Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+6
Miracle
-a|ex
Blaze
Blackhawk 5
just some kid
CFA
10 posters

What type of midcaps? Or should i choose Highcaps?

CFA

What type of midcaps? Or should i choose Highcaps? Empty What type of midcaps? Or should i choose Highcaps?

Post  CFA 16.10.11 20:42

Ive slowly started to move out of CQB,Where i used highcaps. I am going to georgetown on the 22nd. I wanted to know, Should i get Midcaps, or highcaps? And what are some cheap midcap box sets that are good.

Thanks for the help in advance.
    just some kid
    just some kid

What type of midcaps? Or should i choose Highcaps? Empty Re: What type of midcaps? Or should i choose Highcaps?

Post  just some kid 16.10.11 20:46

there's really no point in getting midcaps. if you do get any midcaps get MAG brand. Those are what i used without any problems but make sure you unwind them and take care of them otherwise you'll have feeding issues.
    CFA

What type of midcaps? Or should i choose Highcaps? Empty Re: What type of midcaps? Or should i choose Highcaps?

Post  CFA 16.10.11 20:49

just some kid wrote:there's really no point in getting midcaps. if you do get any midcaps get MAG brand. Those are what i used without any problems but make sure you unwind them and take care of them otherwise you'll have feeding issues.

Do you think king arms midcaps will be good?
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 16.10.11 21:09

i don't have any experience with them but one thing to remember is to keep a hicap or 2 because at OPs and every now and again you'll get into a firefight where a few midcaps won't do any good.
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Post  Blackhawk 5 16.10.11 21:35

Its all a matter of personal preference and where/how you play. I personally hate having to wind the mags every 20 shots or so which is why I like to use hicaps. MAG brand is the ones I use and they have been reliable, just don't overload BBs into them or they might jam. They come in box sets. When I play I usually load up all midcaps and one hicap in my last pouch so when i use up all my midcaps, i have the hicap remaining and shoot conservatively.
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze 17.10.11 0:23

I usually keep 5 midcaps on my rig and 2 highcaps my midcaps are Mag midcaps I like them because they don't make that much noise when u are running and not that much to worry about ,before when I used highcaps I would pull out one to reload and it wasnt wounded up. But just in case in Ops I bring 2 high caps.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 17.10.11 3:21

2 hicaps and a small 1k bottle of bb's.
    2k bottle if you are running 11.1v LiPo.

the more mags you carry, the more mags that makes it's way to lost and found.

for those that say hicaps are noisy, running makes it noisy. but running in itself is noisier than the bb's rattle.
    i gave up on midcaps after breaking 6 plastic reloaders and losing mags in the field.

Post  Guest 17.10.11 7:19

You also want to consider how much realestate you have on you. If you can carry only 2-3 mags, you won't be able to field midcaps, you'll need more than that to pull you through a game, at least the average player will. I've always been a fan of hi-caps myself, although midcaps do have some advantages over them. I have had equal luck with both breaking though, so I'm not going to say one is more reliable than the other.
    Miracle
    Miracle

Post  Miracle 17.10.11 11:48

-a|ex wrote:
    for those that say hicaps are noisy, running makes it noisy. but running in itself is noisier than the bb's rattle.

SUPER NOISY. I think it's possible to quietly run, but when you got a bunch of mags, all that rattling is terrible T__T
    Eon_Blue
    Eon_Blue

Post  Eon_Blue 17.10.11 21:17

Miracle wrote:

SUPER NOISY. I think it's possible to quietly run, but when you got a bunch of mags, all that rattling is terrible T__T

This. Especially in the woods trying to be kind of quiet..mags give you away like crazy..was the only reason my buddies could find me in the woods, aside from my orange tip on my gun.

MSG Ridgeway
    MSG Ridgeway

Post  MSG Ridgeway 19.10.11 14:18

Do your self the favor and get a set of P-MAGS. they feed and perform flawlessly. plus they look cool lol
    drizzetsrevenge
    drizzetsrevenge

Post  drizzetsrevenge 19.10.11 19:18

MSG Ridgeway wrote:Do your self the favor and get a set of P-MAGS. they feed and perform flawlessly. plus they look cool lol
    I agree
    TrunkMonkey
    TrunkMonkey

Post  TrunkMonkey 20.10.11 9:35

Stay away from king arm mags. Unless they have made drastic changes they suck hard.
    MSG Ridgeway
    MSG Ridgeway

Post  MSG Ridgeway 20.10.11 10:15

TrunkMonkey wrote:Stay away from king arm mags. Unless they have made drastic changes they suck hard.
    i agree, roll with the mids

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 5:35