Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+13
WPeake23 [SOTHG]
B Boy
Takfire
Admin
Crazy Twitch
sniper2525
scooter
Tinman
Q-bald
#CW!!ZERO
XXX
Rhino
17 posters

Ideas on the bunkering issues and meds

WPeake23 [SOTHG]
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]

Ideas on the bunkering issues and meds - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas on the bunkering issues and meds

Post  WPeake23 [SOTHG] 14.04.09 13:40

You guys a a large costumer base of younger players. I'm not too huge on any MEDs or FPS limits. I think if you put the limits that l33t suggested, you wont lose any of those customers. But, part of airsoft is getting shot for sure. So anyone who dosen't want to geet shot, SHOULD STAY HOME!
    Crazy Twitch

Ideas on the bunkering issues and meds - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas on the bunkering issues and meds

Post  Crazy Twitch 14.04.09 15:18

Excatly B-Boy. You guys can't come to an airsoft game and expect to leave untouched. Excatly like B-Boy said, if your a motorcycle driver, you dress accordently. Gloves, helmet, jacket, etc..... You don't know how many times Russ, Trent, and I have been blasted from just a few feet away. Russ has collected quite a few scars of his hand. Heck even Alpine was shot in the face by Russ ( Haha) and even drew blood but he didn't complain. It's part of the sport guys. Stuff happens. I usually walk of the field at least blood drawn within two AIRDOG events. It's going to happen. Expect it.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 14.04.09 15:22

Crazy Twitch wrote:Excatly RhinoB Boy. You guys can't come to an airsoft game and expect to leave untouched. Excatly like RhinoB Boy said, if your a motorcycle driver, you dress accordently. Gloves, helmet, jacket, etc..... You don't know how many times Russ, Trent, and I have been blasted from just a few feet away. Russ has collected quite a few scars of his hand. Heck even Alpine was shot in the face by Russ ( Haha) and even drew blood but he didn't complain. It's part of the sport guys. Stuff happens. I usually walk of the field at least blood drawn within two AIRDOG events. It's going to happen. Expect it.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 14.04.09 15:23

Admin wrote:
    Crazy Twitch wrote:Excatly RhinoB Boy. You guys can't come to an airsoft game and expect to leave untouched. Excatly like RhinoB Boy said, if your a motorcycle driver, you dress accordently. Gloves, helmet, jacket, etc..... You don't know how many times Russ, Trent, and I have been blasted from just a few feet away. Russ has collected quite a few scars of his hand. Heck even Alpine was shot in the face by Russ ( Haha) and even drew blood but he didn't complain. It's part of the sport guys. Stuff happens. I usually walk of the field at least blood drawn within two AIRDOG events. It's going to happen. Expect it.
    I fixed it before you did.... HAHAHHA
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]

Post  WPeake23 [SOTHG] 14.04.09 15:52

Will something like this work?

Ideas on the bunkering issues and meds - Page 2 Dscn1110

Post  Guest 14.04.09 16:44

The flaw of the argument of stay home or prepare to be blasted is that there will always be those who won't stay home. Your always going to have the guys who get shot up and complain about it, look around on this forum you can find them quite easily. I agree with the attire, and even if you dont wear the face mask or protective gloves, as I don't, if you get really messed up just relax, just because you drew blood means nothing, absolutely nothing, you will live and given time it will heal, I too thought that I had a permanent scar on my chin and on my nose, when a BB literally tore through the top of my nose and stayed there (it didnt bounce off, it stuck into my nose), but its completely fine now. However, that doesn't change the fact that people are always going to come unprepared both physically and mentally to cope with these kind of things, so in order to run a proper buisness, MEDs and FPS limits are just something we are going to have to deal with.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 14.04.09 17:30

Crazy Twitch wrote:Heck even Alpine was shot in the face by Russ ( Haha) and even drew blood but he didn't complain.

Maybe he did not complain then but we've heard the story MANY times since then! Rolling Eyes lol! Rolling Eyes lol!
    B Boy
    B Boy

Post  B Boy 14.04.09 19:27

Aggressor Dog wrote:The flaw of the argument of stay home or prepare to be blasted is that there will always be those who won't stay home. Your always going to have the guys who get shot up and complain about it, look around on this forum you can find them quite easily. I agree with the attire, and even if you dont wear the face mask or protective gloves, as I don't, if you get really messed up just relax, just because you drew blood means nothing, absolutely nothing, you will live and given time it will heal, I too thought that I had a permanent scar on my chin and on my nose, when a BB literally tore through the top of my nose and stayed there (it didnt bounce off, it stuck into my nose), but its completely fine now. However, that doesn't change the fact that people are always going to come unprepared both physically and mentally to cope with these kind of things, so in order to run a proper buisness, MEDs and FPS limits are just something we are going to have to deal with.

