Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

4 posters

Trying to find a new team camo

theangryschnoodle
    theangryschnoodle

Trying to find a new team camo Empty Trying to find a new team camo

Post  theangryschnoodle 22.05.11 14:03

After our X-Camo started failing miserably on us we're trying to find a new pattern. We originally thought Multicam but there are already a few teams using that. Another thought was CADPAT. We want something that works in the summer in GA (mostly green), is easy to obtain (not always out of stock, available from many places), looks acceptable with CB gear and isn't overly used. This would just be a camo for regular gamedays. Any suggestions would be great. For ops we'll wear whatever the rules say we have to wear.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Trying to find a new team camo Empty Re: Trying to find a new team camo

Post  Twitch 22.05.11 14:47

Honestly you could go with flat colors. An OD green combat shirt and some CB or Khaki pants. That would be cheap and you can find that anywhere and everywhere. That color combination will work in GA in the spring, summer, plus a combat shirt is going to be cooler than a blouse.

Another advantage to a flat color combat shirt is the ability to wear it with anything. You could wear it with just about any pants, camo or non camo.
    theangryschnoodle
    theangryschnoodle

Post  theangryschnoodle 22.05.11 16:29

That's what I've been doing for a while now, OD combat shirt and khaki or woodland pants. I'm pushing that, the combat shirt was some of the best cash I've ever spent on gear.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 22.05.11 16:46

Yeah I am a big fan of combat shirts, they are awesome, especially in the summer.

I like flat colors to because they are so versatile, and they are usually cheaper than patterns.

Post  Guest 22.05.11 17:14

I'm pretty sure I told you that the X Camo would fade into nothingness when I met you at the hotel! But anywho, I think CADPAT could be cool, or solid colors, although I find camo to be more appealing than flat colors. You could also look into trying to get your hands on some of the new Navy digital uniforms for woodland. Supposedly they are very cool.
    theangryschnoodle
    theangryschnoodle

Post  theangryschnoodle 22.05.11 17:28

Yeah... I remember you telling me that, I believed you too. Mine never faded because I never washed it but eventually I could hardly look at it anymore because I disliked it so much. I haven't worn it in 4 months haha. By the new Navy pattern do you mean this? http://stukaph.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/nswiii_4_lores1.jpg
    That (AOR2) and the desert version (AOR1) are ridiculously hard to get ahold of. I think an AOR1 frag pouch can go for $100+ on ebay. I saw a hydro carrier go for $400 one time. There are replica sets available which I might look into although I am unsure of the quality.

15h left on this piece, someday I hope I can drop this much on gear.... http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-NAVY-SEALs-AOR-1-eagle-MAP-07-ver-Digi2-LBT-MLCS-/290566287908?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a719b224 (07 LBT MAP Pack AOR1, current bid US$1025)

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm liking CADPAT too, if anyone has anymore please share.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 22.05.11 17:30

Aggressor wrote:I'm pretty sure I told you that the X Camo would fade into nothingness when I met you at the hotel! But anywho, I think CADPAT could be cool, or solid colors, although I find camo to be more appealing than flat colors. You could also look into trying to get your hands on some of the new Navy digital uniforms for woodland. Supposedly they are very cool.

If you are talking about AOR1 and AOR2 then they are very very very hard to get. Not only are they rare, but the places that do have them will only sell them to certain military units only.

For those of you who dont know what we are discussing:
    Trying to find a new team camo AOR_Camo_Comparison

Post  Guest 22.05.11 17:45

Embarassed My bad
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 22.05.11 21:48

You could always try ABUs?
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 22.05.11 21:57

ABUS and UCP do not work lol.
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 23.05.11 10:20

You know, for what you describe (works in summer in GA and in winter), sounds to me like you are wanting multi-cam. Dang stuff looks green against green and looks tan against brown. I understand about not wanting to look like everyone else who is on the multi-cam band wagon but you got to do what you got to do. NWU is going to be VERY hard to get and VERY expensive. (and people complain about the price of Multi-cam) I think CADpat could be cool, but the type 1 is very green and the AR type II is brown. Does not give you that dual purpose you are looking for. You could go with a lesser known a semi-unique pattern like Egyptian "Scrambled Egg" or "French Lizard" but they are all single purpose. There are very few patterns that work well in both brown and green! IMHO, I would go solid color, which is not much camo but it is cheap, or Multi-Cam.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 23.05.11 11:43

You can always try Italian Vegetato. Not sure where you can find it, but there are plenty of people out there with it so you can always ask them. Just google it and their are a lot of topics about it.
    Trying to find a new team camo Italy%20vegatata%20bdu%20a

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 08.05.24 17:57