Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
Zombie
ownage1
6 posters

folding pistolgrip

ownage1
    ownage1

folding pistolgrip Empty folding pistolgrip

Post  ownage1 30.03.11 20:15

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/fldng-pistol-grip-m16-m4-ar15.aspx?a=715708
    folding pistolgrip 196496_ts

What if ICS added this to all their guns?? quick motor change AND quick upper gearbox change! revolutionary!! go from systema turbo motor and m100 spring, then in 60 seconds you could change it to an upper gearbox with m170 spring and change motor to systema magnum
    Zombie
    Zombie

folding pistolgrip Empty Re: folding pistolgrip

Post  Zombie 30.03.11 21:42

cheers Genius!
    RIP
    RIP

Post  RIP 30.03.11 22:33

u still gotta get to the connections on the bottom of the motor to replace it though
    ownage1
    ownage1

Post  ownage1 30.03.11 22:40

once you open up the pistol grip the motor will slide out and hang from the wires attached to the gun, then just take the connectors out and onto another motor and slip it back on. this isnt my design, if an airsoft manufacturer took hold of it they would obviously modify the grip somehow to allow the motor to come all the way out and slide in without pinching wires, etc... but it is a very feasible idea.
    RIP
    RIP

Post  RIP 30.03.11 23:09

o I get it
    kool idea
    HavenUnitOctopus

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 30.03.11 23:34

Or if they were cool they would do what G&G is doing with there new mp5s and make it wire free. At 1:53 its starts with there new mp5. https://www.youtube.com/user/redwolfairsoft#p/u/1/hjsc6zlbqUk
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 31.03.11 0:05

Maybe if it were setup to have the motor attached to the part that folds, which it could be, then u take you connections loose and one screw your motor is off, then your spare grip with the other motor slides in its place, connect and boom.
    ownage1
    ownage1

Post  ownage1 31.03.11 1:39

since some of you might be confused about the actual design, and im bored.... here's a photo. folding pistolgrip SSDFCSDFSD
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 31.03.11 2:08

Here's the problem I see. At the bottom of the gb there is a hole for the pinion gear. So tilting the motor forward it's just going to bind up. That's why we pull the motors out the bottom of the grip. If you are just worried about switching motors why not just bring a set of screwdrivers and needle nose pliers with you?
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 31.03.11 8:55

If you were to remove the pivoting screw like I said then that grip would work as is with your design, but i dont think you could make any foldable grip that pivots that high up that would allow any long type motor to clear the opening. If the bottom of the grip pivoted then no tools would be need at all, but then the pivoting attachment would be in the way of any gripage (<<< WORDSPAWN) unless it was made longer to sit under the operators hand. However I think the tension on that motor because of the spring would be too much for anything other than screws to hold it in place. Just my 2 cents

nice visual aid though! cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 06.05.24 10:00