys are function over form huh?? I wear Merrell's and Asolo's . . . not mil-spec but OH SO COMFY!
    The Asolo Echo comes in a color scheme that goes great with most camo and they can be had for under $100 from www.sierratradingpost.com
    If you want military style check out the closeout pages from www.lapolicegear.com or www.botachtactical.com

Post  |337 28.11.09 10:01

sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 28.11.09 12:28

i got the converse tactical boots and they are the most comftorable boots i have ever owned and they wer like 70 bucks
    firby911
    firby911

Post  firby911 28.11.09 14:38

If i had that kind of money for boots i would probably pick up a set of Oakley si,i hear there amazing,alot of sf are issued them so there gtg but im kinda partial to anything Oakley.
    scooter
    scooter

Post  scooter 28.11.09 17:56

merrels! i loooove mine
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 28.11.09 20:45

I dont have a suggestion but the TruSpec boots Ive got that ive got from the FP Army Navy are terrible. If the grass is wet the whole boot gets wet. Then when the whole boot gets wet it feels like there are 10 pound weights in each, so basically steer clear of truspec
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 28.11.09 20:53

another awesome waterproof boot is the Danner TFX GTX. I would like a set even though I already have a set of high boots.
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Post  Blackhawk 5 29.11.09 8:58

I use these for my airsofting needs. And for only $3 such a steal. Only problem was the ants at BZP Sad
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 29.11.09 9:54

looks like they only fit one of my requirements
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 29.11.09 14:33

The only problem with true waterproof boots (GTX layer) is that if you ever feel like going for a swim, which I occasionally will do, then the water's pretty much stuck in your boot.

Post  Guest 29.11.09 15:42

Well, you have to ask yourself if you want to go through a breakin period or not. For the older guys, like Tinman and QBald, a breakin period for boots is out of the question and not neccessary, they have fulltime jobs and dont need the blisters and "hamburger feet" that accompany breaking a new pair of boots in. However, I can guarantee you that no boot in the world will fit you better and feel as good as a pair that you have completely broken into your foot. Its not a fun or pleasurable process though. So, the question is, do you want a pair of boots that is already comfortable or one that you need to break in?
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 29.11.09 16:04

I don't mind a break in period.
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 07.12.09 4:25

I use these crappy rainboots from WalMart for $20. I know they suck but they keep your feet dry, just not comfortable to wear for long periods of time. I would recommend getting some good boots from Airdog or AA. Someplace like that, sorry to thread crap just putting this out there, lol.
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 07.12.09 11:05

I have the Oakley SI assault boots. No break-in necessary. By far the most comfortable boots I have ever worn, like tennis shoes! I hear what Aggressor is saying about the break-in period and having been in the military I have broken-in my share, but I would much rather "break-in" a pair of Oakley's than your standard military issue. (and yes, I am in the "older crowd" Smile ) I know someone in federal law enforcement and he was able to get me the Oakley SI's for $120 including shipping. Military and law enforcement can get a discount at Oakley.

My son-in-law said he likes the Altama EXOSpeed. His Oakley SI's only lasted him about 5-6 months in Iraq. He said his Altama's were very comfortable and lasted much longer. Of course he was putting a serious beating on his boots (Army infantry in Iraq before the "draw down", miles every day), much more than you or I will put our boots through playing airsoft.
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 19.01.10 22:08

I have been wearing a pair of Bates M9's for about 3-4 years now. I have done several road marches in them. They have been to the Former Republic of Georgia (souther border of Russia), and I am currantly wearing them in Afghanistan. NO break-in required. They were right at $100 when I bought them. I think one of my guys said they were now closer to $120ish. A few of my guys are wearing the Blackhawk boot and really dig them. I am also told the Converse are super nice. The Oakley's are also nice but don't seem to hold up all that well.

Hope this helps.
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Post  Blackhawk 5 09.03.10 22:03

looking for some coyote/tan boots under $100, has anyone experience with Bates Durashocks?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 01.05.24 20:38