Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
Andy
flipa
6 posters

Reloading Drills.

flipa
    flipa

Reloading Drills. Empty Reloading Drills.

Post  flipa 31.12.11 3:03

Twitch and I had a discussion about how reloads where you grab the mag from a belt pouch or your pocket is easier than grabbing it from your gear. So I decided to give it a try to see how harder could it be.

It is harder only due to the fact that I am not used and I don't like the grip on the magazines whenever I pull it out. I don't have much control of the magazine since I am only gripping the lower part and not half of the magazine when I grab it from the hip. But the travel is shorter from when you pull it from the hip. Takes practice. Too bad I forgot the plate carrier when I went to shoot today.. I wanted to try to shoot with gear on.
    Andy
    Andy

Reloading Drills. Empty Re: Reloading Drills.

Post  Andy 31.12.11 16:36

When turning the rifle to the left, make sure you are actually checking to make sure there is not a round/shell casing stuck. That is the purpose of that "twist", not just to help toss the mag out.

I have seen a slight variation of grabbing the mag. Instead of grabbing just the bottom, this guy places the back of his hand (thumb down) against the carrier, behind the mag. This way, he was grabbing more of the mag. Not very comfortable. Very awkward. But, just about any type of reload can be made smooth and fast with practice. Using one of the cut-down mag pouches would also help. I think DIAMONDBACK TACTICAL makes them.

Video looks really good though.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 31.12.11 16:56

Andy wrote:When turning the rifle to the left, make sure you are actually checking to make sure there is not a round/shell casing stuck. That is the purpose of that "twist", not just to help toss the mag out.

I have seen a slight variation of grabbing the mag. Instead of grabbing just the bottom, this guy places the back of his hand (thumb down) against the carrier, behind the mag. This way, he was grabbing more of the mag. Not very comfortable. Very awkward. But, just about any type of reload can be made smooth and fast with practice. Using one of the cut-down mag pouches would also help. I think DIAMONDBACK TACTICAL makes them.

Video looks really good though.

I am looking at the bolt if it is locked to the rear whenever I twist the gun. Yeah I know it's not just some Magpul cool looking thing you do.

I tried different variations and techniques before I made the video, and this was the only grip pretty consistently with me.
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 31.12.11 19:16

its also harder when you have closed top mags, or two mags in one pouch. Flipping the mag top to the side and pulling the mag out takes a lot longer than if you have your mags in open tops or fast mags
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 31.12.11 19:23

Need to get you a BAD lever.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 31.12.11 21:04

wolf six wrote:its also harder when you have closed top mags, or two mags in one pouch. Flipping the mag top to the side and pulling the mag out takes a lot longer than if you have your mags in open tops or fast mags

Sgt Andy showed me a handy way of dealing with mag pouches that have the flap over them. You basically squeeze it in between the two magazines so one is already showing out of the mag pouch. I've tried doing it with 2 mags in the pouch, it made no difference.

Admin wrote:Need to get you a BAD lever.

I have one, I just haven't had the time to install it yet. And no, I will not pay an armorer to do it for me.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 31.12.11 21:42

BAD levers are user install dude. It took me less than a minute. Just open it up and follow the instructions.
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 31.12.11 23:43

flipa wrote:
    wolf six wrote:its also harder when you have closed top mags, or two mags in one pouch. Flipping the mag top to the side and pulling the mag out takes a lot longer than if you have your mags in open tops or fast mags

Sgt Andy showed me a handy way of dealing with mag pouches that have the flap over them. You basically squeeze it in between the two magazines so one is already showing out of the mag pouch. I've tried doing it with 2 mags in the pouch, it made no difference.

or use magnets to hold your pouches closed; they work better than velcro
    TrunkMonkey
    TrunkMonkey

Post  TrunkMonkey 01.01.12 14:21

On the note of bad levers, I would really recommend you get proficient with the normal paddle before upgrading. I took my bad lever off for the longest time just to refresh on my basics. You dont want to only learn how to operate a carbine with the added hardware.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 09.05.24 18:10