Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+4
Twitch
ownage1
NJSC
Newnan Airsoft Player
8 posters

Airsoft vs Real Gear/off topic convo from "Favorite Rifles"

Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Airsoft vs Real Gear/off topic convo from "Favorite Rifles" Empty Re: Airsoft vs Real Gear/off topic convo from "Favorite Rifles"

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 07.12.10 21:01

-a|ex wrote:
    NJSC wrote:That's quite possibly the ugliest loadout I have ever seen... now listen to me. I'm normally the one who makes fun of airsofters for wanting to have "matching outfits," look cool, and play army. I think tonight I have embarrassed myself. Embarassed

i don't think that's an airsoft loadout. it was from military pics. http://www.steyr-aug.com/aug_in_service.htm

-a|ex
    In airsoft you try too replicate the real deal as much as possibly and if you spend the correct dough then its virtually the same no need to catagorize camo from airsoft too non airsoft. In a sense camo/tact equip. is camo/tact equip. Just differs on what grade/quality.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Airsoft vs Real Gear/off topic convo from "Favorite Rifles" Empty Re: Airsoft vs Real Gear/off topic convo from "Favorite Rifles"

Post  NJSC 08.12.10 0:17

Newnan Airsoft Player wrote:
    In airsoft you try too replicate the real deal as much as possibly and if you spend the correct dough then its virtually the same no need to catagorize camo from airsoft too non airsoft. In a sense camo/tact equip. is camo/tact equip. Just differs on what grade/quality.
    I don't even know what you are trying to say. This post actually hurts my head to try to figure out.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 08.12.10 1:11

NJSC wrote:
    Newnan Airsoft Player wrote:
    I don't even know what you are trying to say. This post actually hurts my head to try to figure out.
    Well that fella was saying airsoft camo and I thought that was incorrect because camo is camo theres no difference in "airsoft" camo, thats pretty much what im saying.
    ownage1
    ownage1

Post  ownage1 08.12.10 2:10

real camo> airsoft camo(quality)
    real camo basically=expensive high quality airsoft camo.

but if u get military surplus stuff for airsoft then it is real camo
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 08.12.10 8:46

There is no such thing as "airsoft camouflage". There are 3 kinds of camouflage. Hunting camouflage, military camouflage, or fashion camouflage. you have 1 of the 3. airsoft camouflage does not exist.

Post  Guest 08.12.10 10:59

I think when they say "camo" they are trying to say "gear". Not sure...
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 08.12.10 13:19

i guess i need to be more specific. when i mentioned airsoft loadout, i was referring to replica gear vs military issue. my kids have a mix of both and sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. similar to airsoft accessories being indistinguishable from reel steel accessories (eotech clones).

there were some strange camo gear which confuses me if they are real, such as the purple camo's i've seen at the army navy surplus store at forest park. i'm not a military geek even though my wife was a navy corpsman and i don't know all the different types of camo that other countries use. i'm more practical and prefer mixing with hunter gear.

-a|ex
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 08.12.10 20:31

Twitch wrote:There is no such thing as "airsoft camouflage". There are 3 kinds of camouflage. Hunting camouflage, military camouflage, or fashion camouflage. you have 1 of the 3. airsoft camouflage does not exist.
    agree with no such thing as airsoft camo....lol
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 08.12.10 20:40

Actually a lot of military issue gear is crap imo and a lot of us replace what we can. A lot of times aftermarket stuff is much much better than what we are issued. Remember the government is on a budget so will usually go with the lowest bidder and with whatever is easy to produce, not what is the most effective and what gets the job done.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 08.12.10 21:03

Twitch wrote:Actually a lot of military issue gear is crap imo and a lot of us replace what we can. A lot of times aftermarket stuff is much much better than what we are issued. Remember the government is on a budget so will usually go with the lowest bidder and with whatever is easy to produce, not what is the most effective and what gets the job done.
    unfortuantly, the priorities with Obama and friends is completely twisted.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 08.12.10 21:21

The president has nothing to do with this. Its been this way for a very long time.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 08.12.10 22:35

Twitch wrote:Actually a lot of military issue gear is crap imo and a lot of us replace what we can. A lot of times aftermarket stuff is much much better than what we are issued. Remember the government is on a budget so will usually go with the lowest bidder and with whatever is easy to produce, not what is the most effective and what gets the job done.

