Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+5
Blackhawk 5
Tinman
Airsoftguy238
#CW!!ZERO
Bulldog94
9 posters

Making a guide to What to do when a Police Officer is called because you have airsoft!

Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Making a guide to What to do when a Police Officer is called because you have airsoft! Empty Making a guide to What to do when a Police Officer is called because you have airsoft!

Post  Bulldog94 18.12.09 19:43

Ok.. Ive been watching some videos on how kids are getting the Police called on them because their guns look real. Well I got the idea Why dont I make a video demonstrating what you should do in the case that you are stopped by the Police or you have the Police called on you.. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have some ideas..
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Making a guide to What to do when a Police Officer is called because you have airsoft! Empty Re: Making a guide to What to do when a Police Officer is called because you have airsoft!

Post  #CW!!ZERO 18.12.09 19:50

Well as long as you are on an actual field following the rules and being repsonsible there should be no reason for the cops to ever get called on yourself. I know many people frown upon people playing in their backyards, but as long as you are a smart responsible person nothing like that will ever happen. We used to play in my backyard with around 30 people every weekend and never had a problem. We were smart and played on our 9 arce backyard where we could never be seen, we even talked to all our neighbors about it just in case they were walking in their backyard so they wouldnt get freaked out. Thats all u have to do to prevent this situation. You will not get called on if noone is there to see you to get called on.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Making a guide to What to do when a Police Officer is called because you have airsoft! Empty Re: Making a guide to What to do when a Police Officer is called because you have airsoft!

Post  Bulldog94 18.12.09 19:55

#CW!!ZERO wrote:Well as long as you are on an actual field following the rules and being repsonsible there should be no reason for the cops to ever get called on yourself. I know many people frown upon people playing in their backyards, but as long as you are a smart responsible person nothing like that will ever happen. We used to play in my backyard with around 30 people every weekend and never had a problem. We were smart and played on our 9 arce backyard where we could never be seen, we even talked to all our neighbors about it just in case they were walking in their backyard so they wouldnt get freaked out. Thats all u have to do to prevent this situation. You will not get called on if noone is there to see you to get called on.

exactly, but im makinga video on what to do for the people who like to wave them around in public... lol
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 18.12.09 19:56

I think pointing your gun at thrm a yelling call your hit as loud as possible might help
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 18.12.09 19:58

[quote="Airsoftguy238"]I think pointing your gun at thrm a yelling call your hit as loud as possible might help

hahahah lol good one Max lol!
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 18.12.09 20:30

Airsoftguy238 wrote:I think pointing your gun at thrm a yelling call your hit as loud as possible might help
    lol! lol! lol!

Post  Guest 18.12.09 20:45

Well, I'd start by either A) Leaving the premises as fast as possible or B) If the cops have already arrived, Id put the weapon down, put it out of arms reach with magazine taken out and disgarded int he opposite direction, get on both knees, cross my ankles, and put both hands on top of my head. This is the universal stature of surrender.
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Post  Blackhawk 5 18.12.09 23:21

I personally have deal with this experience before. It was long ago when I started playing airsoft, just got my new spring pistol and a few friends came over. Before we knew of such fields, we played in a clearing next to my house...bad mistake as its near a road and residential. Sooner or later the police arrived, guns drawn. All basically to do is follow their commands... don't or you get shot. The police officers would usually tell you to hold your hands in the air, drop the gun, etc. One of them verified the guns were "toys" and we had a discussion with the cops, no charges or arrests since technically still was on our property. Havent even went outside my house with an airsoft gun ever since.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 19.12.09 8:26

Well I had to spoken to my father about this if it ever happens... b/c in some situations we are in our front yard.. but anyway he simply said stay where you are at. Dont move(because the slightest mood can get you shot) Do as the officer instructs you. Never touch the airsoft rifle/pistol without the officer first telling you to. When the officer asks tell him it is an airsoft gun. Simple right well not for some who havent followed these steps and have been shot or killed. Which brings me to my next issue... I am probley not going to make a video because i dont want some idiot coming out trying to sue because he some how was injured or what not..
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 19.12.09 10:18

