Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+5
Q-bald
superchrisguy
Silent_Option
-a|ex
xyzpdq0121
9 posters

My introduction

xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

My introduction Empty My introduction

Post  xyzpdq0121 09.03.11 8:49

Hello everyone!

Name: Brandon Gray
    Weapon(s): Tokyo Mauri SR-16
    Other interests/ hobbies: SCUBA, Saltwater Aquariums, Geocaching, and a few video games.
    Employment: Self Employed - Contract mortgage fraud investigator and Real Estate appraiser
    Screen names: Xyzpdq0121
    Team affiliation: None yet but hope to get on a geriatric squad/team in the future

My story is a lot like silent_option's: I used to play airsoft a few years ago, got out of it and decided it was time to take it up again. I was worried because I am not a young as I used to be and quite a bit heavier. But airsoft can be about exercise. (or that is what I tell the wife to justify the expense over a gym membership!) I am already trying to figure out how to break it to the wife that I am going to be playing every two weeks or so! Then I might need a couch to sleep on when I tell her that I am planning on driving to SC and playing for 27 hours straight in April!!!

Things have changed a lot since I played in 2002. New technology, new gun makers, new gear, etc... So I am going to have a lot of questions, I apologize in advance. You add the changes to the fact that I am on a budget and there will be a lot of, "is this worth it when you weight quality vs price" questions.

So far I have played out at SS a few times and Georgetown. I prefer outside but found SS to be a great choice for a few hour game when you can not make it up to Georgetown. Looking at trying out other fields and CQB spots.

Anyways, great to meet ya'll and hope to see ya'll on the field someday soon.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

My introduction Empty Re: My introduction

Post  -a|ex 09.03.11 9:53

welcome bro... i'm not a young pup either but airsoft is a great way to stay in shape. if the field is rained out, i do SS and GE on occasion with my kids. at times, they can get too crowded. you should try out airdog ACZ this saturday and also, i heard area 13 is also a good group to skirmish with. i'm undecided on the SC vs GA event.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 09.03.11 10:07

Welcome!!

Just remember in your research Google and Youtube are your friends. There is so much info I have found with the two as well as a ton of help from Alex, Rhino, and others on here.

I'm sure I will see you at SS or Georgetown eventually, cant misss me I'm the tall handsome guy!
    superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Post  superchrisguy 09.03.11 10:53

If you need any advice just ask on here, there's a lot of techs, gear-whores, and even I've gotten somewhat knowledgeable on internals. Hope to see you out on the field someday soon!

And maybe see a few shots of your TM SR-16? Very Happy
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 09.03.11 11:18

WELCOME!
    I'm 40 going on 19. Glad to hear you are getting back into the sport. I had the same issue with my better half when I started playing too. I just told her " This is my midlife crisis. Be glad I'm not chasing women and Buying sports cars"
    Area 13 and ACZ are two great places on the South side if you like to play outdoors.
    PM me for any info on Area 13.
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 09.03.11 11:29

Welcome!

Oh and I see your a geocacher as well! Whats your name? Glad to finally meet another airsoft geocacher haha.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 09.03.11 12:19

Silent_Option wrote:Welcome!!

Just remember in your research Google and Youtube are your friends. There is so much info I have found with the two as well as a ton of help from Alex, Rhino, and others on here.

I'm sure I will see you at SS or Georgetown eventually, cant misss me I'm the tall handsome guy!
    I bet I'm taller! Maybe not as handsome, but hey you can't win them all. Razz
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 09.03.11 12:58

NJSC wrote:

I bet I'm taller! Maybe not as handsome, but hey you can't win them all. Razz

Gosh I hope not! Being tall is not always that great, man it is hard to find pants that fit! I'm 6'7" 255lbs and not exaggerating cause i wish i was about 4 to 5 inches shorter, but to keep my post on topic (sort of) what the heck is a geocacher?
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 09.03.11 13:23

Silent_Option wrote:
    ... but to keep my post on topic (sort of) what the heck is a geocacher?

it's a treasure hunt using GPS
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 09.03.11 13:25

Thanks for the welcome ya'll... Glad to see some older players out there!

-a|ex wrote:welcome bro... i'm not a young pup either but airsoft is a great way to stay in shape. if the field is rained out, i do SS and GE on occasion with my kids. at times, they can get too crowded. you should try out airdog ACZ this saturday and also, i heard area 13 is also a good group to skirmish with. i'm undecided on the SC vs GA event.

I am playing at Georgetown this Sunday and on the 26th but maybe I can make it down to AirDog ACZ in April before SC. I have heard good things about it. It is just about a 2 hour drive for me!