They don't issue you M-Frames I don't think.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 08.12.10 22:58

Like the mesh underwear from kohl's?
    Twitch
    Twitch

Airsoft vs Real Gear/off topic convo from "Favorite Rifles" Empty Airsoft vs Real Gear/off topic convo from "Favorite Rifles"

Post  Twitch 09.12.10 8:50

Yes Exactly. But we are way off topic at this point. Like ridiculously off topic.
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 27.02.11 23:20

I personally like real gear. My main rig is a Diamondback Tactical Fast Attack Plate Carrier(FAPC) and mostly Diamondback Tactical pouches, with the exception of my mag pouches, which are Tactical Tailor. The quality is outstanding. The rig itself was $90

Pantac stuff is really similar, though. I believe it is also made out of Cordura, so the quality is good. The main difference is where it is manufactured, with replica stuff being made overseas. I believe the the Pantac FAPC is $78- not much cheaper than the real one, which is the main reason why i chose the real one. I figured Diamondback name was worth the extra $12.

Condor is a different story. Condor stuff that i have owned in that past has not demonstrated the quality of either Pantac or real stuff. The spacing on the MOLLE was inconsistent- some loops were not even wide enough to mount a pouch on. The threads on the stitching also started breaking a lot faster than I would expect.

All in all, I like real gear, but high quality replica stuff gets the job done too. Cheaper stuff may work too, but my experience wasn't as positive as others I've spoken to. I hope this was on topic.

Post  Guest 04.03.11 11:39

I find Pantac to be a perfect crossing point for gear. Sturdy enough for airsoft, but cheaper than the real deal, not but much sometimes though.
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 06.03.11 0:12

Aggressor wrote:I find Pantac to be a perfect crossing point for gear. Sturdy enough for airsoft, but cheaper than the real deal, not but much sometimes though.
    Absolutely. I have a Pantac Wasatch and the thing is pretty awesome. Definitely made very well, although i don't have a comparison to the real one, since I don't have the real one.

One thing I've noticed is that there is a much bigger selection of real stuff. They only seem to replicate stuff that real units use. The Esstac chest rigs, for example, don't seem to have replica versions.
    theangryschnoodle
    theangryschnoodle

Post  theangryschnoodle 06.03.11 21:22

I have an Eagle univ. chest rig (skd version) and my Pantac RRV seems like it's more sturdily built in terms of stitching, it's much more robust than the eagle. Only time will tell which one lasts longer though, but I have been very happy with Pantac. I try to go with real gear when I can but sometimes Pantac does the job fine. A DBT FAPC is next on my list though, I want to put together a hsld pc set up. @Alpharomeo, do you have the gen 1? And where did you order it? I heard from somewhere (can't remember where) that when ordering from DBT you have to give them a very long leadtime.
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 06.03.11 21:35

theangryschnoodle wrote:I have an Eagle univ. chest rig (skd version) and my Pantac RRV seems like it's more sturdily built in terms of stitching, it's much more robust than the eagle. Only time will tell which one lasts longer though, but I have been very happy with Pantac. I try to go with real gear when I can but sometimes Pantac does the job fine. A DBT FAPC is next on my list though, I want to put together a hsld pc set up. @Alpharomeo, do you have the gen 1? And where did you order it? I heard from somewhere (can't remember where) that when ordering from DBT you have to give them a very long leadtime.
    I believe mine is the Gen 1. I ordered it directly from Diamondback Tactical at diamondbacktactical.com
    I'm not sure where you heard about the order/shipping time, but I had mine on my doorstep in four days. I also ordered it in AUC camo by accident and ordered a pouch in RG. They called me to make sure it wasn't a mistake, which it was. Awesome customer service.
    A couple things about the FAPC though.
    They don't work without some kind of plates in them. The plate pockets are primarily external so the thing is very baggy without plates.
    The size they come in is based on plate size-not person size. Most replica plates are Medium size. Mine is a large size and I had to stick some foam in there in addition to the size medium replica plates.

Here's a link to mine.
    http://diamondbacktactical.com/product/Diamondback-Tacticalreg-Fast-Attack-Plate-Carrier,33,6.htm
    theangryschnoodle
    theangryschnoodle

Post  theangryschnoodle 06.03.11 22:04

That sounds good, but does the plate size that it carries effect the size of the vest (open question for anyone who knows)? I'm a smaller guy but I'm pretty sure that it would fit me. I don't want to order a small because of plate compatability but if a medium wouldn't fit me than I wouldn't mind buying a small and using cardboard for plates.
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 06.03.11 22:09

theangryschnoodle wrote:That sounds good, but does the plate size that it carries effect the size of the vest (open question for anyone who knows)? I'm a smaller guy but I'm pretty sure that it would fit me. I don't want to order a small because of plate compatability but if a medium wouldn't fit me than I wouldn't mind buying a small and using cardboard for plates.
    From what i understand it does not change the size. I believe it only changes how tall and baggy the plate pockets are on the main body of the carrier. I'm pretty skinny and the large fits my fine, so the plate size can't change the carrier size too much.
    theangryschnoodle
    theangryschnoodle

Post  theangryschnoodle 07.03.11 21:58

Ok thanks. I went to order it tonight but it's out of stock. I emailed them about it so if it'll only be another few weeks until they have it back than I don't mind waiting.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 18:35