Bulldog94 wrote: b/c in some situations we are in our front yard

This is exactly what you are not supposed to do and is what many people frown upon because it gives airsofters a bad rep.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 19.12.09 11:47

#CW!!ZERO wrote:
    Bulldog94 wrote: b/c in some situations we are in our front yard

This is exactly what you are not supposed to do and is what many people frown upon because it gives airsofters a bad rep.

no.. i mean like we are about to leave for an airsoft event and happen to be standing out in my front lawn... but not like shooting. Im not giving airsoft a bad rep for standing in my front lawn lol
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 19.12.09 20:16

Well you should have your guns in gun cases not opposing any threat to the public, and police arent going to question you just because you are wearing ACU's.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 19.12.09 21:04

igzactly use common sence buddy i shouldnt be walking outside with a replica firearm in the first place. When we played a russ's we staged in his back yard and carried guns in gun cases so no one would be alarmed. just use common scense
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 19.12.09 23:05

Excatly. Were im from, we have golf carts in which we ride around town and stuff. The other day I saw a friend of mine with his gun laying in his lap while driving the golf cart with the gun in plain view. I stopped him and told him that if he is going to be carrying a replica of the real thing and playing airsoft, he should conceal it when around or near the general public. To me if you didn't know what airsoft was and you saw a kid with an exact replica M4 rolling around on a golf cart or even i guess a car. Your going to be a little worried and scared.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 20.12.09 10:55

#CW!!ZERO wrote:Well you should have your guns in gun cases not opposing any threat to the public, and police arent going to question you just because you are wearing ACU's.

well you never know.. people could be afraid.. and if i had a case dont you think i would put it in one?
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 20.12.09 11:46

Bulldog94 wrote:
    #CW!!ZERO wrote:Well you should have your guns in gun cases not opposing any threat to the public, and police arent going to question you just because you are wearing ACU's.

well you never know.. people could be afraid.. and if i had a case dont you think i would put it in one?

I use a guitar case for one of my rifles....It's so Gangsta! afro
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 20.12.09 19:53

Q-bald wrote:
    Bulldog94 wrote:

I use a guitar case for one of my rifles....It's so Gangsta! afro

nice QBald
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 20.01.10 17:53

Well, let's see...........My boys and their friends will have their airsoft guns out in the neighborhood. None of the guns are painted and the orange tip is visible. I am the cop that lives on the street and none of the neighbors has ever said anything to me. None of the boys are allowed to play with the guns at night. It is a one street neighborhood. I had spoken to all the boys here about them, and how dangerouse it can be. The Police are not the only ones with guns. The little old widow just down the street might have a 12ga shotty and thinks she is about to be the victim of a home invasion....know what I mean?

If you and/or your friends are ever approached by the Police, put the weapon on the ground, keep your hands visible, and follow all directions you are given. DO NOT MAKE ANY SUDDEN MOVEMENTS!!!!!!!!! DO NOT RUN!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 20.01.10 18:47

Andy wrote:Well, let's see...........My boys and their friends will have their airsoft guns out in the neighborhood. None of the guns are painted and the orange tip is visible. I am the cop that lives on the street and none of the neighbors has ever said anything to me. None of the boys are allowed to play with the guns at night. It is a one street neighborhood. I had spoken to all the boys here about them, and how dangerouse it can be. The Police are not the only ones with guns. The little old widow just down the street might have a 12ga shotty and thinks she is about to be the victim of a home invasion....know what I mean?

If you and/or your friends are ever approached by the Police, put the weapon on the ground, keep your hands visible, and follow all directions you are given. DO NOT MAKE ANY SUDDEN MOVEMENTS!!!!!!!!! DO NOT RUN!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah... Well I had talked to my dad about the thing and he is lawenforcement as well and he said that I dont want to make a guide because someone could sue if something went wrong.. so.. and yeah hes taught me what to do in the case that an officer does encounter me with my rifle...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 9:49