Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

3 posters

Surefire M951 questions.

theangryschnoodle
    theangryschnoodle

Surefire M951 questions. Empty Surefire M951 questions.

Post  theangryschnoodle 24.01.11 3:18

A friend of mine is selling a Surefire M951 with the pressure switch and mount it came with, http://www.surefire.com/M951-KIT02-Millennium-WeaponLight. It's in full working condition and he's asking $80 for it which seems very fair and I am considering buying it from him, but what I am wondering is besides the mount and pressure switch what makes it different than other 6v lights like the G2 or 6P? It looks like it has the same specs as those in terms of brightness. Why the huge change in price? I would be using this for airsoft only and I am wondering if it would be worth it to buy this or just keep using my G2 and if I would see a change in performance for airsoft use. I don't need the features of a weaponlight (shock isolated bezel etc.) for airsoft so I just want to know what will change in terms of airsoft related performance. Thanks for any help.
    firby911
    firby911

Surefire M951 questions. Empty Re: Surefire M951 questions.

Post  firby911 25.01.11 21:29

I dont know the current going rate of them but that seems like a very fair price. If your in the market for a new weapon light then go i would for it. I would much rather have that over a g2 or any of the lower end hand held surfires. Ive never personally used one so i cant speak of performance wise but ive known friends who have had them and loved them. They said they were a little on the heavy side.
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 25.01.11 22:44

The 951 looks very much like the one I was issued for Iraq and again for Afghanistan....and I didn't use it either time. I used a G2. They use the same bulb and same 2 CR123 batteries. The big difference??? Weight. Sure, the 951 "might" be able to take the blast of an IED better, but I hated the weight. My suggestion is get the G2, and then get a pressure switch and a mount for it. You should still have $$$ leftover for a bag of BB's. I used a switch designed for a shotgun. The cable was really long so I just wrap it around the mount for the light.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 10:25