Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+6
scooter
NJSC
#CW!!ZERO
airsoftsniper25
reconsniperga
xplodingbunnys
10 posters

Sniper's . what kind should i get

Gunny1.5
    Gunny1.5

Sniper's . what kind should i get - Page 2 Empty Re: Sniper's . what kind should i get

Post  Gunny1.5 30.11.09 0:11

yeah i know, i just think it is a sick gun.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Sniper's . what kind should i get - Page 2 Empty Re: Sniper's . what kind should i get

Post  #CW!!ZERO 30.11.09 1:05

Gunny1.5 wrote:yeah i know, i just think it is a sick gun.

Actually they are not very good rifles at all, they suck extremely bad for the price. Thats about how much our rifles cost and they would run circles around that gun.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 30.11.09 13:36

Here is just a little preview of what my rifle this summer is going to consist of, for the base rifle I will be buying a broken JG Bar-10 off airsoft atlanta then for the internals and externals this is what im doing
    PDI Boreup Palsonite Vaccumm Cylinder Set $210
    PDI Boreup Reciever $108
    PDI SS 5000 Spring $33
    PDI Boreup V-Trigger $133
    PDI Bull Barrel Base $49
    PDI Front Bull Barrel L Flute $100
    PDI Bull Barrel Cap $19
    Nineball Hopup Bucking $17
    EdGI Custom 555mm 6.00mm ported barrel $120
    Secret Part that Nick wants to know about $50

Altogether totaling $839

Most of that stuff isnt nesessary if your going to do soley internal upgrades, but this time I am doing my Vsr-10 up right and now know what parts to get and not have to dillydally around with stuff that doesnt work.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 30.11.09 16:50

russ sounds sick thats guna merc!!!!

mine vsr-10
    tokyo marui base
    pdi bull barrel
    pdi fluted barrel extention
    laylax piston
    laylax 170 adn 190 spring
    laylax reinforced sears
    laylax ball bearing spring guid
    laylax cylinder head
    laylax teflon cylinder
    laylax 6.03 550 mm barrel
    nine ball hopup rubber
    and i have built the gun over a 4 year time period
    then this summer new parts that nick doesnt no about lol
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 30.11.09 18:15

All great info from Russ and Trent! Allot of people go with the L96's (me included) but your much better off going with the BAR-10 because parts are easier to get and you'll have more options. By the time you get done, all of your internals will probably be aftermarket.

One thing to remember is that 90% of the FPS limits are based on .20s and range from 500 FPS - 600 FPS. AIRDog's FPS limit for single shot is currently 550 with .20s. One thing that chafes my "butt" is people who run a higher fps and chrono with a heavier bb! That is the equivalent of not calling your hit's in a game! Some fields are tight on fps and some aren't. It sure would suck to spend a ton of time and money on a gun, thinking you're going to "get away" with using it on the field, show up at the chrono station, the ref put's their own .20's in, it shoots too hot, and the gun can't be used! There's always target practice I guess.

Here is some excellent info on why putting a heavier bb in your gun doesn't make it "okay":
    http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/articles/fps_limits/fps_calc.htm

A heavier bb will hit with the same amount of force (joules), or a slightly higher force depending on factors like range, hop-up and some other more technical ones like temperature and humidity. (This is what Aggressor was saying)

FPS limits are set for safety and a true airsoft sniper will take that into consideration. You can "fine tune" your gun (based on the field regs), like Russ said, and therefore not have to "cheat" with illegal FPS to get the kills.

Reiterating what Russ said, it's not all about fps. You can get it right at 550 but it's a massive waste of time if it doesn't shoot straight on a consistent basis.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 30.11.09 20:40

Also some fields will work with you if your gun is hot. Higher MED, knowing your character and responsibility all play into that.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 30.11.09 20:52

well before every airdog game i no russ and i both make sure that we both have the springs that run 550 we makes sure not to shoot hot...
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 01.12.09 2:52

Yeah, Chief is exactly right, even though it may be shooting 420 with .36g bb's it still hits just as hard as it shooting 600+ with .2g bb's. Some fields will work with you but a good bit of fields also will not, but when me and Trent are out there we make sure to throw our M170's back in the cylinder.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 8:10