Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+9
LORD TYRANT
Bulldog94
NJSC
Q-bald
Crazy Twitch
scooter
Newnan Airsoft Player
Blaze
just some kid
13 posters

Paying for multiplayer?!

just some kid
    just some kid

Paying for multiplayer?! Empty Paying for multiplayer?!

Post  just some kid 21.07.10 0:42

So I got home today and was reading my Xbox Mag and apparently a lot of major game companies (EA, Activision, Bioware, etc) are planning on charging for multiplayer starting next year. the first game is gonna be tiger woods pga tour 11. they'll charge $10 a month for the mp. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is planned to be $15 a month. What are the thoughts on this? (oh and when this starts Playstation will start charging for online or at least multiplayer)

Paying for multiplayer?! Empty Re: Paying for multiplayer?!

Post  Guest 21.07.10 0:48

Its insulting. Players ALREADY pay for XBOX Live, which I find stupid in the first place. This companies are just pulling out money they KNOW they will get, they have no sense of worth for their customers, only the desire to pocket their income.
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze 21.07.10 1:05

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i will not be paying online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 21.07.10 2:15

yeah I don't think it will go through. They will lose to many customers to were they will be loosing money by charging extra money.
    scooter
    scooter

Post  scooter 21.07.10 7:10

If they charge for multiplayer I wont be playing! I have much better things to spend $ on! lol
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 21.07.10 8:29

Xbox Live is already $50 a year. I wont be paying an extra $15 to play a specific game.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 21.07.10 9:12

PS3 LIVE is free (less what it cost for internet)
    I already get Pwned by little kids at MW2.
    No way would I pay for that.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 21.07.10 9:51

Newnan Airsoft Player wrote:yeah I don't think it will go through. They will lose to many customers to were they will be loosing money by charging extra money.

They'll lose money?

" If you believe 8 million people playing Call Of Duty on xbox live, that means there's probably 4 million on playststion network, If 12 million people are playing, what if you captured 2 million (in a subsrciption)at $15 a month? That's $360 million incremental per year, so why wouldn't you start high? And what are the other 10 million going to do? They're going to be pissed, and then what? They're going to buy another game. They're not going to stop buying games. They may boycott Activision for a week, but they're going to go buy Battlefield or Medal of Honor and try it online, until EA says, " We're charging for that." Then they'll go buy a new Bungie game and try it online, until Activision charges for that, It's Just the way it's going to go." -Micheal Patcher when asked by Kevin Smith from Official Xbox Magazine.

That's an excert from the article i got the news from
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 21.07.10 14:12

Is this for the online play or to access multiplayer at all? This may bring back good ole LAN parties... oh how I miss those.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 21.07.10 16:13

man this is going to choke out alot of people xD
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 21.07.10 18:15

just some kid wrote:
    Newnan Airsoft Player wrote:yeah I don't think it will go through. They will lose to many customers to were they will be loosing money by charging extra money.

They'll lose money?

" If you believe 8 million people playing Call Of Duty on xbox live, that means there's probably 4 million on playststion network, If 12 million people are playing, what if you captured 2 million (in a subsrciption)at $15 a month? That's $360 million incremental per year, so why wouldn't you start high? And what are the other 10 million going to do? They're going to be pissed, and then what? They're going to buy another game. They're not going to stop buying games. They may boycott Activision for a week, but they're going to go buy Battlefield or Medal of Honor and try it online, until EA says, " We're charging for that." Then they'll go buy a new Bungie game and try it online, until Activision charges for that, It's Just the way it's going to go." -Micheal Patcher when asked by Kevin Smith from Official Xbox Magazine.

That's an excert from the article i got the news from
    Well I think that they will lose so many customers that they will make less money a year charging extra money per game then not changing anything. I know I won't be paying extra and I think it would extremely foolish and stupid for the producers to do so.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 21.07.10 19:02

The article said that they would allow some free multiplayer to get you hooked and then charge for the rest. a lot of people will hate it at first but what other option will you have? stop playing xbox?

@NJSC this is for acces to multiplayer. Not so sure if that means you'll have to pay for DLC and that sorta stuff.
    LORD TYRANT
    LORD TYRANT

Post  LORD TYRANT 21.07.10 20:27

I highly doubt that the PS3 Network will ever start charging for online gaming
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 21.07.10 20:30

We all highly doubted xbox live would start charging as well, look where we are now. They'll see how much money is earned by Microsoft and follow suit. They'll do it for competition. Everyone would switch over to ps3 and then they'll start as well. Business isn't charitable.
    Rambo
    Rambo

Post  Rambo 21.07.10 20:59

that bull stuff Razz
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 22.07.10 13:02

And this is where PC > Console
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 22.07.10 13:35

Lone Wolf wrote:And this is where PC > Console

However to build a PC that will be able to run it at the same graphics and speed of an xbox or PS3 your going to spend alot more cash. All of my friends who have PC that are AMAZING spend quite the cash. More than what we would pay for a monthly game.
    Bronzeanteater
    Bronzeanteater

Post  Bronzeanteater 22.07.10 18:53

Be a pirate and why would you care about buying any games now that Starcraft 2 is coming out?
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 22.07.10 18:54

That idea blows they already charge for xbox live, I think they will lose alot of business, I won't pay for it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 20.05.24 1:57