NJSC wrote:I bet I'm taller! Maybe not as handsome, but hey you can't win them all. Razz

I'll keep my eyes out for two tall "handsome" guys but one who is slightly less handsome but taller. Should be able to spot ya out of a crowd pretty easy! Smile Shoot me a PM when you know you will be up there. I would like to tag along with some better airsofters.

Ya I am learning to use Google and Youtube for this stuff. I am almost up to Google Ninja status right now. However, there is still the hump of knowing the lingo now and sifting through all of the crap to get to the golden turd. Seems like some reviews are bias and there are a lot of fanboys out there!

Q-bald wrote:'m 40 going on 19. Glad to hear you are getting back into the sport. I had the same issue with my better half when I started playing too. I just told her " This is my midlife crisis. Be glad I'm not chasing women and Buying sports cars"
    Area 13 and ACZ are two great places on the South side if you like to play outdoors.
    PM me for any info on Area 13.

Again, glad to see I am not the oldest one out there. And any advice on the dealings with the better half are much appreciated! She always told me that she liked a guy with passion for things. I did not see the asterisks at the end of that statement that said that she only liked that IF it did not conflict with my time with her. Smile

superchrisguy wrote:And maybe see a few shots of your TM SR-16?

I can do that.. I need to get it finished being set up first. After 9 years away, I have bits and pieces everywhere. I need to get some mounting brackets for my laser, some rings for my scope (although I am thinking about going with a cheap but decent red/green dot), and a new flashlight since I THOUGHT the one that I had fit my rail but maybe it is for my pistol. I don't remember. After that is done, there will be a picture. The thing looks brand new since it has been in a padded case since about 2002. It is stock though, so not much in the way of Mods to it.

Crazy Twitch wrote:Oh and I see your a geocacher as well! Whats your name? Glad to finally meet another airsoft geocacher haha.

My name on geocaching is/was Xyzpdq0121 and/or Brandon0121. I have not logged much in the past few years. I have found a few but just too lazy to really log them. LOL But I have been geocaching since about 2000. I have found cashes in 4-5 countries and used to really enjoy it. My wife thinks she is allergic to the outdoors. I grew up hiking in Colorado. Can you say opposites?!? So I take the kiddo out geocaching from time to time, but not as often as I used to go. It is another thing that I am fixin' to get back into though.

Silent_Option wrote:Gosh I hope not! Being tall is not always that great, man it is hard to find pants that fit! I'm 6'7" 255lbs and not exaggerating cause i wish i was about 4 to 5 inches shorter, but to keep my post on topic (sort of) what the heck is a geocacher?

Can you be silent at that height?!? I personally only know three people taller than you. One is a pro-basketball player at like 7'2", one is a girl who is is 6'8" and her husband who is 7'0". There are very few people that I have to look up to at 6'3" but you will stand out in a crowd.

Geocaching is a sport/hobby/game that you play with a GPS (or in the old days for some of us who were really good we would just use a map and our orienteering skills). You look for "caches" hidden around the world. LOL, as of now, there are over 1.3 million of them. It is like a treasure hunt, if you will. Some are very easy to find (in a park under a rock) or some are very hard to find (there is one that you need to SCUBA to that I have found). They can be as big as an ammo can or as small as a film container. (Some are virtual too but we will not get into those.) Some you need to solve puzzles to find and others will be right at the GPS coords that are listed. So if you like the outdoors and hiking or some adventure, it is a great game.

Again, thanks for the welcome guys...
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 09.03.11 13:47

I can be very Silent if i dont move, thats why its an option Cool

I must say i like your Humor to Textification Translation (I think I just went George W. Bush on your...)
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 09.03.11 14:13

Silent_Option wrote:I can be very Silent if i dont move, thats why its an option Cool

I must say i like your Humor to Textification Translation (I think I just went George W. Bush on your...)

Pop a gillie suit on ya and we can just have you make like a tree, blend right in... Either that or we can play a Sasquatch game.

Thanks for liking my humor to textification. But for it to be Bushified you would have to like my "texta... texta... texta... typing thingy. <he he he> (in my best Bush laugh)"
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 09.03.11 14:41

the whole ball of wax has changed since the early 2000's...lol....welcome to the forums..
    Thrush
    Thrush

Post  Thrush 13.03.11 19:20

howdy, nice to see (smell?) another old fart here; since you're in Loganville, have you considered playin' Athens? Plus, I've heard of a place in Winder called the Unit; indoor/outdoor
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 14.03.11 9:14

Thrush wrote:howdy, nice to see (smell?) another old fart here; since you're in Loganville, have you considered playin' Athens? Plus, I've heard of a place in Winder called the Unit; indoor/outdoor

I thought about making it up to Athens... Just have not yet. How is the play up there?!?

I have NOT heard of a place in Winder. Do you have a website for them?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.05.24 10:56