Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+6
Scarface
just some kid
flipa
Crazy Twitch
Twitch
MSG Ridgeway
10 posters

MW3 baby!

MSG Ridgeway
    MSG Ridgeway

MW3 baby!  Empty MW3 baby!

Post  MSG Ridgeway 09.11.11 9:53

Got it at the midnight release Monday night. my first impressions were holy #$^$%&%^&$%^#$^$#$%##@#$@^$%^$!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Battlefield 3 has nothing on this S#%^!!!!
    Twitch
    Twitch

MW3 baby!  Empty Re: MW3 baby!

Post  Twitch 09.11.11 12:26

Call of duty needs to die. that is all.
    MSG Ridgeway
    MSG Ridgeway

Post  MSG Ridgeway 09.11.11 12:40

Twitch wrote:Call of duty needs to die. that is all.
    i know where you stand twitch, but give it a try man
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 09.11.11 12:59

Twitch wrote:Call of duty needs to die. that is all.

This
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 09.11.11 13:02

Campaign was overly scripted with action sequences and it has more crazy explosive ZOMG cool action than a Micheal Bay movie. I also felt that the Campaign was too repetitive, shoot this, shoot that. It was short and boring.

Multiplayer... Oh boy, where do I start??? I've been playing almost non-stop since it came out and only stopping when I have to go to work. Guess what? It's the same as MW2 but with more gimmicks. The annoying tubes, the annoying quick-scopers, the annoying gadgets and killstreaks are still there. And guess what, we still have annoying campers, trash-talkers, 15 year olds that you have to mute. I did not have fun at all. Maps are meh too. They're loosely designed and it feels like recycled material from the older games. There's nothing new about it. There's nothing great about it.

It's a recycled and rushed game that's exactly like the MW2 but they decided to add in just a few minor tweaks and slap in the number 3 and sell it as a completely new game. It even looks like MW2.

I'd like to know your complete analysis on how BF3 has nothing on "this S#^$%". I can't think of a reason, because this game "is S#$%&".
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 09.11.11 13:26

flipa wrote:Campaign was overly scripted with action sequences and it has more crazy explosive ZOMG cool action than a Micheal Bay movie. I also felt that the Campaign was too repetitive, shoot this, shoot that. It was short and boring.

Multiplayer... Oh boy, where do I start??? I've been playing almost non-stop since it came out and only stopping when I have to go to work. Guess what? It's the same as MW2 but with more gimmicks. The annoying tubes, the annoying quick-scopers, the annoying gadgets and killstreaks are still there. And guess what, we still have annoying campers, trash-talkers, 15 year olds that you have to mute. I did not have fun at all. Maps are meh too. They're loosely designed and it feels like recycled material from the older games. There's nothing new about it. There's nothing great about it.

It's a recycled and rushed game that's exactly like the MW2 but they decided to add in just a few minor tweaks and slap in the number 3 and sell it as a completely new game. It even looks like MW2.

I'd like to know your complete analysis on how BF3 has nothing on "this S#^$%". I can't think of a reason, because this game "is S#$%&".

Well after reading this, it just reinforces my love for BF3. Such a better game. Ill eventually rent it to play the campaign and some multiplayer but BF3 is just over the top notch game that I have been dreaming off.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 09.11.11 13:30

Crazy Twitch wrote:
    Well after reading this, it just reinforces my love for BF3. Such a better game. Ill eventually rent it to play the campaign and some multiplayer but BF3 is just over the top notch game that I have been dreaming off.

I can lend you my copy. I will never touch it ever again.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 09.11.11 13:41

Honestly BF3 has a lot of problems too, its not nearly as good as BF2.

But Call of Duty in general is just over dramatized, has a horrible community, and multiplayer is a joke. And it has ruined shooters for me. There is to much customization in kits now. Whatever happened to the days where you played with what you got? Or better yet, where you ran around and picked up guns?!
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 09.11.11 13:59

flipa wrote:
    Crazy Twitch wrote:

I can lend you my copy. I will never touch it ever again.

That would be awesome man. Thanksgiving break bro. And you should sell that afterwards because for sure you'll be able to get some cash for that.

Twitch I understand your outlook on BF3 but its something to work towards. It makes you wanna play just an extra game to unlock that new thing. They did a terrific job on BF3. Heck they even have bullet and shell drop. You have to be a skilled sniper or tank user in order to get distance shots. No more just pointing the crosshairs on a target two miles away and pulling the trigger. You have to adjust. One of my favorite things is how classes work with each other. The sniper has the SOFLAM to mark out target while the engineer has a Javalin to take that target out. Its a huge team based game. Even though I still have tons of fun playing with random people.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 09.11.11 14:30

BF3 is glitchy but multiplayer is more fun. MW3 is fun too. I like the campaign and the multiplayer in both games. I like the single player in MW3. I don't care that it is over dramatic because it's a video game. there definitely was a moment that made me go Shocked There aren't nearly as many glitches in MW3 but the ones in BF3 can be patched and hopefully will be evnetually. Twitch is right though...BF3 definitely isn't the same as BF2
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 09.11.11 14:59

I never sell my games. I collect them. I'm weird like that.
    MSG Ridgeway
    MSG Ridgeway

