Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+5
XXX
Rhino
Admin
reconsniperga
9 posters

Problem with CA Gearboxes

reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Problem with CA Gearboxes Empty Problem with CA Gearboxes

Post  reconsniperga 05.01.09 19:00

I have a problem with my Classic Army M15a4, and my CA SLR-105. The gearbox seems like it can't pull the spring back. I have a Marui EG1000 motor in the m15, and the stock CA motor in the slr. I used a 8.4v, and it was fully charged so its not the battery and it shouldn't be the motor. The sound is like when your battery is dead, and the motor can barely turn. Could someone ID this problem, and if you can could you give me a solution?

Thanks,
    Jimmy

Problem with CA Gearboxes Empty Re: Problem with CA Gearboxes

Post  |337 05.01.09 19:21

What spring is it? the battery might not have sufficient power to supply the motor, especially if the battery is an ACM or really old. Also check the wiring, there could be a short or something limiting the current flow.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 05.01.09 19:34

What kind of battery is it? Do you have a different battery to test?
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 05.01.09 19:40

reconsniperga wrote:I have a problem with my Classic Army M15a4, and my CA SLR-105. The gearbox seems like it can't pull the spring back. I have a Marui EG1000 motor in the m15, and the stock CA motor in the slr. I used a 8.4v, and it was fully charged so its not the battery and it shouldn't be the motor. The sound is like when your battery is dead, and the motor can barely turn. Could someone ID this problem, and if you can could you give me a solution?

Thanks,
    Jimmy

It could just be that the battery doesnt have enough amperage to get the motor going. It could also be that the piston is locked back and the motor doesnt have the torque to pull it the rest of the way back. or lastly it maybe the gearbox is locked up for some reason. You can come by the shop and I can try a big battery to eliminate that for you or you can drop them off with me and I will dianosis and fix the problem for $40.00 for each gun (that doesnt include any parts if anything is messed up). Just let me know if I can be of an help.
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 05.01.09 20:06

Springs are M110s. and the battery is a 8.4v 1100mAH
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 05.01.09 22:39

I'm almost positive that you're battery is fried.
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 05.01.09 22:54

Yeah It's the battery but mine did that when it was not charged so...

Post  |337 06.01.09 9:41

Your charger could also have failed, it might not be charging your battery and thats why it sounds like a dead battery.
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 06.01.09 12:05

Sounds like the battery to me also are you trying the same battery on both guns?
    It's not likely to have the same problem with two different mechbox's sounds like the common problem is the battery if you are using it for both gun's.
    UBCS Gibbs
    UBCS Gibbs

Post  UBCS Gibbs 06.01.09 19:23

To me, it sounds like someone did not shim their gun correctly. To be sure I would check the shimming to see if you can spin the gears freely.

Also, my rule of thumb is just to use a 9.6v or a li-po. I don't even touch those 8.4v's anymore, and soon not going to touch anymore Ni-Cd or Ni-MH.

Try it on a 9.6v to see if the motor will pull it back anymore. If that does not work, a re-shim might be necessary.
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 06.01.09 22:36

Well, if it makes any differance I put the battery on my Echo 1 AK74u and it worked like a charm.

Post  |337 06.01.09 22:50

Have you ever opened the gearboxes?
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 06.01.09 23:56

There can be a multitude of problems your best bet is to bring it to a professional who knows gear boxes inside and out, like Airdogs store or myself,i am always open to fixing any guns normally for very cheap, i many good used stock parts laying around but airdog might warranty their parts which i cannot because i am not retailer, but i will always fix it again for free if the problem persists. But a retailer like Airdog is the way to go if you have the money. All the people there are all very nice and respectful, the gun techs seem like they know what they are doing very well, but with a problem like you are explaining you probably need someone who knows what they are doing. So unless you know gearboxes i would bring it to someone to be fixed.
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 07.01.09 20:22

|337 wrote:Have you ever opened the gearboxes?
    The CA M15 yes, but it was "upgraded" by nashville airsoft but they screwed it up, so I've had 3 other people look at it and cannot find the problem, and I finally looked at it and the only thing I found strange was its spring, so I threw a spare echo 1 spring in it and still didn't work. As for the gearbox of the slr, no.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 07.01.09 21:22

reconsniperga wrote:
    |337 wrote:Have you ever opened the gearboxes?
    The CA M15 yes, but it was "upgraded" by nashville airsoft but they screwed it up, so I've had 3 other people look at it and cannot find the problem, and I finally looked at it and the only thing I found strange was its spring, so I threw a spare echo 1 spring in it and still didn't work. As for the gearbox of the slr, no.

Bring in to me I'll get you straight
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 24.02.09 1:05

most likely u need a stronger batt or sometimes the motor actually may be pushed up 2 high in the gearbox and it causes more stress on the pinion gear which makes the motor work harder and since u have a weak batt it cant push it, or it can be that ur piston is outa place or your gears are locked up like zero said it can be a million things i would bring it into rhino if i were you
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 24.02.09 16:55

I was able to find out the problem, I needed a battery with more amperage. BTW Please don't necropost sniper2525.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 17.05.24 5:26