Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+9
{ACE}Steve-o
NJSC
Twitch
scooter
Lone Wolf
Admin
Airsoftguy238
XXX
BigD
13 posters

Deadliest Warrior

Poll

Who would win?

[ 9 ]
    Deadliest Warrior Bar_left82%Deadliest Warrior Bar_right [82%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Deadliest Warrior Bar_left18%Deadliest Warrior Bar_right [18%] 

Total Votes: 11
    BigD

Deadliest Warrior Empty Deadliest Warrior

Post  BigD 03.06.09 21:36

last night on spike's "deadliest warrior," a small IRA cell was pitted a squad of Taliban and the IRA ended up winning. your thoughts, please?
    XXX
    XXX

Deadliest Warrior Empty Re: Deadliest Warrior

Post  XXX 03.06.09 22:17

My view of the Taliban is that they are somewhat clumsy, when they get into it they start screaming alah acbaaar and then they get shot. I also have no respect for them so the IRA=auto win.
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 03.06.09 22:20

I just like the taliban's voice cracks when they scream.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 03.06.09 22:22

Not a big fan of the Taliban either. That being said, I'm not a big fan of the IRA. I think they're about equal.
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 03.06.09 22:24

That episode was so biased. The IRA would have no chance in a real life scenario. Yea they can use nail bombs and AR-15's but those make for better assasination techniques rather than the Taliban's actual guerilla warfare.

The IRA is a group of assassins, not a militia.
    scooter
    scooter

Post  scooter 04.06.09 7:38

Lone Wolf wrote:That episode was so biased. The IRA would have no chance in a real life scenario. Yea they can use nail bombs and AR-15's but those make for better assasination techniques rather than the Taliban's actual guerilla warfare.

The IRA is a group of assassins, not a militia.

I just Kinda think the show is biased in general, Have you seen the one with the pirate and the knight? They Dont exactly weigh the odds evenly, even if they have that computer program. scratch

Post  Guest 04.06.09 9:04

Don't underestimate the Taliban. They are a highly organized group of fighters, they may not have the weaponry or the specialty of a military power like the U.S. but they can be very potent in abusive guerilla and terroristic warfare. Alot of people look at the Taliban and see people running around screaming "allah achbah!" but the reality is far from. It really does depend on what part of the Taliban you are in combat with. Some parts are very isolated and far from the center, like angry locals or extreme religious fighters who really have bottom of the barrel training and access to local weaponry only. Others however have a good level of training and access to the Taliban's armory, weapons like M16s, AK74s, SVDs, RPG, AT-4s, Claymores, Artilerry shells, Mortar tubes, .50Cals, PKMs, etc etc. There is a reason why the A-10s and the Helicopters do most of our killing, if you get to close those fighters can leave a nasty bite.

As for the IRA, they are a much smaller and isolated group fighting a much less difficult political war. Less experience, I doubt they could take on the Taliban and leave so much as a dent.
    BigD

Post  BigD 04.06.09 12:12

Aggressor Dog wrote:Don't underestimate the Taliban. They are a highly organized group of fighters, they may not have the weaponry or the specialty of a military power like the U.S. but they can be very potent in abusive guerilla and terroristic warfare. Alot of people look at the Taliban and see people running around screaming "allah achbah!" but the reality is far from. It really does depend on what part of the Taliban you are in combat with. Some parts are very isolated and far from the center, like angry locals or extreme religious fighters who really have bottom of the barrel training and access to local weaponry only. Others however have a good level of training and access to the Taliban's armory, weapons like M16s, AK74s, SVDs, RPG, AT-4s, Claymores, Artilerry shells, Mortar tubes, .50Cals, PKMs, etc etc. There is a reason why the A-10s and the Helicopters do most of our killing, if you get to close those fighters can leave a nasty bite.

As for the IRA, they are a much smaller and isolated group fighting a much less difficult political war. Less experience, I doubt they could take on the Taliban and leave so much as a dent.

While your point on the Taliban is very good, you really shouldn't write the IRA off either. The IRA have been fighting the British, who have one of the worlds better military forces, since the late 1910's. So they are going on a century of nearly constant fighting. Obviously there have been periods of relative calm but still. So obviously they are doing something right.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 04.06.09 14:48

They are both terrorist groups. Kill them all, let god sort them out lol.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 04.06.09 14:59

Capitol G in God Twitch. geez
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 05.06.09 0:06

i once saw a bumpersticker that said "It's God's job to forgive Bin Laden, Its our job to arrange the meeting" -marine bumper sticker.

haha. sorry to get off topic. twitch made me think of that.

Post  |337 05.06.09 7:55

{TxS}Steve-o wrote:i once saw a bumpersticker that said "It's God's job to forgive Bin Laden, Its our job to arrange the meeting" -marine bumper sticker.

haha. sorry to get off topic. twitch made me think of that.
    I will get that bumper sticker when i join the military
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 05.06.09 23:15

Paul, I would recommend not underestimating the IRA either. They are fairly well equipped and are fairly well organized.

Now, make sure you read the next statement all the way through. Given the right circumstances, I believe the IRA could effectively dish out some pretty good punishment to the taliban. That being said, in an all out staged war, the taliban has number, financial reserves, and strength on their side, and they would more than likely win any fully staged war.

Now that we have that in mind, I have no preference for either one. I dislike both equally and do not agree with any of their methods for getting things done.
    Maverick
    Maverick

Post  Maverick 15.06.09 18:15

the talibans ability to recruit alone could when that fight. and dont forget what the taliban did to the russian military in the 80's
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 15.06.09 18:46

Maverick wrote:the talibans ability to recruit alone could when that fight.

I think you mean "WIN"

sorry I had to do that.
    Maverick
    Maverick

Post  Maverick 15.06.09 18:54

touché
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 15.06.09 18:56

LOL Laughing