Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+9
Blackhawk 5
flipa
Twitch
S.M.A.
BigD
MSG Ridgeway
Rambo
Blaze
just some kid
13 posters

BF3 Beta - what do you think?

just some kid
    just some kid

BF3 Beta - what do you think? Empty BF3 Beta - what do you think?

Post  just some kid 30.09.11 7:35

So have any of you guys played it and what do you think? IMO I think it is awesome. the beta is a bit buggy but the new animations are awesome. very smooth. i like that you can change the modes of fire too. also there is no level cap for the beta so you could potentially unlock all the guns. lets hope the servers don't crash again today lol
    Blaze
    Blaze

BF3 Beta - what do you think? Empty Re: BF3 Beta - what do you think?

Post  Blaze 30.09.11 7:52

Well if you Played on ps3 that wouldn't be a problem. But bf3 is pretty sick the maps are awesome, guns are realistic, and the game modes how u transfer into different enviroments on rush is sweet.
    Rambo
    Rambo

Post  Rambo 30.09.11 7:54

It finished dowloading while I was asleep last night so I get a chance to play it today.
    MSG Ridgeway
    MSG Ridgeway

Post  MSG Ridgeway 30.09.11 8:21

Where do i start? The BF3 open beta is lacking, i found alot of problems with it. to start i was expecting something very exceptional from the FrostBite 2 engine, needless to say it didnt impress me. i also found that alot of the times bullets werent registering properly. also alot of the opposing force was half way under the map, and by that i mean half of the body's were only showing. I like the gun models and the variety of weapons, such as being able to use a Glock 17 instead of a beretta m9. i qalso like how the weapons for the russians are actually correct, being that the primary assualt rifle is an ak-74m and not an ak-47, this was very appealing to me, it was something that call of duty could never get together. the graphics did not jump out at me, it kinda reminds me of playing a childrens game. i dont like how if you look around, your mini map and other icons giggle around. i myself give the beta a 5/10. hopefully when the real game comes out it will be alot more appeasing. Play xbox live? add Nx DayQuiil
    BigD

Post  BigD 30.09.11 12:28

MSG Ridgeway wrote:Where do i start? The BF3 open beta is lacking, i found alot of problems with it. to start i was expecting something very exceptional from the FrostBite 2 engine, needless to say it didnt impress me. i also found that alot of the times bullets werent registering properly. also alot of the opposing force was half way under the map, and by that i mean half of the body's were only showing. I like the gun models and the variety of weapons, such as being able to use a Glock 17 instead of a beretta m9. i qalso like how the weapons for the russians are actually correct, being that the primary assualt rifle is an ak-74m and not an ak-47, this was very appealing to me, it was something that call of duty could never get together. the graphics did not jump out at me, it kinda reminds me of playing a childrens game. i dont like how if you look around, your mini map and other icons giggle around. i myself give the beta a 5/10. hopefully when the real game comes out it will be alot more appeasing. Play xbox live? add Nx DayQuiil

I mean, it IS only a beta...also, there were a lot of similar problems on pc beta, and there were patched and now all of the above problems were fixed. I can only assume they will do something similar for consoles or, as you said, fix these problems before release.
    MSG Ridgeway
    MSG Ridgeway

Post  MSG Ridgeway 30.09.11 14:09

i understand its a beta, but they made it out to be so amazing, when really its the same old battle field. same old bad graphics and the same old shakey gameplay. i hate to say it but it looks like MW3 is going to be better.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 30.09.11 15:56

i haven't had a single problem with the beta except the servers crashed because they got overloaded with all the kids coming home to play and right around 4:30 they crashed. the beta is everything i expected and did meet the hype created. as for graphics well they are far more impressive than CoD. all cod did was recycle their old engine while dice came up with a whole new one. in the beta map they released there isn't really much to destroy until you get to the end where the buildings are and that shows off the new engine a bit.
    S.M.A.
    S.M.A.