I agree completely I am not saying that there shouldn't be med or fps limits. I am only saying there is not an easy solution. In my opinion our MED and FPS limits are good to keep the game fun and keep it safe. I can tell you even if we did something crazy like making the MED for AEG lets say 50 feet and snipers 100 it would be no fun and it still wouldn't completely eliminate the risk of getting shot close up. One of the worst marks I have had to date was from my team mate that was behind me it was close up. It hurt but it was an accident I just happened to run into the crossfire.
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 14.04.09 20:28

Well now it wouldn't be any fun if I couldn't cry about it to someone one Tinman.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 14.04.09 20:32

Alpine wrote:Well now it wouldn't be any fun if I couldn't cry about it to someone one Tinman.
    Hey . . . I'm here for ya man! Laughing Laughing
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 14.04.09 21:24

Well now it wouldn't be any fun if I couldn't cry about it to someone one Tinman.

I guess russ didnt see the bright florecent orange vest u were wearing dave hahaha Smile
    Dragon13
    Dragon13

Post  Dragon13 14.04.09 21:28

I think the airdog staff has done a great job in the area of safety and I am sure things will change along the way as more and more people get in to airsoft, but thats what we want and I am willing to make adaptations to the way that I play if it means more people stay interested in it. I probably don't have much room to talk because I am new to airsoft and I have made mistakes myself, as I am sure we all have. Those that are new are going to make mistakes, but they will, As I have, learn from those that have been playing longer. It is ultimately the individual players responsibility to wear the proper protective gear, if i get shot in the eye because I wore the wrong goggles, its my fault not the person who shot me. I agree MEDs need to be in place, but there comes a time when the individual must take responsibility. The honor system is still the best rule in place to date.
    frog
    frog

Post  frog 14.04.09 21:31

I think there is probably some room for improvement, but having said that, if it gets too complicated, it just isn't much fun. I fall more on the side of being there to shoot and get shot. It is the nature of the game. If you bunker me, I will not shoot you but take the hit as a way to honor your good game play. It happens to everyone at some point. If we want to have more enforcement on surrendering when bunkered I am all for it. The punch card system may work great. I am also for punitive measures for those who are repeatedly caught not calling hits. When it gets more complicated than this, I begin to lose interest. It is just as easy to have a mark left on you by running through a stream of your team mates bb's as it is the other teams. Hold chronic offenders accountable, and keep the rules simple. There is nothing worse than a rules briefing take longer than some of the games.
    Dragon13
    Dragon13

Post  Dragon13 14.04.09 21:37

frog wrote:I think there is probably some room for improvement, but having said that, if it gets too complicated, it just isn't much fun. I fall more on the side of being there to shoot and get shot. It is the nature of the game. If you bunker me, I will not shoot you but take the hit as a way to honor your good game play. It happens to everyone at some point. If we want to have more enforcement on surrendering when bunkered I am all for it. The punch card system may work great. I am also for punitive measures for those who are repeatedly caught not calling hits. When it gets more complicated than this, I begin to lose interest. It is just as easy to have a mark left on you by running through a stream of your team mates bb's as it is the other teams. Hold chronic offenders accountable, and keep the rules simple. There is nothing worse than a rules briefing take longer than some of the games.

I am in 100% agreement with you frog.

Post  |337 14.04.09 21:39

Dragon13 wrote:
    frog wrote:I think there is probably some room for improvement, but having said that, if it gets too complicated, it just isn't much fun. I fall more on the side of being there to shoot and get shot. It is the nature of the game. If you bunker me, I will not shoot you but take the hit as a way to honor your good game play. It happens to everyone at some point. If we want to have more enforcement on surrendering when bunkered I am all for it. The punch card system may work great. I am also for punitive measures for those who are repeatedly caught not calling hits. When it gets more complicated than this, I begin to lose interest. It is just as easy to have a mark left on you by running through a stream of your team mates bb's as it is the other teams. Hold chronic offenders accountable, and keep the rules simple. There is nothing worse than a rules briefing take longer than some of the games.

Yeah I agree with that 100% as well, they should be short, simple, and to the point.
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 14.04.09 22:01

|337 wrote:
    Dragon13 wrote:

Yeah I agree with that 100% as well, they should be short, simple, and to the point.

mmhhhmm
    vorter
    vorter

Post  vorter 05.05.09 21:42

lol im 12 and have a 449 fps gun.

I agree that this is an issue and we need good rules and regulations to keep everyone safe.
    I have a pistol already but im going to buy another gas gun that goes around 300 fps or less for bunkering.
    Frog is right.Keep it simple so its fun.Alot of complicating things just ruins the game.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 01.05.24 18:11