Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
Tinman
ATLAS
6 posters

Team reputation - just a reminder

ATLAS
    ATLAS

Team reputation - just a reminder Empty Team reputation - just a reminder

Post  ATLAS 09.03.09 16:06

Several teams walked away from this past weekend’s game with slightly tainted reputations:

When you arrive at a location where someone is going to associate you with your airsoft team, you need to remember that you will be affecting their opinion of, not only you, but your entire team. Handle yourself in a mannor that promotes a good reputation. I am not going to call anyone out, but there were several incidents this weekend where people handled themselves as if they believed themselves to be superior to both the rules and other players on the field. If it is the opinion of your team that you are all in fact better than everyone else, then by all means you where in the right. However, I can tell you that had the people on our team handled themselves in this type of mannor, action would be taken and if any of our team members did act inappropriately please let Tinman, Frog, or myself know and we will see that it gets addressed. The last thing anyone on our team would want is for anyone to be hoping we decided not to participate in the next event.

I do understand that there were more of the younger, inexperienced players than usual this game and younger players will do stupid things. The constructive reaction is to discreetly point out what specifically they did wrong and send them on their way a better person. If you do see yourself as the best player on the field it would be your duty to pass on your superior knowledge to those less privileged than yourself.

That having been said, it was a really good game other than those few incidents, most of the teams represented them in a very positive light, and I am looking forward to getting another opportunity to shoot at all of you.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Team reputation - just a reminder Empty Re: Team reputation - just a reminder

Post  Tinman 09.03.09 16:10

ATLAS wrote:I am looking forward to getting another opportunity to shoot at all of you.
    See??? There is your problem . . . you have been shooting AT everyone instead of shooting them!! Your off da team!! lol! lol!
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 09.03.09 16:14

Tinman wrote:
    ATLAS wrote:I am looking forward to getting another opportunity to shoot at all of you.
    See??? There is your problem . . . you have been shooting AT everyone instead of shooting them!! Your off da team!! lol! lol!

Well...dang! I knew I must have been doing something wrong. With all of the people that tasted the sweet death my bb's delivered Saturday, im sure some other team will pick me up.
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 09.03.09 18:20

By all means please PM me if you ever see (or hear) me or any of Squad-144 act inappropriately!

Many of us can get "caught up in the moment" and it's cool to get excited about a win or a good shot, (I don't even mind a bit of taunting or "mind games", I'm used to it from basketball), but we do need to keep it appropriate. We need to keep each other accountable.

The funny part is that we all get our "butts handed to us" sometime or another. Pride usually does come before the fall! What a Face
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 09.03.09 19:07

Same with CLPC, please PM me and I shall talk to them.

We also can get caught up in the moment.
    We try and keep our team A+, we did have some people that were not on the team last game but played and hung out with us that were not as mindful with their language then we were.

I am trying to figure out what team is left?!?!?

Post  |337 09.03.09 19:09

Same for us, me and the CLPC peeps are just out to have fun and enjoy the sport. We also want to have a good reputation for calling hits and being good sports.

*edit* lol simultaneous post
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 11.03.09 13:02

If any TxS members play unfailry....let me know. Thanks.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 08.05.24 14:59