Post  MSG Ridgeway 09.11.11 15:16

I have much love for older battlefield. MW3 is a great game, BF3 multiplayer is garbage. Who wants to play on a huge map for 30 mins, and play with nothing but kids going prone. BF3 is also a very shaky game, i dont ever feel the stability i have in call of duty, that being said that BF3 game is S(*^ compared to call of duty. The COD singhle player had its ups and downs but i found it enjoyable. the multiplayer is freaking amazing! i just dont like the facts that some much needed perks like Scavenger(well scavenger being the only one lol) arent given until a later level. not a problem for me since im fixing to prestige lol. but yes, i found it to be a much more enjoyable game then BF3, i just dont like the play style of BF3. Its darn shaky and not good. it didnt impress me
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 09.11.11 15:34

It's different games, different playing styles. One of the reasons why MW3 and BF3 shouldn't be compared to each other. BF3 is more vehicle oriented, MW3 is more arcade style shooter (like Halo). BF3 is what real "modern warfare" is, long range engagements with a mix of close quarters with a big area to cover so there's more room for flanking and advancing tactics. BF3 is played slower than MW3, it's actually being smart than just running and gunning around like a maniac. BF3 has more recoil effects and bullet drop so you can't snipe someone with a pistol unlike in MW3. Plus BF3 is teamwork oriented, you can't and will never carry a whole team by yourself no matter how imba you are at FPS games.

The biggest thing is, I like the bullet damage with BF3 than in MW3. I got killed with literally 3 bullets from a M9 in MW3. The bullet damage in BF3 is decent in my taste, it doesn't take too much to kill you but it doesn't take less to kill you either. I HATE THE KILLSTREAKS. I HATE THE KILLSTREAKS WITH A PASSION. I know it's giving you an incentive for doing good, but some players who get killstreaks never deserve it (camping in a corner with claymores, C4, and whatever the new claymore thingy is in MW3 is not a good way to earn a killstreak).

The argument will seriously run on and on and on but what can we do? We have personal preferences and we have different styles in games and tastes.
    Scarface
    Scarface

Post  Scarface 09.11.11 17:07

All i need to say on this is BF3!
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 09.11.11 17:31

Personnally, I loved the first Call of Duty's. 1 and UO Expansion pack where the best Call of duty's ever produced IMO. And maybe we can throw COD 2 in as well. COD now is just a bunch of faggot elementary kids with sticky fingers whining and playing threw there headset and thinking they know everything about guns and combat situations, and the worst part is their not shy about displaying their vast wise knowledge on it at all. I just wish COD would stay with its roots and not bow down to what noobs want. Nevertheless, I just payed my friend 60 big ones to go get me a copy of MW3 when he gets it.
    MSG Ridgeway
    MSG Ridgeway

Post  MSG Ridgeway 09.11.11 18:26

Flipa: thats why i respect you, your not one sided about things. you state the pros and cons about both.

NAP: instead of letting the noobs win kick there A*&. dont give in to the noobs. there are gonna be people like that on every game.
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze 09.11.11 19:16

Only Call of duty i like is COD 4, But Battle field 3 has been better than all the Cod's to me
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 10.11.11 13:45

Goldeneye rules them all. If you dont know what I am talking about then clearly you didnt grow up in the 90s.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 10.11.11 14:00

Lol Goldeneye was the best!

When multiplayer was hooking up 4 controllers to your N64 for you and 3 other buddies to play on the samee TV, then cussing each other for looking at the others screen to figure out where they were.

As For me i have been a COD subscriber only COD 4 came out, but BF3 put that to an end. I am tired of garbage killstreaks that gets you more numbers, and turning the entire online experience into a D*** Measuring experience, i am tired of special perks that turn you into a jack rabbit that will never stop sprinting and gives you a 30 foot highlander sword to so you can sprint all over the map, knife people from 30 feet away, get your precious killstreaks and care packages and never raise your weapon. BF3 has taken the gameplay and slowed it down to bring it back to reality. No longer can you hurdle a 3 foot wall in a single bound, while shooting the enemy at 50 yards with your pistol at 8 shots a second, with a 1 foot spread. It;s just nice to experience the gameplay with such realism (Bullet drop, overall movement, recoil, tac light effectiveness, etc.) and I can't even describe the sound! The sound is really the best part of it for me. And of course the vehicles, of which I think they did a great job with as well. You can't just go jump in a chopper and rain hate on the entire map. they made it fairly difficult to manuever, which makes you have to really become skilled at flying them to be effective, which makes you want to fly them even more.

Sure sometimes my jet will just catch on fire, because of a glitch that the game showed bme no signs of being shot up, and yeah occasionally i jump around for a second due to lag, but for me COD did die.

BF3 is what COD wants to be when it grows up.
    MSG Ridgeway
    MSG Ridgeway

Post  MSG Ridgeway 10.11.11 16:06

ahh golden eye and agent under fire. you guys are making me experience a flashback. I miss my N64, smashbros, the legend of zelda. i wanna go back and relive it all. but anyways, BF3 and MW3 are to different games, if you like one over the other good for you. i just like cod. I can respect your opinions. Ordered my mayflower rig twitch, cant wait till it comes in
    cagcmc@gmail.com

Post  cagcmc@gmail.com 10.11.11 17:11

bf3 all the way!!!

more realism
    more recoil
    more fun

and plus mw3 is just mf2 with new maps... and killstreaks, because yeah i am going to be able to call in a harrier strike because i killed ten people...

if your into realism play bf3, if not go with mw3... your choice

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content