Post  S.M.A. 30.09.11 15:57

MSG Ridgeway wrote:Where do i start? The BF3 open beta is lacking, i found alot of problems with it. to start i was expecting something very exceptional from the FrostBite 2 engine, needless to say it didnt impress me. i also found that alot of the times bullets werent registering properly. also alot of the opposing force was half way under the map, and by that i mean half of the body's were only showing. I like the gun models and the variety of weapons, such as being able to use a Glock 17 instead of a beretta m9. i qalso like how the weapons for the russians are actually correct, being that the primary assualt rifle is an ak-74m and not an ak-47, this was very appealing to me, it was something that call of duty could never get together. the graphics did not jump out at me, it kinda reminds me of playing a childrens game. i dont like how if you look around, your mini map and other icons giggle around. i myself give the beta a 5/10. hopefully when the real game comes out it will be alot more appeasing. Play xbox live? add Nx DayQuiil

hanse the term "Beta"
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 30.09.11 16:01

well the reason they waited so long to release the beta was to fine tune it as much as they could for a beta. and the graphics won't improve much when the game comes out because you're still running it on the same software that was in the xbox 360 when it first came out. pc gamers WILL notice the graphics change because they can swap out graphics cards and upgrde their comp.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 30.09.11 17:33

MSG Ridgeway wrote:i understand its a beta, but they made it out to be so amazing, when really its the same old battle field. same old bad graphics and the same old shakey gameplay. i hate to say it but it looks like MW3 is going to be better.

Im going to assume you play it on 360 or PS3. Your right, there isnt much of a graphics change cus your running it on the same hardware that has been in 360s for a LONG time.

Try playing it on a PC running it on high, and tell me what the graphics look like then. I tell you the graphics on my PC are AMAZING. And I need to get a new graphics card before i can reach its new potential.

That being said, I give the beta about a 8/10. I have had a lot of laggy servers, a lot of bullets passing through other players, and Ive noticed a lot of graphical errors (One of the snipers who killed me from across the map had no scope, no iron sights, as well as no mag in his gun LOL)
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 30.09.11 18:04

MW3 is better than BF3?!?! What the heck is wrong with you? I'm sorry but I guess it was too hyped up for you that you're disappointed. I understand it won't be your type of game though, it's shooting for a "realism" effect even though a video game will never fully achieve realism. But come on, the bullets don't register because of connection problems and if you've never played Bad Company 2, you won't understand that the guns actually recoil and actually hit were they're pointed unlike MW2 or Black Ops where aiming is more assisted than the Battlefield games. I admit, Battlefield games are harder to play because they have bigger maps and longer firefight ranges so bullet drops and the fact that your gun actually wiggles as you hold the trigger makes it a harder game to play.

If it's not for you, don't compare it to a game you prefer or like. It will always be different.
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Post  Blackhawk 5 30.09.11 18:16

MSG Ridgeway wrote:i understand its a beta, but they made it out to be so amazing, when really its the same old battle field. same old bad graphics and the same old shakey gameplay. i hate to say it but it looks like MW3 is going to be better.

graphics do not determine how good a game is
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 30.09.11 18:16

i liek the little details they added like when you crawl you actually crawl and you can see your hand out in front of you and your gun in the other and when you jump over walls or obstacles you see your legs swing out in front of you and you put your hand down on what you're jumping over. i also like they they have eliminated drop shotting. not to mention they seem to run so smoothly for a beta. the assassination thing is sweet too.
    Asia7th
    Asia7th

Post  Asia7th 30.09.11 21:46

I love it, but it lags alot
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze 30.09.11 22:00

Well today i got stuck under the map
    Asia7th
    Asia7th

Post  Asia7th 30.09.11 23:24

Blaze wrote:Well today i got stuck under the map
    i got stuck in a rock lol!
    Rambo
    Rambo

Post  Rambo 01.10.11 6:19

Blaze wrote:Well today i got stuck under the map

cause you play on the PS3 n00b Razz
    MSG Ridgeway
    MSG Ridgeway

Post  MSG Ridgeway 03.10.11 8:02

I have now played the beta for a few days and have therefore came to terms with the game. I am still adjusting to the play style (because im a cod fanboy) it just doesnt feel the same to me. but i like the game as a whole, it seems to be a very enjoyable shooter. i only seem to have a few problems with different weapons being extremely over powered, such as the 416 and the scar-h. there seems to be alot of graphical errors around the rock at the B side explosive. And every once in awile you get a squad or 2 that hunkers down under the map. but a grenade can do wonders Very Happy I give the beta an 8/10. now if only cod could pull themselves out of the hole they have dug
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 03.10.11 11:50

I don't like video games.

Post  Guest 03.10.11 12:04

Admin wrote:I don't like video games.

Noob
    PancakeFace
    PancakeFace

Post  PancakeFace 05.10.11 3:41

my body is ready bounce
    kilomike
    kilomike

Post  kilomike 08.10.11 11:48

I own shi* up on it!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 18:54