Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

5 posters

The Potential Scotland Scam!

Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

The Potential Scotland Scam! Empty The Potential Scotland Scam!

Post  Airsoftguy238 03.06.09 0:12

Earlier this week I posted an ad on craigslist saying will do odd jobs in college park area (retherford don't say anything) And after getting some bs emails to do some google jobs for whatever kits blah blah blah, I was excited when I received an email from this one guy. He is supposedly located in scotland and his IP address didn't allow him to post ads on craigslist. He said he would pay me $150 to put ads up for Armed Security Needed in the atlanta and cicinnati area. I thought Atlanta makes since, Cincinnati? Didn't really make sense, but whatever I did it. This guy started say great! I will send money to you tomorrow, I just need address. It would be great if I could charge to a credit card. And I said NO! I said I will take cash only. So he said he would send cash he just needs an address, I told him I'm only 14 and I need to ask my parents, no reply for the past hour and he was replying to all my other emails very quickly. Find this fishy? Well, I'll tell you guys how it goes.
    Tinman
    Tinman

The Potential Scotland Scam! Empty Re: The Potential Scotland Scam!

Post  Tinman 03.06.09 6:32

Certainly no offense to ya because I commend you for wanting to work at 14 but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is a DUCK! affraid
    Yes, that is a scam . . . someone is looking to bait you in to get access to a bank account, hence the credit card payment request. Craigslist is great in some respect but RIFE with scammers . . . I am just surprised you have not gotten offers from pedophiles too . . . YET!
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 03.06.09 7:59

I told you Max....
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 03.06.09 8:18

Well, he hasn't emailed me back after I told him I'm 14, it might have scared him off or he just doesn't want to pay. Either way, I would have done this job for free and I would never have given any type of account transfers.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 03.06.09 9:05

Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 03.06.09 9:30

So after getting literally 20+ emails from bodyguards interested in the offer, I took all posts down. I emailed the guy saying to scam someone else and if he was for real to figure it out himself.
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Post  Blackhawk 5 03.06.09 19:56

Anyone offering money (too good to be true) overseas is 90% to be a scam.
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 03.06.09 20:03

Yeah, well he still hasn't emailed me back, so hopefully all my worries are gone!

Post  Guest 03.06.09 23:57

He is a scammer based out of either Libya or Algeria. Trust me. Ask him how things are in North Africa and he will tell you. Happens ALL the time when you stalk craigslist, and Im a pro at that, Ive got some really funny stories about those guys. Every single one comes out of those two countries, without fail.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 20.05.24 6:07