Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

2 posters

WE 1911 4.3 OTHER problem :c

Bronzeanteater
    Bronzeanteater

WE 1911 4.3 OTHER problem :c Empty WE 1911 4.3 OTHER problem :c

Post  Bronzeanteater 18.08.10 12:29

Hi, I have this Gas Blow Back Pistol: www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPa...mp;products_id=32484

I think it doesn't matter what kind of pistol I have, but I would like to know something about the RAIL part of the gun...

You see- the rail part of the gun fell off for me and the 2 screws that go into the barrel and insert into the RAIL part are missing. I believe this was because I tried to force a M3 taclight onto it... That was stupid because all I did to finally get that on there was spray some silicon lube and it slid in beautifully.

So I was wondering what those screws ever looked like and how I could fix my gun? Have anyone of you guys had this problem or know anything about pistol rails? I don't know which screws or whatever go into the rail.

There is 2 holes in the bottom of my pistol and 2 holes in the rail, this is how they connect. I just don't know what screw or whatever to put in.

Thank You

Last edited by Bronzeanteater on 21.08.10 22:45; edited 1 time in total
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

WE 1911 4.3 OTHER problem :c Empty Re: WE 1911 4.3 OTHER problem :c

Post  NJSC 18.08.10 15:52

says product not found on the link, but here's what you do...
    Take apart the gun and I'm assuming that it's like all 1911's and take the frame of the pistol and go to Ace Hardware. Leave the frame in the car. Walk inside and find an associate and explain what you are trying to do. They will probably try to get you to go online and find the "specialty" screws that go with it. Then ask them if you can bring the frame in and just test fit bolts. They will probably say yes. Then you just find the bolts that fit. Considering that this gun is made outside of the US it probably has metric threads, so start on the metric side. Once you find the right bolt, pick up another one of the same kind and then take them to the register to purchase them. After purchasing paint them whatever color you want and then install your rail.
    Couple quick pointers.
    Don't force it, you will strip out the holes and then we will just laugh at you.
    Get the right length. If it's too long then cut it with a hacksaw or dremel will work as well.
    Put some lock-tite on the screws to ensure they don't come out again. This is a semi permanent thing so make sure you want it there first.
    Bronzeanteater
    Bronzeanteater

Post  Bronzeanteater 21.08.10 22:45

Thank you very much, I will do that as soon as I can.

I also have another problem with the same gun. When I fire it, I usually get off about 3-4 shots before it randomly locks at the point where you should have run out of ammo- but I still have 10 rounds left! And the slide catch doesn't do anything, but if i hit the back of the slide real hard it goes back into position and repeats after 3-4 shots again. This happens with or without bb's. HALP? I'm using .20 bb's and propane gas.

EDIT: Do you know what these kind of phillip screws are? This is my gun and the rail..he shows how it dissassembled.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fc2TsdsOf0
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 22.08.10 8:40

I will not be able to tell just by looking at them. The thread patterns is the big issue as well as the size of the bolt.

Try using some silicone oil where you slide contacts the frame. Sounds like it's getting jammed up there. You may also want to look at the frame and the slide and see if it is binding somewhere that you could sand down. Take your time and don't use power tools unless you know what you are doing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 07.05.24 10:51