Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
Rhino
Q-bald
6 posters

Which gun is better?

Q-bald
    Q-bald

Which gun is better? Empty Which gun is better?

Post  Q-bald 21.05.09 20:14

I have been looking at these 2 guns(among many others) for my son to use or as a back up when he is not playing.
    Just wanted some opinions, and to see if anyone has fired either of these weapons.I've seen and read reviews on both,but most reviews
    are people just showing off their new gun and wont say anything negative.

http://www.airsoftpost.com/preorder-612009-version-cyma-cm042-full-metal-real-wood-ak47-airsoft-rifle-p-30088.html

http://www.airsoftpost.com/carbine-special-editions-combat-machine-airsoft-rifle-p-30418.html
    Rhino
    Rhino

Which gun is better? Empty Re: Which gun is better?

Post  Rhino 21.05.09 20:24

I say get the AK
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 21.05.09 21:06

The M4 in my opinion. Sorry to blatantly disagree with you rhino but the gearbox is the same a the proline and will last your son plenty of thousands of rounds.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 22.05.09 18:14

Electioneer wrote:The M4 in my opinion. Sorry to blatantly disagree with you rhino but the gearbox is the same a the proline and will last your son plenty of thousands of rounds.

I agree about the gear box being much better,but the AK looks so sweet.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 22.05.09 18:24

Electioneer wrote:The M4 in my opinion. Sorry to blatantly disagree with you rhino but the gearbox is the same a the proline and will last your son plenty of thousands of rounds.

No, the combat machine has a reworked gearbox, with a different motor, different piston, and a different cylinder/head. Only the gears and the shell are the same. The barrel also isn't the one that's from the standard G&G.

I say get the AK. Or one of the newer Dboys AK's and a new hopup bucking/barrel.
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 22.05.09 18:54

Admin wrote:

No, the combat machine has a reworked gearbox, with a different motor, different piston, and a different cylinder/head. Only the gears and the shell are the same. The barrel also isn't the one that's from the standard G&G.

I say get the AK. Or one of the newer Dboys AK's and a new hopup bucking/barrel.

You sure admin?

http://www.airsoftpost.com/carbine-special-editions-combat-machine-airsoft-rifle-p-30418.html

On the second review down, the gun claims it has the same GB as a proline.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 22.05.09 19:04

Electioneer wrote:
    Admin wrote:

You sure admin?

On the second review down, the gun claims it has the same GB as a proline.
    I considered buying one a while back. I looked on here: http://www.thewarstore.org/airsoft/aeg-rifles/g-g-guay-guay/gandg-combat-machine-m16-carbine.html, and it says that the internals are about 80%. I emailed the owner, and he told me that the piston, motor, and barrel were different The cylinder is painted blue, but IDK if that means it's different than the proline one or if it's just a different color.

Last edited by Admin on 22.05.09 20:40; edited 1 time in total
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 22.05.09 20:23

I've heard good things about both of them but I'd go with the AK for the real wood and better construction, an my cheapo cyma Ak has worked out extremely nice
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 22.05.09 21:24

I would go with the M4, preferably an A&k stay away from the dboys.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 10:37