Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
Lone Wolf
{ACE}Steve-o
6 posters

Painting AGM Stubby M4

{ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Painting AGM Stubby M4 Empty Painting AGM Stubby M4

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 18.03.09 19:19

OK so i recently purchased a stubby M4. I will be picking this gun up probably friday. It is my gun, but my girlfriend is going to be using it when she comes out to play some airsoft. I was joking around and mentioned painting it pink, and the idea stuck with her. so now im painting itr so we can have a pink stubby. haha. Anyway. My question is, if i just want to paint the full stock, and the RIS system, what would be the best way to do this...step by step. Im wanting to do a dark pink in a mossy oak style. like use leaves and things to get that texture but use the dark pink. Im just "misting" the gun so its not bright. SO if someone could give me the steps on painting this pattern i would appreciate it. Also, if i wanted to paint the whol gun how do i go about it? WOuld i remove all the internals first or what? Thanks
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Painting AGM Stubby M4 Empty Re: Painting AGM Stubby M4

Post  Lone Wolf 18.03.09 20:22

You could do a detail similar to Tinman's. From his pic: Painting AGM Stubby M4 Dmr
    It looks like he used some kind of mesh to add the honey-comb white.

PAINT THE TIP PINK
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 18.03.09 22:00

haha yea i could just paint the tip pink. But i promised her i would do it. Do you have to take out the internals tot paint the whole gun?

Post  |337 18.03.09 22:12

i take every thing down as much as I can, use a primer of black fusion on plastic guns, then use the colors i will paint with giving 2-3 coats.
    UBCS Gibbs
    UBCS Gibbs

Post  UBCS Gibbs 19.03.09 0:04

Paint it like the UBCS Ak-74!!!

Painting AGM Stubby M4 DSCF3129
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 19.03.09 1:33

{TxS}Steve-o wrote:haha yea i could just paint the tip pink. But i promised her i would do it. Do you have to take out the internals tot paint the whole gun?
    You really do not have to take it down at all . . . since that gun is all metal you will be fine w/out the fusion paint . . . sounds like you are either gonna need stencils or spray over natural materials . . . it is easy to say "just eyeball it" but I have seen some camo jobs wind up looking like a gradeschool kid's finger paint experiment gone wrong! affraid
    To be honest, you'd likely be best making a nice stencil and putting one item on the buttstock in pink. (similar to how the above pic of my SPR has the cereal killers logo) The "misting" will not adhere as well and will be hard to show a pattern. You could do a pink execution squad logo on the inside of the buttstock and she'd think it was great yet it would not be hugley visible when playing. Plus . . . if you ever got tired of it, it would be a TON easier to "undo" than an all over camo job.
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 19.03.09 1:39

I talked her out of the pink gun!! hahaha. but i still may do a camo paint job. but now i can use brown and green.
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 19.03.09 20:41

or you could get a hello kitty emblem and just stencil it in pink
    jkeeble2
    jkeeble2

Post  jkeeble2 19.03.09 22:26

{TxS}Steve-o wrote:OK so i recently purchased a stubby M4. I will be picking this gun up probably friday. It is my gun, but my girlfriend is going to be using it when she comes out to play some airsoft. I was joking around and mentioned painting it pink, and the idea stuck with her. so now im painting itr so we can have a pink stubby. haha. Anyway. My question is, if i just want to paint the full stock, and the RIS system, what would be the best way to do this...step by step. Im wanting to do a dark pink in a mossy oak style. like use leaves and things to get that texture but use the dark pink. Im just "misting" the gun so its not bright. SO if someone could give me the steps on painting this pattern i would appreciate it. Also, if i wanted to paint the whol gun how do i go about it? WOuld i remove all the internals first or what? Thanks

the way iv always done this sort of thing is to get your base color down and then use an oak leaf to act as a stencil with just a little black spray paint i think it would look pretty awsome

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.04.24 8:40